1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

36yo On Clomid For 2 Years

Discussion in 'Quick Q&A with Dr. Crisler' started by cajuntx, Mar 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. cajuntx

cajuntx New Member

Hello,

I've been taking 25mg of Clomid EOD for about 2 years now. I haven't had any side effects, and feel good, so far. I did notice a big increase in E2 level, so take Calicium D-Glucarate and IC3 ED. I plan on getting blood done next month. My question is really about safety. I read somewhere that Clomiphene can be carcinogenic. What does this mean? Does it cause cancer? Also, the reason I'm taking is due to low testosterone levels, but my wife and I aren't done having kids. She's actually pregnant now with our first baby girl - due this April. Anyway, I just want to make sure I'm not putting my health at risk with long-term Clomid use. I considered TRT, but don't think it's the best option for me since we're still wanting more kids. Is Clomid the best solution in 2018? I read something about Androxal (enclomiphene), but apparently it didn't make it past trials, and FDA didn't approve. Also, I'm very active and do bodybuilding/powerlifting. My strength has been pretty good on Clomid - currently deadlifting 545 lbs. and squatting 425 lbs. - which is pretty good for a tall guy (6'4").