1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Aches And Pains Lower Dose

Discussion in 'Male Health & HRT' started by Jay74, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Jay74

Jay74 New Member

I have been on trt for about 8 months I'm 44 always in good shape low body fat 6 foot 185lbs .. aches and pains led me to trt after all else failed was even sent for MRI. my friend on trt said check your testostone sure enough came back 260 and estradiol was at 12 so dr said yes worth a shot 4 months in all pain gone at 120 a week was feeling great then came bad cystic acne on my back. My dr said split it 60 twice a week no improvements after 6 weeks so lowered to 50 twice a week never helped much now this is my 2nd week at 40 twice a week and all my back pains have come back I'm in canada so dr care for trt is very limited now he did give me arimidex about a month ago he thought would help with acne but my estrogen was only at 33 and I felt good I took half a pill a week and this is around the same time the pain started then he lowered my dose 2 weeks later so my question is the dose of trt to low ? Seems that back pain eases 2nd day after shot then gets worse should I inject 1 time a week to try and get e2 back up cause I'm sure that's why my pain came back i want to increase my dose but the acne is so painful and bad I need to get rid of that so frustrated at this point don't know what to do looking for a new dr is not a easy task here. I take Probiotics omega-3 zinc D and b complex Thanks if anyone has anything for me

2. Captain

Captain Member

Low carb diet and supplement Viva krill oil, Boron 3mg, Magnesium and bcm-95 curcumin. If you have gut problems don't take bcm-95 curcumin. Give it a month to work and if you don't think it works you will find out when you stop.[wink]

Thyroid causes symptoms like low T.

You need to see your SHBG level. Strict low carb diet increases my SHBG and I know it from years of labs. Your results may differ.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    Jay74 likes this.
  3. Jay74

Jay74 New Member

I do take magnesium never heard of boron is that for the acne ? Thanks for the response! getting really lost here. Here's a weird thing I had 4 vodka sodas last night had my injection today aches and pains 80% better than yesterday wondering if the booze bumped up my e2 and eased the pain .. I I rarely drink booze so I've never made this connection unless it's just a fluke?

4. Captain

Captain Member

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    Jay74 likes this.
  5. Sharpman28

Sharpman28 Member

stop eating nuts and seeds and chocolate. Reduce caffeine. Go back to your original dose of trt and see if you still get cystic acne.

Jay74 likes this.
  6. Jay74

Jay74 New Member

Funny you say that I have always ate lots of nuts and seeds but never had a problem with acne,? just had thyroid tested and tsh is 4 dr starting me on synthroid now thinking it could be related to acne?

7. Captain

Captain Member

It may increase SHBG decreasing your acne. My wife has acne and changes in dose of thyroid changes the acne.

Jay74 likes this.
  8. Jay74

Jay74 New Member

Thanks hope it helps