1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum! Please be sure you bookmark our new address. Also, please register and join the conversations. It's free!

After two months of Oxytocin-

Discussion in 'Male Health & HRT' started by 00slotiv, Jan 5, 2013.

1. 00slotiv

00slotiv Active Member

:tongue_smilie:10 units per day, calmness, not even restless sleeping, relaxation, remarkable loss of emotional craving for tempting carbs, have lost 19 pounds in that time.

6-1.5 , 200 lbs today.

My bed sheets had been way off the bed on the floor all year when I woke up, even after a few hours of sleep. Now, it just doesn't happen.

I have laughed and kidded around more these two months than all year, it seems.

Yes, it has been easier to touch anyone with this "touch hormone", FWIW.

It apparantly has also taken off the edginess I had felt with work and the business of the day. The circumstances seem unchanged but I am not as easily angered. Haven't lost strength in the gym, still working six days a week.

Just overall more relaxed, more interest in being around family.

I just had surgery derailed several times and gotten banned from the local blood donation center, yet it hasn't eaten my alive like I might have suspected it would.

I like this a lot. I only spent two days last year socializing with "friends" and I think they were only soliciting me because they never followed up. That is a drought friends the worst in my 51 years, but I am okay with it.

I have read that taking oxytocin creates more oxytocin, there is not a negative feedback loop.

I asked for 10 units a day, others only use it before sex, men and women. I had no idea what to expect so just asked for it every day, and am glad I did.

Last impression, it really seems to inhibit unnecassary displays of anger or aggression. In a way, it seems like my testosterone level is not as high, but it isn't that. Very pleased. :cool::drool5::biggrin: :tongue_smilie:

http://eoxytocinspray.com/tag/cravings/

http://www.reuniting.info/science/oxytocin_heals_cravings_for_sweets_david_brooks

http://womenonlife.com/chocolate-cravings-–-why-women-crave-chocolate chocolate, dopamine, oxytocin

Bob

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  2. JackNeedsHelp

JackNeedsHelp Member

"Counteracts the effects of cortisol, the stress hormone"

Oxytocin is also the main driver of our hormonal system and aides in decreasing corticosterone (cortisol) and other stress hormones, which help lower blood pressure.

Not for me :thumbup1:

3. 00slotiv

00slotiv Active Member

JackNeedsHelp, I use Cortef 4 times a day at 5 mg and for the longest time believed just 5 more mg would get me to feeling right. Since using the Oxytocin, I have not even had a single thought about what my cortisol levels are.

In the past, with Cortef, I am about 10.0 in the morning and the exact same in the evening for cortisol. That is middle of the range in the morning and above middle of the range in the evening. I wanted to be just a bit higher in the morning and it was often on my mind but my provider isn't comfortable giving me for than 20 mg in a day.

Whatever my cortisol is now, it must be good because I have all the energy I need and don't get tired. I finish workouts as strong as I started them.

I have seen what you posted before, but I don't think that has happened to me.

If it were counteracting the effect of cortisol, I don't think it would have all the benefits it reportedly has.

PS-edit-my blood pressure last week at a blood donation I thought they might deny me, was 120/77, pulse 88. This week my pulse was 80, I've never had that before that I know. My blood pressure is a bit lower if anything.

Bob

4. Nuclear

Nuclear Member

Sounds like something I could use.

5. xks201

xks201 Active Member

How much and from where?

6. 00slotiv

00slotiv Active Member

Doctor John was going to be using it, in fact, I have seen the prices (excellent) on the web site under medications. I have not heard of a roll out yet.

I pay 50.00 for 30 10 unit troches. That is a lot more than on this site.

Bob

7. JanSz

JanSz Active Member

My wife have many attractive home building traits.
    She is good housewife.
    Being retired she works real hard, babysitting my two grandchildren.

But,
    she is abrasive, no sex drive, not even hint on need for any cuddling.

She have not seen doctor in decades and there is no way to get her consider proper diet and other behavior changes that we discuss here.

----------------------------------
    With the way you feel and behave after oxytocin use,
    assuming that she would behave similarly,
    would she be more open to making diet changes, visiting doctor, using hormonal optimization, etc
    or
    she would just smile and be more relaxed (and pile up additional body fat over the extra 50# that she have now)?

8. 00slotiv

00slotiv Active Member

That is a good question JanSz. Since you are ultra health conscious, that could rub off on her but it hasn't. My beloved mother is much the same. As much as she has heard me ramble about hormone health, diet, sleep, exercise, etc...she shows no spark when it comes to these things. Now, she is 79 but I don't remember her even talking about healthy habits. At here age, it can catch up.

I asked for a prescription because I don't get touch, at all, unless I hug someone, and that's nice and all but you know...I reasoned that I must surely be deficient. There is no method of testing oxytocin levels as far as I have been able to determine. If oxytocin comes from touch, sex, intimacy among other ways, I must be deficient. I only know what I have experienced and that is a resounding positive effect.

I just got back from the gym and breezed through a 25 set back/shoulder workout and did my leg workout after that (I know, but sometimes you don't have some other time), and never had that intense feeling like I usually do. I guess I don't need it in order to push hard in the gym.

In the past my first reaction to someone using a machine I was ready for was to get upset since I didn't want to be slowed down. I always told them that if they weren't ready for it that I wanted to use it. If they were just sitting there, I suggested they let me use it. If they resisted, I pressed harder. Then they would roll their eyes and walk away, and I would bang out my reps. Kids usually.

In the last two months however, I don't feel any different about it but I just simply go out of order and get back to it. I have not been confrontational about it. That is just an example of how I think oxytocin has taken some of the edge off without having to tone down the intensity of what I am doing. Oh, I did take the oxytocin before going to the gym.

Bob

9. 00slotiv

00slotiv Active Member

I culled this from the existing patient medication list.

Oxytocin (Troche) 50 Units #30 (NDC 0703-6271-00)

Price

$85.00

Availability

Out-of-Stock

I paid 50.00 for 30 10 unit troches (7.5 40 mg troches they were kind enough to split into quarters for me). I would have to pay 250.00 for 30 pieces of 50 units. Ouch.

Bob

10. Wise Guy

Wise Guy Talking Monkey Staff Member Super Moderator

Fascinating. How much per day are you using (in terms of mg)?

11. 00slotiv

00slotiv Active Member

WiseMissingPerson,

It is dosed in units. I use 10 units which is a low dose. I suppose they might be produced in 30, 40, 50 unit scored troches for people who take the whole thing a half hour before having sex, and only use two or three a week, which could last a month.

For me I can't and won't pay more than 50.00 for the month of 10 units I get. These are making a noticeable difference so I really am not curious about increasing it and frankly, would have a hard time justifying it. I will tell my wonderful NP how much it has helped me so she isn't going to give me more anyway.

Just another example of her willingness to try different things if I think I can justify a need for it. This will also help her by knowing that it can help men, although I might be the only man she is writing it for.

See all that you are missing on the ATM board these days WG. It's a happening place baby.

Bob

12. Wise Guy

10 units per day once a day? So you get 40 unit ones and cut it in quarters, so one unit lasts 4 days correct?

So at 1/4 unit a day it runs you 50 bucks a month?

I am still around sir, thank you for noticing and asking. I lurk more than anything, unfortunately I don't have my cushy easy academic job anymore (the one I had my entire existence on this forum up until the last year), which allowed me tons of spare time to post on message boards.

No, nowadays I actually have to grit down and do work, so I don't have as much free time as I would like. I am going to start working from home more often, which will allow me some more free time do read and research more, which is a must for me.

13. 00slotiv

00slotiv Active Member

Then I hope this can be a good diversion for you. By the time you are the age of some of us WiseLaborer, you will be primed for the best of HRT.

I have been astounded lately how behind the times we are here in my midwest city. I get the impression I am an anabolic steroid abuser importing illegal meds from China, and having no reason whatsoever to use them, and a threat to society at any time. If and when you embark on HRT it will likely be more accepted.

Bob

14. Wise Guy

Thanks for the reply. Very interesting.

15. RobertD

RobertD Member

My math doesn't seem to make sense, what am I doing wrong? I know of a place online (same place I buy GHRP from) that sells injectable oxytocin in 5mg vials for $15 (less on sale). the conversion factor I found was 1mg = 500 IU. That would be 2500 IU, or 250 doses in a $15 5mg vial. that would be six cents per dose, so effectively free and your primary cost would be that of the $0.30 needle. I am not sure of the shelf life and half life in the body.

16. 00slotiv

00slotiv Active Member

I don't know RobertD. I could get injectable oxytocin in the form of pitocin for basically free but don't want to involve insurance and have to answer a lot of questions about it. Dosing it could be a challenge too so I went with the troches. You would have to consult with a pharmacist about how to dose it.

Bob

17. JanSz

JanSz Active Member

I am would rather supplement with Pregnenolone than with Cortef.

You should gain a lot by working on your Circadian Rhythm.

18. Wise Guy

Apples to oranges sir. Bobby is talking about troches - you are talking about injections. For many, the increased cost of troches is worth it for the convenience factor alone. At $50 bucks a month, myself, I would opt for troches, but then again, I'm not going to miss 50 bucks.

19. JanSz

JanSz Active Member

Now this may be evaluated for use by Alpo eating retired folks (like me).
    Rich folks are likely feeding their dogs with food better than Alpo, but that is OT.
    (Ha, Ha, Ha)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.drugs.com/vet/oxytocin-injection.html

Description
    Oxytocin injection is a sterile aqueous solution of highly purified oxytocic principle derived by synthesis or obtained from the posterior lobe of the pituitary gland of healthy domestic animals used for food by humans. Oxytocin injection contains 20 USP Units of oxytocin and less than 0.4 units of presser activity per mL. Each mL of sterile solution also contains 0.9% w/v sodium chloride, 0.5% w/v chlorobutanol (as a preservative), with water for injection q.s. and pH adjusted to 3.0 to 5.0 with acetic acid.
    ---------------------

Dr Heroghe, Hormone book, page 99

best value when Oxytocin is used sublingually (compounding pharmacy)
    social bonding-----(5-10)iu/day morning & evening
    Sexual-------------5iu/daily in morning plus (5-10)iu 2hrs before sex
    Fibromyalgia, autism, schizo------(5-40)iu/day in 2-3 divided doses (morning, lunch, evening)

medium value ------oral slow release (compounding pharmacy

-------------------------------------------------
    intranasal ------------------low value
    -------------------------------------------------

Subcutaneous--------high value----oxytocin (Syntocinon, 10iu vials)
    social------not indicated
    sexual-----(10-20)iu/day 2hr before sex
    Fibromyalgia, autism, schizo------(10-40)iu/day, 2x/day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    intravenous, (Syntocinon,)-----------high value (but only recomended for labor delivery

=====================

The question I have,
    veterinary is dirt cheap.

What it is there that do not fit humans?

chlorobutanol (as a preservative)

acetic acid

??????????/

20. JanSz

JanSz Active Member

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013