1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Anorgasmia and Tyrosine

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts from Dr. John' started by Dr. John Crisler, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Dr. John Crisler

Dr. John Crisler Lord of the Forum Staff Member Super Moderator

I am finding some success treating anorgasmia (inability to orgasm) with L-Tyrosine. This seems to be especially true for those who have been under long-term stress. Start with 500mg twice per day, but you may need to go to three times per day. Adding some B6 (common with commercial supplements) helps absorption.

2. SuckarMycket

SuckarMycket Member

Doesnt work for me :/ , im on 40mg B6 a day since late 2014 due to high homocystein and tried L-tyrosine but at best it helps a day or two then nothing.

3. radio3

radio3 New Member

Great to see a post on this topic. I've been stricken with low libido and anorgasmia for over 3 years, and the negative consequences to my life and relationships have been severe.

Dr. Crisler, can you say why you have gone the route of L-Tyrosine rather than DL-Phenaylalanine? I am under the impression that, though in principle they should both ultimately have the same effect, in practice a lot of people respond better to the latter. I am curious if you have tried both.

4. Wise Guy

Wise Guy Talking Monkey Staff Member Super Moderator

Interesting. L-Tyrosine btw is best taken on an empty of stomach/or an all carb/fat meal (no protein) as possible, as those pesky amino acids like to compete with each other for absorption

A nice ancillary effect of Tyrosine is that it's a great nootropic, as it increases levels of dopamine and norephinepherine (probably one of the mechanisms in which it helps with what the Doc is talking about). Lots of athletes super dose Tyrosine before events.

And radio3, if you want the best form, the gym rats online all swear by N acetyl L Tyrosine as having the best absorption. Take that for what it is worth, but it is worth noting that the more popular, exotic high grade nootropic supplements also seem to prefer that compound over regular L Tyrosine.

5. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member

Have anybody had experience with Methylene Blue?

6. Dr. John Crisler

Dr. John Crisler Lord of the Forum Staff Member Super Moderator

I don't know anything about it.
    Anyone?

7. D@M@N

D@M@N New Member

I wish dr. Crisler

Could write us about premature ejaculation

Brando and me are terrible in that sense hahahahha