1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Question Anyone have a home urinal fixture in the bath?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by 53lowt, Sep 11, 2016.

1. 53lowt

53lowt Member

No I do not mean a hand held bottle to pee in. I am getting tired of cleaning up from the missed bowl.and thinking of installing a urinal and I don't mean at ankle height. anyone done this at home? cost? would you do it again? Or is it yet another cleaning/plumbing nightmare that is more trouble than help?

Thanks for any input.

2. QuestionMan

QuestionMan New Member

There are water-free ones that run only a few hundred bucks. Issue might be space more than anything else, plust cost of labor for a plumber.

Haven't done thus but it's not unheard of in residential settings.

3. Bulldog

Bulldog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

A friend of mine installed one in his "man cave" bathroom thinking it would be less cleaning (and cool since it was in the man cave bathroom). He found that it needed cleaned just as frequently or more, otherwise it would smell like urine. He said if he could go back in time he would not install it again. That said, I don't know exactly what kind of setup he had because I never saw it..

4. QuestionMan

QuestionMan New Member

There ate toulet-urinal combinations you can google. Less space and you can reuse existing plumbing. I think they're pricey though.

Might as well just aim where you shoot and clean up if you miss. ;)

Or if you're really lazy, there are plastic add-odds that sit on top of the toilet to convert it into a urinal... for kids. :) They're removal for #2.

5. Robert Manziel

Robert Manziel New Member

Installing urinal might be good. It also conserves water, there are urinals that does not need water.