1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum! Please be sure you bookmark our new address. Also, please sign up and join the conversations. It's free!

Been a while...

Discussion in 'Post-Finasteride Syndrome & Accutane Sufferers' started by Matty, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Matty

Matty Member

How is everyone doing on here?

Anyone found a silver bullet yet? I've gone away tried a million things to no avail... every time I think I've found a breakthrough the positives last a few days and then its back to square one.

Liver flushes (done about 10) have helped my overall health immensely I can't speak enough about them.

However my sexual sides are still terrible. not on T replacement anymore as it didn't seem to help. Tried a lot of testosterone boosters as well, which were basically the same result.

I can't help but think that the root of our problem is the 5ARI piece. We can have as much Testosterone as we want but without DHT, we're pretty useless. I take a known 5ARI (Zinc) for example and my existing problem becomes 10x worse.

My latest attempt is with Sorghum after visiting propeciahelp. Its still early but seems to be helping some. I wish someone would come out with something that would essentially reverse whatever 5ARI damage was done. It's tough to find something that will work to increase DHT, everyone is looking to decrease it.

Peace out all, good luck in your endeavors.

2. moonman

moonman Member

woods364 likes this.
  3. Matty

Matty Member

Moonman I can't thank you enough for posting that really. It's wonderful to even think about a potential working theory out there. And it looks like a lot of effort has gone in. I will read this 10x over and no doubt be in touch.

I have spent the last 10 years of my life devoted to this without much in the way of return. If anything it's a glimmer of hope so thank you again!

4. radio3

radio3 New Member

Hi moonman, can you elaborate on what you mean by "within 6 months we will know for sure if this is correct or not"? Do you mean that there is a big study going on and that the results will be published soon?

Do you know anything about what the chances are that a "cure" will be available once the mechanism of the problem is finally identified? If this theory has been out there for many years already, I wonder why people haven't found ways of tackling the problem already.

5. moonman

moonman Member

There will be at least 2 major studies released within 6 months that are trying to find the MOA of PFS. If/once we establish this, we can pinpoint a way to treat it and our chances of a cure rise astronomically.

6. radio3

radio3 New Member

You really feel very confident that these studies have figured out what PFS is? Even if they have, won't we still need to wait 15 years or something before a medication is available?

Just wondering what exactly it is that we will have in terms of actionable cure when these studies are published. It sounds almost like you think the studies will give us "the solution". Are you really that optimistic? If so, I am curious what exactly your reasons are.

7. bb121

bb121 New Member

Moonman,
    Can you share which two studies you are referring to above? Maybe post a link so we can see their objectives in each study and who is doing them.

8. bb121

bb121 New Member

Matty,
    Is Sorghum still helping? If not, when it was, how much were you taking daily and how long did it last for?
    bb

9. clubdeac

clubdeac New Member