1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Blood Test Hormone Panel Interpretation

Discussion in 'Post-Finasteride Syndrome & Accutane Sufferers' started by Weltschmerz47, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Weltschmerz47

Weltschmerz47 New Member

Hello.. new here. Usually post over on the acne forum under the same name. I've just read a lot of helpful threads on here so was wondering if I could get some of your guys' input. I'm having trouble understanding how I few of these different hormones interact (e.g., is my testosterone actually low, since my SHBG is also very low?). I would very much appreciate any interpretation you all can provide, in addition to simply contributing to all the data out there from people like us.

Short background: I took 120mg accutane/day for 5 months and ended 14 months ago when I was having sex and became limp while switching positions. That is, that's when I noticed something was wrong and immediately stopped taking accutane in case it was the culprit; i later found out this was a very good decision. Since then has been hell - notably, no libido, no spontaneous erections, if I get an erection it's not very full, general fatigue and malaise, anxiety, crippling brain fog (had to drop out of an Ivy League), and muscle soreness.

If you guys could help me interpret what all this means I would very much appreciate it. Side note - something that's weird and doesn't make sense with my hormone levels at all is that I actually do resistance training 4-5 times a week for a couple hours and most would consider me pretty big and muscular. My musculature and strength levels have definitely responded pretty well to strength training.

This lab has some weird ranges.. DHT is definitely low, for ex.: (21 y.o. Male)
    DHT LC/MS/MS - 20 Range: 16-79
    DHT, Free - 2.10 Range: 1.00-6.20
    FSH - <0.7 Range: 1.6-8.0
    LH - 3.0 Range: 1.5-9.3 (This has gone up.. right after accutane it was 1.1)
    Progesterone - <0.5 Range: <1.4
    Test. Total - 389 Range: 250-827
    Estradiol - 25 Range: <39
    Sex Hormone Binding Globulin - 13 Range: 10-50

2. Weltschmerz47

Weltschmerz47 New Member