1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Changes to my diet

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by bgnb, Sep 12, 2015.

1. bgnb

bgnb Active Member

Let me start with this ... in the past three years there have been four deaths in my immediate family. I have not dealt with this well and stopped exercising and starting eating garbage. Ironically, my 'weight' on a 6'3" frame has remained steady at 230 lbs, but I look like a pregnant stick figure (i'm turning 55 soon).

I am on T (8 pumps androgel), hcg (250 x 3 days/week) 120 mgs of dessicated thyroid, 0.25 mgs of Arimidex 3 days a week (usually less).

The major change to diet (started this week) has been to cut out anything with gluten/wheat. I only drink water and coffee (3 small cups in the morning before 11 a.m. then its just water the rest of the day).

I am eating more cheese, nuts (almonds/walnuts), meat, eggs, fish, and some fruit (mainly apples) and veggies (mainly leafy greens).

And I feel like absolute crap. I don't think I felt this bad sitting on the couch eating donuts. But my health has taken a real turn for the worse and I realize that I need to change my eating habits but this change has not had the desired effect.

First symptom is like a low grade fever with headache -- I seldom get headaches.
    Second is absolutely zero energy.
    Third is hunger ... stomach growling, salivating, feel nauseous until I eat something. And I'm eating more now than when I was eating garbage.

Getting blood tests done in the next week ... will have a better picture of hormonal and other health then.

I'm just wondering if I'm missing something here -- diet? Supplements? ?????

2. hebsie

hebsie Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

...this was just posted over at MDA. It seems fitting for you right now --> Hunger

bgnb likes this.
  3. Captain

Captain Member

It sounds like withdrawal symptoms to me. I would probably cut out the apples. If you can get your Dr. to give you some vyvanse it will help with the hunger but I don't know if you can take vyvanse and desiccated thyroid together. After the withdrawal passes you will feel worse than you do now when you eat that garbage again. A McDonalds shake with a krispy kreme donut and you may blow your toilet off the flange.