1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Concept2 Rower

Discussion in 'Physical Fitness & Weight Training' started by Bulldog, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I'm considering getting a Concept 2 Model D rower to increase my Cardio exercise. I know they're are other brands available but the Concept 2 seems to be the most durable from the reviews I have read. I'm curious if anyone else here has a rower, and if so, what kind. As well as what the good and bad is about whatever brand you may have.

Thanks!

2. Bulldog

No one has a rower? [confused]

3. torrential

torrential Member

I use one these at the gym but have not considered buying one. In my experience this is the go-to brand for gyms and crews all over the U.S.

Bulldog likes this.
  4. hebsie

hebsie Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

...I find them extremely boring and they really hurt my lower back.

5. Bulldog

I went ahead and bought a Concept2 Model D rower. It arrived the other day and I've used it 3 times so far. I find it much more enjoyable than a treadmill or elliptical machine for cardio exercise. I also downloaded a trial version of Digital Rowing's RowPro software, a computer program for setting up training programs and tracking your training that only works with a Concept2 rower. I used the software twice and it's pretty cool. It will help you setup training programs for just rowing or if you are combining the rowing with other fitness training, so that you get the right amount of rowing into your training to meet your goals. The Concept2 rower came with a code for a 30% discount on the software so I went ahead and bought the software (normally $99 but only $69 and some change with the discount code).

6. PSD-1

PSD-1 New Member

Love the Concept 2 rower! One can experience the best of aerobic and anaerobic.

Bulldog likes this.
  7. Eian Mcneely

Eian Mcneely Member

Planning to buy one for my friend can you share the discount code [snaphappy]

8. Bulldog

It ended up being the same code that they were offering right on their website, and they always have a discount code on the main web page. Today it is showing a 25% discount code.