1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Do you guys drink a lot of tea?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by wwally, Jul 2, 2013.

1. wwally

wwally Banned

I used to like green tea, then I read it's high in fluoride, just like black tea.
    So I stopped green tea. Then I discovered rooibos tea, it's said to have many health benefits, too, so
    I was happy. Then I read that rooibos is also high in fluoride.
    I'm afraid that all teas in general contain fluoride. What now? No tea at all because of fluoride?

I wonder if coffee also contains fluoride. Oh my, I don't even want to know. :crying:

2. Testosterone

Testosterone Member

I believe it has to do with where the plant is grown.

Camellia sensnsis (the traditional tea plant) tends to bioaccumulate fluroide. The regions where most tea is grown tend to be heavily polluted and high levels of fluoride are part of the soil contaminants

3. Johnathan J. Rains

Johnathan J. Rains New Member

Ewww. I never knew that. I drink green tea daily as I thought that it will delay the aging process.

4. 7at7

7at7 New Member

love green tea but keep it to occasional use because flouride reasons. stick to herbal teas. and of course black coffee.

5. thx

thx Member

IF you like green tea, perhaps you could grow your own? I have a high-walled vegetable garden and could grow anything. Anything.

6. nhuem

nhuem Banned

I drink green tea every morning in my breafast with a paparoti and some fruit. I think it is good for my health

7. clubdeac

clubdeac New Member

What's the matter with fluoride? They added it to drinking water for dental health. Why is it bad?

8. marvin

marvin Member

Fluoride is a thyroid-iodine antagonist. Also apparently drinking substantial amounts of tea causes low iron.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  9. Eian Mcneely

Eian Mcneely New Member

I prefer herbal tea, over normal ones. Floride is present even in our drinking water, note that there’s suggestive evidence of risk when total intake exceeds 6 mg/day.