1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum! Please be sure you bookmark our new address. Also, please register and join the conversations. It's free!

Does TRT shrink your penis?

Discussion in 'Male Health & HRT' started by mhr4, Dec 17, 2010.

1. mhr4

mhr4 New Member

Hey Guys,

I swear that since going on TRT, my penis has shrunk. Is this just my imagination or is this a cause of TRT. If it is from TRT, is there anything that can be done to remedy this?

Thanks.

2. Shootist

Shootist New Member

My wife thinks TRT has had the opposite effect. Not anything "special" but noticable none the less.

3. cpeil2

cpeil2 Active Member

Think E2 management.

4. Bulldog

Bulldog Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Yep.

5. Bulldog

I know Dr. John has posted somewhere that TRT can be used to make your johnson larger. However, he did not give any details.

6. Suffering

Suffering Banned

I cant see that happening in men who were previously normal and wnat through a normal pubery.

However from my ltd knowledege i would guess this is a case of men who have not gone through a proper puberty.

7. DragonRider

DragonRider New Member

Consider the fact that starting puberty and the resulting rise in testoserone and DHT is what causes it to grow in the first place and it would be easy to imagine that it has to be something other than TRT.

As stated above, I would suspect estrogen first also.

8. cpeil2

cpeil2 Active Member

I don't think it actually shrinks. It just tends to stay shriveled, along with your scrotum, the way they do when you have been outside in the cold. When you get the hormones tuned right your genitals just relax, fill out and hang freely. Yes, they appear bigger, but not because they have actually grown. They're just filled with blood and hanging loose, they way they should in most circumstances.

Of course your genitals also shrivel when you're frightened or extremely stressed, which might suggest something going on w/ cortisol.

9. Technophile

Technophile New Member

I doubt your erect size has changed, but your flaccid could certainly vary with changing hormones.

I went on a trial of TRT a couple of months ago. By the third day I was sure my balls were shrinking. By the fifth I thought my penis was too. But a quick pull and visual measure reassured me that the problem was merely retraction. It was only the flaccid penis that was shrunken and shriveled. There was no change in the underlying structure.

10. Suffering

Suffering Banned

DHT is what causes it to hang i was told, i suppose TRt should make it hang better.

11. cpeil2

cpeil2 Active Member

Having DHT,T and estrogen(s) properly tuned is what makes it hang.

12. mhr4

mhr4 New Member

Well, I noticed that it just doesn't get as "full" as it used to. So, this probably makes it look smaller when I'm erect. Probably due to estrogen dominance which I'm working on right now. Thanks for the responses.

13. Bulldog

I believe if your E2 is too low you can have the same problem.

14. seekonk

seekonk Active Member

I found the opposite. TRT would make me hang super large.

I did notice a bit of what you describe only the first week or so. What did the trick for me must have been that either my body adapted or it may have been the addition of arimidex that helped. Probably mostly the latter.

15. GirlyMan

GirlyMan New Member

Sometimes my flaccid dangle is like a 1/2". Other times it's like 4". TRT hasn't changed that at all. Never thought much about it other than to joke about it with my 3 sons who've noticed the same thing.