1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Dr. Neal Rouzier - Estrogen In Men: Good, Bad Or Indifferent?

Discussion in 'Male Health & HRT' started by Bulldog, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Bob45

Bob45 Member

Very sorry to hear of Dr. Johns passing. Also very worried about finding proper health care once again.
    Before Dr. John I had severe prostate issues. I had low normal T levels and high normal E2.
    My prostate was larger than normal. Had hard spots. I had to try to pass urine constantly and never felt empty. I was able to get T therapy but never able to get my E2 lowered by anyone local. Increasing T alone did nothing for my problem.
    I had laser surgery back in 2007. Horrible experience. Peed blood and clots afterward. It helped short term for bathroom visits. Then the same problem returned.
    Then I found Dr. John. With the proper ratio of T and E2 for myself. Which is different from others I slowly returned to normal and still am to this day.
    Prostate is small. No hard spots. Urination is normal and no struggle to get started or empty. Reading this thread now has me very worried. I have not posted in years. Had no problem for years. That may change once again. Sucks! BTW I am now 60.

2. Katzenjammer

Katzenjammer Active Member

Hi Bob, keep close and we'll figure this out.

Bulldog likes this.
  3. wondering

wondering Active Member

Did you get the email from the office on 2 proposed alternate providers?

4. BadassBlues

BadassBlues Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Rouzer has been at this for a long time. His was the very first book I ever read on the subject of hormones. That was many years ago...

Katzenjammer likes this.
  5. pmgamer18

pmgamer18 Prince of the Forums

wondering,

After many yrs. on E2 meds and needing a lot to keep levels good. My Dr. and I found keeping my levels around 30 is where I do my best.

I am 74 yrs. old now and some yrs. ago I had heart by pass surgery I did not have a heart attack just bad heart burn. The stress test was good but doing a 2 bit scan showed two 98% blockages and the 3rd. artery feeding my heart was defected from birth. All this was not due to hormones.

One needs to find the level of E2 that makes you feel best and keep it there. I need to take 4 pills of Aromasin / day to keep my E2 in check.

6. Sharpman28

Sharpman28 Member

Phil I remember you taking progesterone and having low levels e2 with great erections. Maybe you should start taking progesterone again and slowly reduce your aromasin dosage.

Progesterone is a vital hormone with many important functions.

What is your progesterone level?

7. pmgamer18

Sharpman28,

Are sure you have the right guy here I have never taken Progesterone in my life and have told men not to take it.

8. Sharpman28

Sharpman28 Member

9. pmgamer18

Sharpman28,

I am sorry about this forgot about it's been a long time and a lot has happened to me. After being put in a coma after my heart surgery for 14 weeks my memory is not great.

10. wondering

wondering Active Member

Pretty sure his reply says he took Pregnenolone, not Progesterone?

11. Sharpman28

Sharpman28 Member

No problem. Hope you are doing well nowadays.

Read his message more clearly. I also remember from another thread that Phil commented on how he accidentaly ordered progesterone cream instead of preg cream. His erections became great but he got hot flashes and too low e2.

12. BadassBlues

BadassBlues Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Regardless gent's...

Phil has been through more troubles than many of us and has shared his insights for no other reason than to help another guy out. I'll give him a pass if he doesn't recall a blip in time when he tried something new.

As to that, you are both seasoned vets and understand that an individual persons mileage may vary greatly. I say this because we are not the only one's to read this thread and it's important for the ones who read, but not comment, to understand that concept.

Infinite variables...

One thing that Dr. Crisler always spoke of was the fluctuation of hormones. Anything new will cause a fluctuation, sometimes positive, sometimes not... As things "pass through", who knows what they trigger? In Phil's case, it was a brief increase in erectile function. There is science to explain that.

Each of us has a unique genetic set point, one man's wine is another man's poison...

Katzenjammer and Bulldog like this.
  13. pmgamer18

I seen my Dr. Stevens yesterday and told him about Dr. John dying he knows Dr. John sends men to see him and Dr. John does the same. He was shocked to hear this.

Now about testing Estradiol we test it but don't always go by then. On my lest set of labs we did the E2 sanative test and always it came back low below normal. Yet doing the reg E2 test it comes back high above normal.

So WTF can one due we go by how I am feeling and if I am still getting good wood in my sleep.

I have seen other men with the same results and they have had a hard time getting leveled. I say don't just go by E2 labs one thing that stops when my levels are off is my morning wood and having feels of panic.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  14. Katzenjammer

Katzenjammer Active Member

Exactly. If nothing else, Dr. Crisler was always exceedingly humble when it came to our knowledge about endocrine systems/hormones. Which in more ways than one, is really saying something.

"Infinite variables" indeed: each person's hormonal "fingerprint" is unique; and moreover, that person's needs/system change over time, and when you alter/introduce one element in the "system", the one thing you CAN expect are changes/feedback loops elsewhere, etc. As Dr. Crisler used to say, nothing in the endocrine system is purely linear. And it's dogmatically linear thinking that gets us in trouble.

All of which to say, I really do hope this forum stays open and alive; as it's one of the very few places I'd hope a newbie would turn up with questions.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  15. pmgamer18

Ok a little history back in the day many yrs. ago there was only one Estradiol out and this is what men had to go by.

Then the new sanative Estradiol test came out and it did not work right showed men to low most of the time. Doing this test and lowing or stopping there E2 meds messed them up big time.

It took a long time to get this new test working right so I have not used it because even doing both tests the reg. test showed me good and the sensitive showed me very low.

I don't continuously keep my E2 at 3.1 this was the result of my last test doing the sensitive E2 test after not using it for many yrs.

I lowered my dose from 4 pills a day to 2. I am not going on less pills until my next test it is just nuts to make big changes on just one lab.

So far I feel the same not to low or to high And I am only doing because my Dr. told me to do this.