1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Greetings and salutations

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Scott, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Scott

Scott New Member

Recently turned 57, male; been on TRT for a little over 2 years after the T test I had done came back with me at 225 ng/dL - so my doc and I started with patches (waste of time) then migrated to IM injections of Test-C. As I did more reading about TRT I began to realize that my doc and I hadn't done "due diligence" (no baseline testing for anything else) he was worried when my hemoglobin and hematocrit went up and then based on info I'd gleaned I suggested that this might be "expected"; I asked for an E2 test and the results came back at 140 pg/mL - this had him (and myself) concerned, so I suggested possibly an AI; he contacted his endocrinologist who's only response was "take him off the T" - as I'd been starting to feel the benefits of having my T level back up in the 500-800 range (for about 6 months at this point) I didn't want to go this route so I found an AI source and amazingly my E2 level dropped back down to 25 pg/mL.

For myself, I eventually found that switching to SubQ injections did the trick for my E2 levels, and no more quad muscle soreness; so I left things alone.

Lately I've been reading more on proper TRT protocols and I approached him about adding HCG into the mix (the bad boys went into hiding) and restarted the "what if I need an AI" discussion.

My doc won't or cannot prescribe an AI (or one of the possible SERMs) if I do need one and totally refuses to talk to me about HCG. His endocrinologist keeps saying "take him off the T" - but won't even talk about trying to reverse the effects of being on T replacement (which I'm pretty certain I should worry about).

So, I'm hoping to learn a lot here.

2. BadassBlues

BadassBlues Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to ATM Scott