1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Thanks Have the Guys Lost Interest in Supporting the Forum?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Dr. John Crisler, Jun 20, 2008.

1. BigAk

BigAk Member

Now if only I could get my body to remember how it used to produce testosterone in higher quantity and to start doing so once more, I would be a happy camper... heheheh

2. BigAk

BigAk Member

Re: Totally weighty and even cliched questions, but which still puzzle me:

Been meaning to thank you for the compliment anyman... Lemme do so before I forget... Thank you. I really appreciate it... :D

3. 00slotiv

00slotiv Active Member

Big Ak,

Here are some of the many proofs of Jesus' deity as taught throughout the Bible.

http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/jesus-is-god.htm Page 1

http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/jesus-is-god-2.htm Page 2

Just several excerpts:

Paul’s understanding as an apostle and leader of the church
    Colossians 1:15-16; 2:9: “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. . . . For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form. . .”

And in Titus 2:13-14 Paul refers to him as “our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us. . .”

Thomas’ response to the resurrected Jesus
    John 20:27-29: “Then He said to Thomas, ‘Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.’ Thomas said to him, ‘My Lord and my God!’ Then Jesus told him, ‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.’"---Jesus' mother Mary called him her Saviour, by the way, in another place.

Another of Jesus’ claims of deity **************
    John 10:30-33: “‘I and the Father are one.’ Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, ‘I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?’ ‘We are not stoning you for any of these,’ replied the Jews, ‘but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.’”

It couldn’t be clearer than it is here: Jesus’ highly educated listeners understood His claim of deity. They only had two possible responses: to humble themselves and bow before Him as the Magi and the disciples had done earlier, or reject His claim and judge Him as a blasphemer. Unfortunately they chose the latter option. But notice that Jesus doesn’t argue with their accusation, because it was accurate. He really was claiming to be God!

He has been alive for eternity, yet was born in human form, from a virgin, lived a sinless life, created all things for himself, sustains all things, has all authority in heaven and earth, will destroy the universe and recreate it, ever lives to make intercession for his people. He's a busy guy. This is also someone I want on my side.

Christianity: Not Religion – A Relationship
    Christianity is not really a religion; it is a relationship with God. It is trusting in Jesus and what He did on the cross for you (1 Corinthians 15:1-4), not on what you can do for yourself (Ephesians 2:8-9). Christianity is not about ornate buildings, flamboyant preachers, or traditional rituals. Christianity is about truly accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Jesus is the true Life Extention doctor. He can write a prescription for eternal life and he will pick up the cost. Millions have asked for his help already, and trust him because of his eternal experience in the field. His treatment program begins working instantly.

Many who live where he lives haven't been sick, or cried or experienced any pain for thousands of years and every disease they ever had is gone. Their bodies and minds operate at the highest level. They are finally who they were always meant to be.

He is the doctor that will take care of us and always knows more than we do, so we'll never have to keep looking for another Life Extention doctor, and there are some false ones out there, Doctor devil being one of them who would only love to lead us astray.

More information can be obtained about the Author of Life in a book he wrote called the Bible, which contains many success stories from his Life Extention patients. This Life Extention manual has sold more copies than any other book in history, in more languages and that isn't going to change any time soon.

He is available through prayer only at this time, and says if we seek him earnestly we will certainly find him. Despite having millions of patients, there is always room for one more and his office visits can last as long as you like and can take place in the comfort of your own home. He is a great listener and will know what you want and need before you even ask. The ultimate Anti-aging doctor he is.

Okay, before I go, I have to add that belief in God is not a mindless endeavor. Meditation on things like how God has given us from the earth everything we have to live by is mind-boggling to me. All materials from the earth for all things we use every day-plastic, rubber, wood, metal, etc..., fuel, oxygen, food, all technology, eye sight, all the skills to extract all this and make it work, how the universe hold together, who lives and dies and when, and so on and so forth. My mind starts to overheat.

That is some of why I claim that when it comes to athiesm, I don't have that kind (amount) of faith, because to the mind and eye it should be obvious there is a God. The Bible tells us who it is. The Bible even says that the fool (insane person) says there is no God, because with the superabundance of evidence, the rational mind must know God exists-see Romans 1:20.

Nontheless, the Bible talks about child like faith too. Again, no contradiction, just the opportunity to search it out.

So you see, the quest for God is anti-aging, life-extention oriented, so thanks for letting this thread live on. :)

Bob

4. GirlyMan

GirlyMan New Member

Re: Totally weighty and even cliched questions, but which still puzzle me:

You and me both. All I can do is just keep laughing 'cause it's all funny (in every sense of the word).

5. GirlyMan

GirlyMan New Member

Big Ak,

What's your view on John the Baptist, PBU or not?

Thanks,
    Robert

6. Joejoebaggins

Joejoebaggins New Member

Conversations like these aren't too fun when endless scripture is involved.

The scripture in this thread might as well be any of the thousands upon thousands of "holy texts" that we have on hand.

It's not like in the 3rd century we figured out that the biblical god was real and zeus was just a myth.

Atheism is not a religion just like not collecting stamps is not a hobby.

7. GirlyMan

GirlyMan New Member

Wise words.

8. anyman

anyman New Member

Re: Recent posts again got my wondering & thinking about a debate I had long ago.

I can believe in "one God". It's organized religion that loses me. Too erratic, too complicated, too inconsistent and too influenced by selfish and opportunity seeking humans.

I'll go with the "one God" for now. The rest I shall still search for.

9. pmgamer18

pmgamer18 Prince of the Forums

Re: Recent posts again got my wondering & thinking about a debate I had long ago.

I hear hear you and second that. I believe in God and pay to him but you will not see me in any Organized Religion to me this is Man using God for there use.

10. Bulldog

Bulldog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The only reason I go to church is to surround myself with like minded believers. Other than that it serves no purpose to me because my relationship with God is a personal one. But I do think it is important to surround yourself with other people who have the same beliefs.

11. BigAk

BigAk Member

Congratulations my man... You have reached your destination.. This is exactly what your instincts dictates. You were born on that. I am truely happpy to read this. :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  12. anyman

anyman New Member

I try, AK. Too bad others in the world can't mimic us here.

Here we have been able to debate, discuss and express doubt -- acts that in some parts of the world and over history would have gotten a good number of us in deep trouble or worse. If only people would be content to let others be.... Even now, in the eyes of many around the world my belief in "one God" would not be enough. This is why organized religion and I don't see eye to eye all that often.

I'll keep searching and wondering if God has a plan for me--and all of us. Now, if I could only figure out WHY I've been given an intractable case of low T/hormone issues I'd be getting somewhere!

13. BigAk

BigAk Member

Re: I try, AK. Too bad others in the world can't mimic us here.

Actually anyman, with your belief in "one God" you are eye to eye with Islam .. This is what the basis of Islam is; to believe and submit to only One God; the Creator of all, and to associate NO partners with Him. And; Islam is an organized religion. Read:

"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him."
    AL-IKHLAS (SINCERITY) (112.001 - 112.004) Noble Qur'an.

Allah is the arabic word for God... When I use the word "Allah" I don't mean to refer to a different God from the One You refer to above in your quote.

14. BigAk

BigAk Member

Re: I try, AK. Too bad others in the world can't mimic us here.

Be patient anyman... I have no doubt in my mind that in His own wisdom, He designated a reason for your intractable case of low T issue. It has just not been revealed to you yet. Now that you have declared your belief in His existance, why don't you draw a dialog with Him and ask Him to show you at least a glimse of His plan.. Talk to Him like you talk to your friend. Be alone with Him and do so on your own... Talk to Him outloud... It may sound strange to you at first. But, believe me, if you do so, He will respond... If not, immediately, soon sfterwards... Don't redicule me yet.... Just try it. It has worked for me and it will work for you. After all, He looks at your heart and sees and hears what you do and say.... There's not a shadow of doubt in my mind about this. I have drawn this strong belief from my own experience... This is not just talk.

"And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way. "
    Holy Qur'an 002.186

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  15. BigAk

BigAk Member

Dont' worry about being associated with organized religions and don't worry about the people associated with them. There are bad apples in every nation, tribe and people who ruin the reputation of their good brothers in the name of religion while in reality; religion is innocent of their bad actions. Your relationship with God alone is your own business and He is the one who sees you and knows your heart.

16. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member

Where are GirlyMan and BigAk and others, to discuss what is happening now.
    This was memorable thread, glad I was able to find it again.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  17. Chodecabode

Chodecabode New Member

Running a forum isn't expensive. With all the money made from the treatment center, can't even host a web-forum without donations?

18. BadassBlues

BadassBlues Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

This thread was started in 2008 and revived by JanSz for the reason of re connecting with past forum members. In 2008 the cost of running a forum was around $300.00 a month and members had the "option" of donating. We no longer have that option available. You are not being asked to donate.

Bulldog likes this.
  19. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member

20. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member