1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum! Please be sure you bookmark our new address. Also, please register and join the conversations. It's free!

HCG/TRT and ejaculate volume

Discussion in 'Male Health & HRT' started by LeanGuy, Jan 2, 2010.

1. LeanGuy

LeanGuy New Member

Happy New Year guys! This is a serious question...

I've been on HCG (plus a little T gel) for about a year now. My levels are stable at the top of range, DHT is mid-range, and E2 is optimal (with a little arimidex). My ejaculate volume seems to be half of what it used to be, and I rarely feel the "need for release". Is this a common side effect from diminished FSH levels due to HCG/TRT? With E2 in check via arimidex it seems like the feedback loop shouldn't be totally shut down. I've read about HMG but the cost is sky-high. Anything else I can do to "pump up the volume"?

2. thelordhumungus

thelordhumungus New Member

FSH stimulates the maturation of sperm in the testes correct? Sperm makes up a very small percentage of total ejaculate volume.

I've had a vasectomy and I haven't noticed a major difference in ejaculate volume before and after. With a vasectomy the sperm never makes it to the ejaculate so I would imagine it emulates low FSH ejaculate content.

3. LeanGuy

LeanGuy New Member

So FSH has nothing to do with semen production? What controls this?

4. Bulldog

Bulldog Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

I have noticed a decrease since starting HRT 4 months ago. It is about half the volume and much thicker. I'm wondering if the mild BPH I have acquired since starting HRT is to blame for my problem.

5. Tuberous

Tuberous New Member

why do you care?

are you trying to make a baby?

How would you know, unless you were doing a formal lab test, into a cup, and measuring accurately?

"normal" is 2-5ml. It takes about 40 hrs on average to "re-load"...i.e. for the glands that produce the semen to re-fill after emptying. (prostate, seminal vesicles, etc).

being properly hydrated applies, too...as does time between ejaculations.

6. brandO

brandO Active Member

What does really thick semen mean?

7. LeanGuy

LeanGuy New Member

Wife noticed, that's enough for me to be care. It also seems to affect length of orgasm and need for release, which I already mentioned. I'm still trying to get my full libido back, since getting my T levels back to the top.

8. EIC

EIC New Member

Organism intensity and length appears to be connected to ejaculate volume. The "waves" or orgasm coincident with bursts in ejaculate (at least in me). Weak ejaculate results in poor orgasms.

Good point. Thick ejaculate is often a sign of dehydration. I noticed that my volume increased significantly after upping my water intake.

9. living2die

living2die New Member

On HCG monotherapy, I experience both greater volume as well as CRAZY INSANE THICKNESS...IT HAS THE CONSISTANCY OF A SPIDER WEB

10. Bulldog

Bulldog Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

One thing I have noticed is that since my BPH has gone away (quite a few weeks now) it is no longer really thick like it was. Volume has also increased back to about where it was prior to TRT.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  11. Matty

Matty New Member

Honestly folks I'm really starting to think its because the FSH isn't there anymore. Same issue here... HCG is only (a little over) half of the equation. :)

I really wish HMG wasn't so damn expensive, who in their right mind can afford it?? Seriously... how is it that HCG is affordable but HMG is not even close.

12. seekonk

seekonk Active Member

How do you know that E2 is necessarily optimal for you?

For example, I seemed to hit a spot of incredible libido and need for immediate release OR ELSE SOMEONE IS GOING TO GET HURT a couple of times with the use of arimidex when my E2 went, as far as I can tell, quite a bit away from what is usually considered optimal. When E2 tested 22 (close to "optimal") I felt like crap. Still trying to find that sweet spot reliably...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  13. may19th2001

may19th2001 New Member

Should be good ejaculation with TRT with HCG added anyway better than without it by a long ways depending on how long you have been on HRT.

14. cumkwakka

cumkwakka Active Member

the hcg is seriously increasing my load i am only on 2 months, but at 350 ius my g/f is commenting i have sick loads

i hope this doesn't diminish in time

15. Dadoo

Dadoo New Member

That's cool! But is the load also bigger on the days when you don't inject hCG? Or are they only bigger on those 2 `HCG days before T injection?

16. GeoBob

GeoBob New Member

Very interesting thread guys, not many places you can discuss this subject. I also noticed a decrease in volume on TRT but a significant increase after HCG. I have noticed more volume at times but have not figured out what causes it. I suspect water intake could be it but I have not monitored it closely. I have also noticed weak orgasims and stronger ones that I'm thinking are E2 related.

I am also interested to see if anyone else here feels their E2 sweet spot is something other than 22. I'm still looking for mine. I have felt like I was there in the past but I don't think my level was ever at 22 or lower. I finally went up to 1.5mg EOD for two weeks and think I went low but still not sure. Lost good morning wood so figured I must have finnally gone low. It's been about a week of no Arimidex and I'm still waiting for good morning wood. Have not noticed any other significant problems and actually I bench press more than I ever have last week. That might be due to the higher free t from lower E2 but I'm only guessing.

I have recently changed to EOD t shot and hcg with AI in between. Can anyone comment on this schedule. I believe I can feel a more steady T level but I'm not sure.

17. n00bs

n00bs New Member

I noticed for the last 8 months or so levels have diminsihed at one stage 8 months ago i was at 102kg and all my lfits were increasing my strength was awsome and my load i could actually shoot quite far and was so much.. That all dissapeared.

Now on trt 1 month and it is like a couple of dorps no orgasm it feels like it wasnt even worth the effort...

I want to start hcg to fix this because it osunds like it has good effects.

18. cumkwakka

cumkwakka Active Member

yeah it last a couple days

i don't do injections of t yet have to wait for blood results, unfortunately taking longer than expected

i do think that if i take hcg two days after each other, the effect is "cum"ulative

19. Dadoo

Dadoo New Member

hahahaaaaa===))))))))):cheers2:

20. pmgamer18

pmgamer18 Prince of the Forums

The sweet spot is a diff. level for each man if your SHBG is low you can keep your E2 levels lower. My SHBG is 20 my levels hitting the sweet spot that morning were 16 pg/ml.

With the amount of Arimidex you did you could take a few weeks to come back up. And the longer your to low the longer it will take to get back up. After a time on Arimidex you can get good at telling if your going to low or up to high. I adjust by my night time wood and how I feel my dose of Arimidex is never the same from month to month.