1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Help with Hemocrit

Discussion in 'Male Health & HRT' started by PLatinum46, Mar 28, 2015.

1. PLatinum46

PLatinum46 New Member

I'm on HCG mono therapy and have been dealing with high hemocrit. Before starting therapy my heme was 45%. My total T has come up quite a bit but so has my total T. It was 50.6% so I cut my dose down a bit. Was taking 500IU EOD but dropped it down to 300IU EOD for 4 weeks and now my heme is 51.7%! My RBC 5.67 and hemoglobin is 17.0.

I was hoping by dropping my HCG dose quite a bit my heme levels would have dropped not increased. I'm looking for suggestions to why it increased. Only changes I've made are drinking beet juice (which does stimulate RBC production), take fish oil, vitamin D.

2. Picton

Picton Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Obstructive Sleep apnoea?

3. PLatinum46

PLatinum46 New Member

My wife is a light sleeper and hasn't noticed anything with my sleeping such as excessive snoring or periods of not breathing. But guess could still be a cause...

4. Picton

Webcam/IP cam might show something (although not much if it is very dark!).... or at least an audio recording.

5. mouk

mouk Member

What are your T levels on 300 UI EOD schedule - lower than on 500 UI EOD of HCG ...
    Are you drinking enough water - BUN level ?

6. PLatinum46

PLatinum46 New Member

My total T dropped from 720 @ 500IU EOD to 457 @ 300IU EOD. I haven't noticed much of a difference either.

I feel like I am drinking enough water but since my last test results I've upped even more.

7. PLatinum46

PLatinum46 New Member

8. Picton

Which says: "According to studies, RBCs rebuild more quickly in people who have higher vitamin D levels."
    Where does that come from? they don't reference it, just a long list of sources that would take a short lifetime to digest!

The it goes on to say: "These studies also used iron and other agents to stimulate RBCs."

So, whatever those studies were... it was the iron anyway!

9. PLatinum46

PLatinum46 New Member

Didn't even notice that.