1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

High testosterone, Low sex drive

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by AJYYEN, Mar 11, 2014.

1. AJYYEN

AJYYEN New Member

Ok, so I keep reading everywhere how testosterone is the key to the male libido and weight loss, HOWEVER, I have high testosterone, normal free testosterone and yet I have ED and serious weight gain. Someone please help to explain where the issues are coming from.
    I'm 41 now, always weighed about 190 until 2 yrs ago when I started to gain weight and lost my erections. I am now 235#s and growing by the month. I've dieted and gained. I've had blood work done over and over only to tell me that there is apparently nothing wrong with me. Nothing at all to cause my weight gain and ED.
    I have slight hypertension, slightly elevated triglycerides and slightly elevated cholesterol. My testosterone at last check: total=740 free=124.
    HELP.

2. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member

Aim at 15% body fat or less.
    Get scale, measure daily.

Stop eating high GI food (the kind that raises your glucose and insulin, after you eat them.

Testosterone=740 is just (good) beginning.
    Learn what
    Steroid Hormone Panel
    and
    Thyroid Hormone Panel
    and
    list of 40 micronutrients
    and
    list of Fatty Acids
    are

Slightly elevated cholesterol likely means that you do not have enough cholesterol.
    Cholesterol is your friend
    Excessive Inflammation is your enemy
    do blood check of
    HS CRP

Look (briefly) at the number of calories that you eat on average, weekly.
    Make sure that 40-50% of calories come from fat, natural, animal fat plus coconut oil, red palm oil, some nuts
    Proteins,
    make weekly inventory of animal proteins that you eat, by weight. Divide that in half. Make sure that half of your proteins by weight come from the sea, preferably oysters and other shelfish.
    Preferably all raw or only barely touched by heat.

//////////
    Erections,
    depends on many things, lucky bastards have a 100 for testosterone and good erections.
    Us less lucky:
    TT=600 and up
    FreeE2 closer to the top range
    Progesterone=1.4ng/mL or slightly over
    DHT=75-116
    prolactin
    good thyroid ratios help

This tests at LabCorp helps:

---------------

Code:

1	-------	Pregnenolone, Mass Spectrometry--Test Number: 140707 CPT Code: 84140		
    4	-------	Progesterone--Test Number: 004317 CPT Code: 84144		
    5	-------	Cortisol, Free, Serum, With CBG (Endocrine Sciences) Test Number: 500440 CPT Code: 82533; 84449		
    6	-------	Cortisol, AM & PM Test Number: 104000 CPT Code: 82533(x2) (7:30AM, 12PM)		
    7	-------	Corticotropin Releasing Hormone (CRH)		
    8	-------	Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Sulfate--Test Number: 004020 CPT Code: 82627		
    9	-------	Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)--Test Number: 004100 CPT Code: 82626		
    10	-------	Androstenedione, LCMS--Test Number: 004705 CPT Code: 82157		
    11	-------	Testosterone, Total, Serum Test Number: 004226 CPT Code: 84403		
    12	-------	Testosterone, Free and Weakly Bound--Test Number: 143255 CPT Code: 84402; 84403		
    13	-------	SHBG		
    14	-------	Dihydrotestosterone (DHT)--Test Number: 500142 CPT Code: 82651		
    17	-------	Estradiol, Sensitive Test Number: 140244 CPT Code: 82670		
    18	-------	Estradiol Free, Equilibrium Dialysis, With Total Estradiol, HPLC/MS-MS (Endocrine Sciences) Test Number: 500649 CPT Code: 82670; 84999		
    19	-------	Estrone, Serum Test Number: 004564 CPT Code: 82679		
    22	-------	Metabolic Panel (14), Comprehensive Test Number: 322000 CPT Code: 80053		
    23	-------	Complete Blood Count (CBC) With Differential Test Number: 005009 CPT Code: 85025		
    24	-------	NMR LipoProfile®		
    25	-------	Serum Iron, TIBC, Serum Ferritin and Iron % Saturation		
    27	-------	Thyroid-stimulating Hormone (TSH)- Test Number: 004259 CPT Code: 84443		
    28	-------	Thyroxine (T4)- Test Number: 001149 CPT Code: 84436		
    29	-------	Thyroxine (T4), Free, Direct, Serum-Test Number: 001974 CPT Code: 84439		
    30	-------	Triiodothyronine (T3)- Test Number: 002188 CPT Code: 84480		
    31	-------	Triiodothyronine (T3), Free, Serum- Test Number: 010389 CPT Code: 84481		
    32	-------	Reverse T3-Test Number: 070104 CPT Code: 84482		
    33	-------	Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Antibodies		
    34	-------	Thyroid Antithyroglobulin Antibody		
    35	-------	Thyroxine-binding Globulin (TBG), Serum  Test Number: 001735 CPT Code: 84442 		
    36	-------	Prolactin Test Number: 004465 CPT Code: 84146		

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  3. r3drang3r

r3drang3r Banned

(See my comments on the bottom about your testosterone problem) Sounds like the same thing that happened to me. I have Hypo thyroid, it took the Dr two years to make the call. Dr's get hung up on watching your TSH (Thyroid Sending Hormone), it doesn't even come from your thyroid. It comes from the pituitary Gland. Endocrinologists are the worst Dr's for Thyroid,they are in the dark ages with their medicne. They rely too heavily on the TSH level instead of simply looking at the patients symptons. Hypo=Tired, lethargic, No Libido, Unexplianed weight gain. Hyper Thyroid=Losing weight (look anorexic), Nervous, Jittery. It is that simple. Throw the TSH out the window. I call them Endoquackologists. I know more than they do. The best selling Book,"Stop The Thyroid Madness). First chapter says, throw TSH away. The Quacks drug of choice is Synthroid or better known as Levoxyl. It is pure T4, a warehouse item, the body converts it to T3 which is like gas in the tank to run your metabolism. Trouble is most people with a Thyroid problem don't convert T4, it ends up going down the Toilet. I took it for months and Titrated up to 100mg a day. It didn't do Squat. I had started studying about the Thyroid back after the first year I had gained 40 lbs. So tired I would awake, drink coffe and I was falling asleep driving my car 12 miles taking my wife to work. The Dr had tested my TSH and it was 4.5, blood test results said I had to be 5 and over. A stuoid .5 I was that close, standing before my Dr with an extra 40 pounds, so tired all the time. If I was the DR I would have made the call, remember look at the symptons, screw the TSH. I went another year without treatment and gained a total of 80 pounds. My 32 waist was a 40. 265 lns, where I was always around 170-175 32 inch waist. I finally dove intot the Internet and found the answer in minutes. The site was "the American Endocrinology Assoc.". My Dr said if I brought anything in it had to be credible. The site said they changed the TSH level for Hypo to 3.0 and over. Here I was 4.5, the change had happened 3 years eaerlier, before my blood test. So now my Dr makes the call and outs me in Synthroid and wastes more months with no change taking T4. So I jumped on the Internet again and discovered Desiccated Thyroid, made from a Pigs thyroid. They use Pigs Hearts for human transplants. Endoquackologists say desiccated thyroid is not stable, BS I am living proof and have been taking it for years. A lot of other people too. Name brands like Armour, was the #1, but they changed their formula and people could no longer take it under their tongue sub-lingual. Now they have NP Thyroid by Acella who makes Armours original formula, and it is cheaper. Desiccated thyroid contains T1, T2, T3, T4, and Calcitonin. I also took along with it Name brand Cytomel pure T3 it goes to work quickly speeding up your metabolism. Stay away from Endoquackologists, they hate desiccated thyroid and will fill you with T4, and rely heavily on your TSH. Note, desiccated thyroid will make your TSH blood level in decimal points, like .05, .09. A Quackpologist would say oh my God your TSH is too low your Hyper thyroid. Of course your standing in front of him weighing 50 pounds heavier, falling asleep, completely relaxed. Duh, you think so Doc? Look at the symptoms you Jerk. Get the Book, Stop the Thyroid Madness". It explains everything. Oh by the way about your Testosterone and your ED, or is it DD (Dead Dick). Check your blood for your Estrogen level. It should be in the 20's. Ask me how I know Mine was 90 and I was just like you. There is a hormonal reaction that takes place under the skin it is called Aromtase. The conversion of Testosterone to Estrogen. Very dangerous for a man if too high can cause Heart Attacks, and Strokes. The drug to take is brand Name Arimidex, or generic anostrazole. They are an anti Aromaste drug. It comes in 1mg, you quarter the tablet and take .25mg, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. After a while you'll know exactly where your Estrogen is by your Wood Meter. Lots of Woody's when everything is right. I am 65 and have the testosterone of a 20 year old. I have no problems in that department. Just like when I was 18, waking up with a Woody, getting excited looking at a women. I wouldn't trade this for anything.

4. r3drang3r

r3drang3r Banned

(See my comments on the bottom about your testosterone problem) Sounds like the same thing that happened to me. I have Hypo thyroid, it took the Dr two years to make the call. Dr's get hung up on watching your TSH (Thyroid Sending Hormone), it doesn't even come from your thyroid. It comes from the pituitary Gland. Endocrinologists are the worst Dr's for Thyroid,they are in the dark ages with their medicne. They rely too heavily on the TSH level instead of simply looking at the patients symptons. Hypo=Tired, lethargic, No Libido, Unexplianed weight gain. Hyper Thyroid=Losing weight (look anorexic), Nervous, Jittery. It is that simple. Throw the TSH out the window. I call them Endoquackologists. I know more than they do. The best selling Book,"Stop The Thyroid Madness). First chapter says, throw TSH away. The Quacks drug of choice is Synthroid or better known as Levoxyl. It is pure T4, a warehouse item, the body converts it to T3 which is like gas in the tank to run your metabolism. Trouble is most people with a Thyroid problem don't convert T4, it ends up going down the Toilet. I took it for months and Titrated up to 100mg a day. It didn't do Squat. I had started studying about the Thyroid back after the first year I had gained 40 lbs. So tired I would awake, drink coffe and I was falling asleep driving my car 12 miles taking my wife to work. The Dr had tested my TSH and it was 4.5, blood test results said I had to be 5 and over. A stuoid .5 I was that close, standing before my Dr with an extra 40 pounds, so tired all the time. If I was the DR I would have made the call, remember look at the symptons, screw the TSH. I went another year without treatment and gained a total of 80 pounds. My 32 waist was a 40. 265 lns, where I was always around 170-175 32 inch waist. I finally dove intot the Internet and found the answer in minutes. The site was "the American Endocrinology Assoc.". My Dr said if I brought anything in it had to be credible. The site said they changed the TSH level for Hypo to 3.0 and over. Here I was 4.5, the change had happened 3 years eaerlier, before my blood test. So now my Dr makes the call and outs me in Synthroid and wastes more months with no change taking T4. So I jumped on the Internet again and discovered Desiccated Thyroid, made from a Pigs thyroid. They use Pigs Hearts for human transplants. Endoquackologists say desiccated thyroid is not stable, BS I am living proof and have been taking it for years. A lot of other people too. Name brands like Armour, was the #1, but they changed their formula and people could no longer take it under their tongue sub-lingual. Now they have NP Thyroid by Acella who makes Armours original formula, and it is cheaper. Desiccated thyroid contains T1, T2, T3, T4, and Calcitonin. I also took along with it Name brand Cytomel pure T3 it goes to work quickly speeding up your metabolism. Stay away from Endoquackologists, they hate desiccated thyroid and will fill you with T4, and rely heavily on your TSH. Note, desiccated thyroid will make your TSH blood level in decimal points, like .05, .09. A Quackpologist would say oh my God your TSH is too low your Hyper thyroid. Of course your standing in front of him weighing 50 pounds heavier, falling asleep, completely relaxed. Duh, you think so Doc? Look at the symptoms you Jerk. Get the Book, Stop the Thyroid Madness". It explains everything. Oh by the way about your Testosterone and your ED, or is it DD (Dead Dick). Check your blood for your Estrogen level. It should be in the 20's. Ask me how I know Mine was 90 and I was just like you. There is a hormonal reaction that takes place under the skin it is called Aromtase. The conversion of Testosterone to Estrogen. Very dangerous for a man if too high can cause Heart Attacks, and Strokes. The drug to take is brand Name Arimidex, or generic anostrazole. They are an anti Aromaste drug. It comes in 1mg, you quarter the tablet and take .25mg, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. After a while you'll know exactly where your Estrogen is by your Wood Meter. Lots of Woody's when everything is right. I am 65 and have the testosterone of a 20 year old. I have no problems in that department. Just like when I was 18, waking up with a Woody, getting excited looking at a women. I wouldn't trade this for anything.