1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

How long until T-Injection takes effect?

Discussion in 'Male Health & HRT' started by ssavan01, Oct 12, 2009.

1. ssavan01

ssavan01 Member

Cant believe I dont know this by now, but how long does it take for the average T-Cyp injection take for it to boost testosterone levels in the body? For example, for someone like myself whose been on TRT for almost 2 years now, if I took my injection today (sunday) and my levels were just beginning to lower since it is the end of the week (if no HCG was involved), then how long until the levels began to swoop back up?
    Ive read that it takes two days for the injection to fully boost levels, but how about just begin working? Thanks

2. ptm82379

ptm82379 New Member

Usually serum levels peak after 48 hours

3. ssavan01

ssavan01 Member

Yeah I got that. Im wondering how long after the injection takes place does the testosterone begin boosting your levels? Is it immediate, or does the long acting ester delay the process?

For example: Say I had a total testosterone level of 500. I did an injection of 100mg of Test Cyp. 1 hour later would my testosterone level be above 500?

4. cpeil2

cpeil2 Active Member

To "begin" working? Nearly immediately after injection. How long does it take to peak and how long before a subjective effect is felt are separate questions.

5. bigpappab

bigpappab New Member

Not sure if you saw my thread but I just started my test injection last Wednesday. I worked out legs that night and the weight I was doing the previous week was much easier. I did chest Friday and it was great. I did weight that I can't remember doing in YEARS!

6. cpeil2

cpeil2 Active Member

Some people feel a subjective effect within hours or days. Others wait for weeks or even months.

7. spiderRico

spiderRico Member

switched from gel to shots 3 weeks ago, and don't feel too good. Old lethargic feeling is back.

I'm hoping it's just the DHT drop and once things level out I'll be OK.