1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

How to Administer Expert Testosterone Replacement - Lecture By John K. Crisler, DO

Discussion in 'Male Health & HRT' started by Bulldog, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  2. Aki

Aki Member

Re: How to Administer Expert Testosterone Replacement - Lecture By John K. Crisler, D

Thanks... this is great stuff, especially for a relative beginner like me (even if I've only looked at the PDF so far).

I intend to use this presentation as a starting point/springboard for research (unless someone proffers an even better resource). I hope it's okay if I post multiple questions/discussions directly related to the presentation in this thread itself? (i.e. as opposed to opening a separate thread for each topic.)

One thing caught my eye: on page 4, top-left slide says "Total Estrogens is NOT a valid assay for adult males on serums". I'm assuming "serum" was a typo, and what was meant was "SERMs". Hopefully someone can confirm or refute this...

Christa likes this.
  3. MarkLA

MarkLA Member

Re: How to Administer Expert Testosterone Replacement - Lecture By John K. Crisler, D

This is great stuff, but the video seems to be cut off before the whole discussion is finished. Is there another video with the rest of the presentation?

Christa likes this.
  4. Bulldog

The video is just a teaser to sell the whole thing. If you go to the YouTube page you will see this in the description.

r3drang3r likes this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member

SHBG
     Sex Hormone Binding Globulin
     Produced by liver (et al)
     Binds sex hormones– androgens and
    estrogen, androgens>estrogen
     ↑ by E, liver failure, growth hormone,
    hyperthyroidism, Thyroid Tx
     ↓ by androgen, IGF-1, insulin
    No real way to manipulate

////////////////////////////////

What about
    increasing GH and IGF-1 level

///////

Note
    When testing GH, IGF-1, IGFBP3 there is tremendous difference between types of tests used.
    I just found it the hard way.
    Use RIA.

////

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
    Christa likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member

Rescue from “Nipple Issues”
     Burning, itching, swelling, FREAKING
     Occurs with mere changes in hormones
     DO NOT treat in first month
     20mg BID tamoxifen until gone, then taper --cut dose Q5D
     Prefer tamoxifen over clomiphene
    Cannot really assay estrogens on SERM-class drugs <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
     Hold GHRT (magnifies E fx)
    Gyno may be caused by progesterones

///////////

Note,
    I maintain my progesterone around (3-4)ng/ml for couple of years now.
    When it was very low, much lower than 1.4ng/ml I would often get nipple itches that at the time I would solve by using Arimidex.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
    Christa likes this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member

WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF TRT?
     Elevating T to healthy, happy levels
    Estrogen metabolism
     Actions at the androgen, estrogen
    receptors
     Restoring endocrine pathways
     Bringing “conventional medicine” to
    our “evidence-based medicine”

I have noted that having good progesterone levels is one of the ways to control estrogen (at least in my case).

//////

8. Lugri65

Lugri65 New Member

Sorry for stupid question but i don't understand the suggest dosage of nolva for gyno. Please somebody can help me?.
    th.

9. Aki

Aki Member

"DO NOT treat in first month."

"20mg BID tamoxifen until gone, then taper --cut dose Q5D": This line means start with 20mg twice a day, and taper off by reducing the dose every 5 days.

10. Lugri65

Lugri65 New Member

Thank you

11. r3drang3r

r3drang3r Banned

Dr, Crisler, you are a role model for every Dr in this country. Your Knowledge is State of the art, today's medicine. I beat my head against the wall, with Dr's who are twenty years behind in what's happening today. I taught my Dr. something when I first went to him. He had been administering TRT just giving out "T" to his patients for 9 years. No clue about Estrogen or anything else. I had been directed to him by my Pharmacist, when I asked who in the area is prescribing "T". My Problem was my Estrogen had hit the roof, and Thanks to this forum I was lead in the right direction. My present Dr would not administer Arimdex to me. So I found the DR the Pharmacists had recommended. I spoke to him on the phone, and told him my problem about arimidex, he never heard of it, but he was administering "T": to patients for years. So he was going to speak to a few colleagues and get back to me. End of story he brought me in and started me on arimidex and "T" injections. I had been on the Transdermal T up till then. Finally I asked him one day if he ever checked the other patients over the years for Estrogen. The answer was no. You really need to get the word out. People are being mistreated everywhere. I was recently was in a Hospital and the Dr freaked out about my"T" level. I asked what was the upper level of the test, she said 600. Wrong, I asked her to repeat the test "Bio Available Free "T". I was proven right, another thing I learned up here. You have no idea how many people you have helped throughout the world. I stand up and Applaud you Sirt. Job well done. Respectfully DWM

Christa and Bulldog like this.
  12. Ryan Bradfield

Ryan Bradfield New Member

I believe im supposed to inject with a #29 G needle,0.5 inch,0.5ml insulin syringe.
    Please someone post a link to youtube of the how/where?

Christa likes this.
  13. Bulldog

Here is the video that Dr. John made on SubQ injections. I believe he now recommends injecting into the fat pads on the glutes (where you would do an intramuscular injection).

http://www.allthingsmale.com/commun...bcutaneous-injection-instruction-video.21497/

Ryan Bradfield likes this.
  14. Ryan Bradfield

Ryan Bradfield New Member

I'm going to be doing 50mg twice a week by sub q injections
    Should I do Mon,Thur or Mon,Fri?
    Basically should there be two or three days in between injections?

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    Christa likes this.