1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum! Please be sure you bookmark our new address. Also, please register and join the conversations. It's free!

How to boost DHT

Discussion in 'Male Health & HRT' started by sargonnas, Jan 26, 2012.

1. sargonnas

sargonnas New Member

My DHT is not as high as I would like it to be. Even being a normal guy I would prefer optimals levels in any subtance in the body and since im going trough years of being almost an eunuch im researching anything involved with libido.

Any way to boost DHT? Natural and easy procedures are preferent, as always.

2. alex

alex New Member

what is your obession with DHT? Serum DHT isnt even all that useful. Often times serum will come back low but 24 hour urine panels will be twice the top of range.

I promise you your DHT is high enough that its not causing your symptoms. While it may not be "optimal" its more then adequate.

Not to mention i have never heard of any way to raise DHT except to go on TRT , and more specifically androgel which has an affinity to raise DHT.

But your not gona go on TRT since your testosterone is not bad so mute point.

3. BadassBlues

BadassBlues Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

TRT using gel is the only way I know of. There is a DHT gel available in Europe though...

You do need to have your levels checked first, you may already be okay. I disagree with some as to the effect DHT has on libido, it is a very powerful androgen, and in my opinion, THE one major T factor with regard to libido. It is very true that there are a lot of other factors at play, NT's are a biggie, as Alex has very concisely layed out.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  4. BJE

BJE New Member

5. sargonnas

sargonnas New Member

Whats my obsession with DHT?? I dont know, what is my obsession? Maybe a shrunk penis, loss of libido and erectile dysfunction? Im just asking about DHT since I readed and I agree its really important in libido and penis size. If my DHT is ok then fine, apologies for making a pointless thread. I trust your experience, but understand im concerned about having a smaller and flaccid dong.

Can adrenals or high E2 cause this??

The only time I tested it was 0.56 ng/mL (0.25-1 ng/mL) .

There is any evidence of Pregnenolone lowering DHT, by the way?

Maybe I should have begun the thread with these two questions...

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  6. alanc

alanc New Member

sargonnas likes this.
  7. sargonnas

sargonnas New Member

Man that sounds freaking promising!! I have heard from others good results (one guy even stated penis gains) on Tribulus, but since tribulus messes with LH and Testosterone it is said you can have a crash later on. Quoting from the guy that said that to me:

I think "Tribulus Tetris" has to be Tribulus Tribex or something like that. LOL Tetris Tribulus...

Anyway what is your opinion about this? And what Fenugreek or Tribulus do you reccomend?

8. sargonnas

sargonnas New Member

Oh and thank you to Badass and BJ for answering my thread. Good to know Androgel does that. Now I know what TRT use in case is needed ;)

9. matt

matt New Member

dude sarg, my dht is 0.89 and trust me urs is fine too. mine gives me acne though..are u worried about dht coz u want to go on preg?

10. alex

alex New Member

Your more then welcome to pursue raising your DHT. Your talking to the person who is all about going after "optimal" and having good labs as I think its an important component.

Im simply saying that a DHT of 0.56 on a scale of 0.25-1 is not causing your shrunken penis or your ED. So taking it from .56 to 1 will probably only help a little in your particular situation.

My DHT is very similar to yours if not even lower despite very high Test and my penis is not shrunken and my ED is markedly improved. Everyone is however different so there is always the chance your situation will improve by raising your DHT but I doubt it.

11. sargonnas

sargonnas New Member

Yeah im just trying to get all things together when I see Hertogue. If the things im taking restore adrenals,Praise God lol but if not yes im gonna go on preg and/or isocort.

12. sargonnas

sargonnas New Member

Ok Alex thank you for your effort in helping me. My approach is this: get every number in the optimal range. Simple and effective, I think.

13. alanc

alanc New Member

I would imagine that once you get your HPA and/or adrenal output increased then your DHT will also rise as it's part of the adrenal cascade. By raising your metabolic rate and LH your preg and adrenal cascade should increase and i would guess this would result in increase in DHT. Unless there is a specific problem at some point in the cascade e.g Low 5 alpha reducatse activity

Preg -> DEHA -> TEst -> DHT

14. sargonnas

sargonnas New Member

Awesome. Yeah my LH is not optimal either, I want it to be 8 instead of nearly 4.

This forum rocks! Should I get into another (which ones do you guys reccomend?) to expand my horizons or just begin reading the Big Threads here?

15. alex

alex New Member

Just so you know. LH is pulsitile so theres no need for it to be at 8. You can easily have Total T at 800 with a not that high LH provided your leydig sensitivity is good. Your leydig sensitivity is definetly good.

16. sargonnas

sargonnas New Member

Oh always good to learn Alex, thank you. My ignorance in the matter is huge but it is lowering slowly.

17. cumkwakka

cumkwakka Active Member

forget dht man, of course it's important but not as important as you think

get your adrenals healed that's way more important

i had medium to low dht on a t level of 500 and had the craziest libido just no wood

then on gels i had skyhigh dht and slightly more libido and hairloss

now on injects i have a good amount of dht, and even with hcg i still don't have the libido like before when i was natural, and wood isn't that much better either

edit: i even tried proviron and even that didn't help! people are like yeah it's crazy man wow insane libido and wood wtf man it's goddamn crazy and i was like hmm why do i only have some hairloss and that's it and an aggravated prostate?

so but that's just me right? your body works different so try it and let us know what happens

18. sargonnas

sargonnas New Member

LoL man I gotta love your posts cumwakka hahaha

Yeah I know, adrenals and estradiol (liver) are the key for now. At least talking about erections.

Im just searching every number in my body, with the aim of achieving the optimal in each of these.