1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Hyperexcretion, Prenisolone & HGH

Discussion in 'Female Health & HRT' started by chronos, May 22, 2009.

1. chronos

chronos Guest

Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post since I am a female (30 y/old hypopit)... but I think you guys can help me out here... so any advice would be greatly appreciated :sifone:

When I first started cortisol treatment I had to take HC every two hours otherwise I'd get the diarrhea and shaky. So I was put on prenisolone instead. Around the same time, it was found that I had high renin and low aldosterone, so I was put on florinef as well. This was all good until I started HGH. The problem is that since taking it, I get periods of restlessness and fogginess. In addition, I get extremely sleepy after eating and spasm in my eyelids if I eat starchy vegies (caveman diet). I did have temporary relief after reducing testosterone (30%) and thyroid (30%)... but now it's back in force and I just can't 'shake-it'. I take 0.8 IU HGH at night and another 0.2 IU at about 3am - so 0.3mg total. I take 2.5mg pred and 4mg HC at 5:30am and another 2.5mg pred at 9:30am.

I have read to pred can cause problems with growth hormone, but I'm wondering if this is only when it is taken in supraphysiological doses? Or could some other hormone interaction be causing a problem?

2. chronos

chronos Guest

Re: HGH & Prenisolone

Anyone... ?

3. hardasnails1973

hardasnails1973 Banned

DAm girl you got some severe issue going on..

4. chronos

chronos Guest

Yes... sure wish I had an ugly appendage hanging about my waste, then I wouldn't have this bloody debilitating illness :biggrin:.

I'm pretty sure it's low cortisol because my blood pressure is 90/60, even a couple of hours after waking. Going to take 1mg pred in the arvo to see if it gives me some night time coverage.... I just hate that idea because it stops HGH from working, but so does low cortisol. Catch 20.

Oh, how I love hormonal imbalance!

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2009
  5. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member

Being a well behaved girl you have posted your question in the designated place.
    This board is however rarely visited.
    You may get more traction when you post on

All Things Male

http://allthingsmale.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

If you choose to stay here try to raise

chiiln
    he have some (real) GH related experience and overall background

or

Wise Guy
    he favors mostly Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide (GHRP)
    His experience is mostly theorethical, he does not use either, GH or GHRP.

also dr John
    he knows about both but favors GHRP

I do not use GH. Would like to but I have a cancer in my left thigh. Sarcoma. Sarcoma loves GH.

You may want to look at my post #106 & #107,
    specially the copies of some pages from dr Hertoghe book attached there.

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  6. chronos

chronos Guest

Thanks JanSz for the excellent info! :cheers2:

I have an appointment with my endo next week... I think I'll get insulin and BS checked as well.

The afternoon dose of pred has helped a lot... I'm just giving it a couple of days for everything to settle before I start getting excited.

I've got Hertoghes 'Hormone Handbook' for physicians and it's been really helpful, particularly in summarizing hormone interactions, symptoms and dose adjustments - though you have to be careful because it doesn't specify if these are due to stimulatory effects (no good if have no feedback) or direct increases in activity.

7. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member

You may be interested in

75g Oral Glucose Tolerance & Insulin, plasma test
    7 points

If you have a time, look at my before and after charts.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

On script write:
    -----------------------------------------------
    75g Oral Glucose Tolerance & Insulin, plasma test
    7 points

0 min, 75g Glucose
    30 min
    60 min
    90 min
    120 min
    150 min
    180 min
    -------------------------------------------------

8. xks201

xks201 Active Member

Did you get this before adding growth hormone? Who told you to take growth hormone?

9. saltimbanc0

saltimbanc0 New Member

GH will reduce circulating cortisol levels, i take it your symptoms come on only after the injections at night?

Its possible you need to counter with a small dose of hc at the same time but im not sure if this will directly interfere with its effectiveness.

Have you built up to this dose or gone straight in at the current amounts? if so might be worth dropping down and ramping up slowly to avoid these symptoms. just an idea

10. whitegato777

whitegato777 Member

Yes this is right. HGH Will increase the likelihood of your body keeping your Cortisol inactive As cortisone. I do not trust prednisone. Your body doesn't metabolize it the same way because its not Bio identical. And because you're not using hydrocortisone your body is not retaining enough salt to keep your blood pressure up.