1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

I think accutane changed me...

Discussion in 'Post-Finasteride Syndrome & Accutane Sufferers' started by John86, Jan 12, 2016.

1. John86

John86 New Member

Hello,

This is my first time posting here. I'm just another guy who has been afflicted with the "post-accutane" syndrome that many people who've taken the drug claim to have. I took it as a teenager for severe acne (over ten years ago - I just turned 29). In my case, I would say the mental and cognitive symptoms are the most debilitating. Perhaps it would go too far to say that accutane completely ruined my life, but it wouldn't be too far to say these symptoms have done an excellent job of derailing it. I seem to have this constant brain fog and difficulty concentrating and feeling emotion as I did before. I wish there was some solution, but of course I realize this is mostly false hope.

2. thx

thx Member

Because they're in the same folder I assume Accutane is a 5ari the same as finasteride? Further down on this folder is some posts about Simpson's Oil and recoveries. I wanted to try it but would require a day's drive to find it legally (Colorado).

3. John86

John86 New Member

Yeah, if only I lived in Colorado, I'd probably be desperate enough to try it, though I doubt it would actually work.

4. thx

thx Member

So take a skiing vacation to Colorado.

5. John86

John86 New Member

May I ask, have you considered doing so? I definitely intend to try this sometime in the near future when I'm able to take a trip to Colorado or California. I notice a local health store sells CBD oil capsules, maybe I'll buy a few, though judging by the online anecdotes it's actual RSO that is needed, neither isolated CBD nor simply doing pot.

Interestingly, as I'm sure is the case with everyone with this, I notice that odd supplements or medicines occassionally cause me to feel almost normal again. A few weeks ago I took a couple hundred milligrams of doxycyline and for a few hours, at least, the cognitive, emotional, and personality that plague me dissipated; as weird as it sounds it almost was like I could feel my mind coming back online. I want to know why that is.

6. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member

We are build of cells.
    Cells contain nuclear DNA, nDNA.
    This is the DNA that people commonly talk about.
    Cells contain mitochondria.
    Practically mitochondria is a separate species, we use it to produce energy, likely other things.
    It does have its own DNA, mtDNA.
    We inherit mitochondria from mothers only.
    mtDNA mutates, sometimes more than usual.
    The process of this mutation is called heteroplasmy. And other that getting some amount of mutated mtDNA from mother, the process of mutation continues as we age.
    We can accept up to about 20% mutated mtDNA, when is more it hurts us, but response is not linear.
    Some hurt, others do not mind.

Supposedly there are ways to get rid of some amount of that mutated mtDNA (then we could possibly feel better).
    Methylene Blue
    Nicotine (gum or inhaled only, no tobacco)
    red light 660nm (Ruby Red on amazon)
    sunlight
    combinations of above are used
    -----

Not everybody responds,
    not everybody responds right away

When it works, it not only removes mutated mtDNA but it raises dopamine (so we feel better)

The stuff is commonly available and cheap.
    Problem is to
    find if one would respond
    what combination of inputs is the right procedure for given individual
    so, no need to raise a hope prematurely
    Just idea to chew on.

[​IMG]

This is sample to get idea, at amazon there is variety of this.
    http://animalpharm.bigcartel.com/product/methylene-blue
    [​IMG]
    $15
    =====

/

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  7. Lucille Blanton

Lucille Blanton New Member

Very informative.

8. skorpio88

skorpio88 New Member

i too have problems from accutane, in particular I think it may have triggered a vocal disorder for me. I recall reading somewhere that accutane can damage the vagus nerve, which in turn causes a lot of other problems.

9. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member