1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

List of tests for women (Quest Diagnostics)

Discussion in 'Female Health & HRT' started by Bulldog, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

My wife wants to get some tests done. Which ones should she do? She is 42 years old. I can give more info later if necessary. Also, is there a good forum out there like this one except dedicated to women's health?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

2. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member

What are her interests, complaints?
    Other than plumbing women are about the same as men.

Dealing with Steroid hormone panel doctors are screwing the process up not only for men but also for women.
    So there is lots of opportunities there.

Biggest problem may be if you try to do something for her, newer works.
    This should be her own project.

Have her join this board.
    Any other board would not get any attention.

Have her look up my posts on this thread:

http://jackkruse.com/forum/showthread.php?6427-PG-E2-ratio&p=81508#post81508

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  3. Bulldog

She want's me to do the leg work, JanSz. She wants to feel better but has no interest in learning any of this stuff. She just wants to know what to do.

Her main complaints are (in no particular order):

Putting on extra weight / hard time losing weight
    Tired all the time even if she sleeps 10 hours per day and takes naps on weekends (we do know that her iron is on the low side)
    Loss of libido, absolutely no interest in sex
    depression
    Inconsistent (some times once a month sometimes every two weeks) heavy periods

There may be more items for that list but they aren't coming to mind right now.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  4. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member

Look up my posts on this thread:

http://jackkruse.com/forum/showthread.php?6427-PG-E2-ratio&p=81508#post81508

Do lab tests
    at LabCorp
    Spectracell
    Fatty Acids

///////////////////////////////////////

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  5. Bulldog

I came up with a list of tests for my wife's OBGYN to run and he refused to run them. Instead he did an ultrasound of her uterus and ovaries. He found a cyst on one of her ovaries and a bunch of polyps in her uterus. He also found that the lining of her uterus is really thick. She is currently in pre-op for surgery. They are going to try and remove the ovarian cyst without having to remove the ovary, but there is a chance they will have to remove it. They are also going to remove the uterine polyps and do an ablasion to remove the extra layers of the inside of her uterus. Surgery is scheduled to start at noon.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

6. hebsie

hebsie Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

...wish her well for us BD...hebs :)

7. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member

I wish her and you the best.

Many things can be helped with iodine overdose.

///

8. BadassBlues

BadassBlues Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I have been through that with several women in my life and I extend my sympathy and heartfelt good wishes to both of you. Sometimes there is nothing left to do but go this route. The good thing is that she will likely feel a lot better once she recovers. I really hope they can spare her ovaries. I also hope they can do this vaginaly to spare her the pain of a long recovery. My wife was not so lucky.

Did they diagnose this as endomitriosis?

9. Bulldog

Thank you for the well wishes. I appreciate it. They were able to remove the cyst with no complications and were able to leave her ovaries intact. They also did the surgery laparoscopicly so her recovery should be short.

There was no "diagnosis" given. Hopefully this helps her to feel better, but I'm not sure it will make any difference. If it doesn't then he better do some hormonal tests to get a better idea what is going on.

I don't really understand why doctors refuse to do tests when requested. They act like it is an invasive procedure to draw blood yet they will do surgery at the drop of a hat. Personally I would have preferred he do the blood tests first to see if the cyst was even causing a problem before doing surgery... Since cysts are very common and usually aren't an issue. I guess we'll see if it makes a difference or not.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

10. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member

Knowing how doctors get paid and what patients can do about to reduce their misery,
    may help.

I wish I had $$ for this seminar (below).

We probably should get separate tread on that topic.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  11. pmgamer18

pmgamer18 Prince of the Forums