1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Long Time Hrt-yet Recent Unresolved Issues

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Expowerlifter, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Expowerlifter

Expowerlifter Member

Hello Everyone,
    New to the forum but have been checking it out as a visitor for years. I'm not sure of the proper protocol or manners so want to make sure I do a quick intro. I already posted a longer message about my specific issue (libido, lack of pleasure with sex, hard to achieve orgasm and weak/lame orgasms) but will give some broad background here.

I'm in my early 40s and been a lifelong athlete and health nut. Been training seriously and eating clean for 3 decades. Never used drugs or tobacco, only drank in my high school and early college days then gave that up too. Over a decade ago I had some serious medical issues that collapsed my immune, digestive and endocrine systems. I went from muscular and athletic to overweight with chronic pain and illness. I eventually was directed to functional medicine doctors that I believe saved my life. Balancing my hormones, helping with supplements, nutrition, getting me off all sorts of meds other doctors piled on me for a few years that seemed to me made me worse (for every new symptom I had they gave me a new drug).

Well functional medicine had me living life at a very high quality. However after about 7 years on HRT (Test, adex, HCG, HGH) my libido went away. It's been like two years now. My doctors can't figure it out. I'm considering a consult with Crisler or visiting Mariano since he is closer.

I've seen some threads on here with amazing members and moderators giving input that helps people sort thru things and get proper labs done to pinpoint problem areas. I've not yet found what the lab lists are for Crisler although I've been looking. Since my insurance will pay for one set of labs a year, id like to find what labs Crisler has done or would find most beneficial to use when doing consults, as I am seeing my doc in about a week in a half. So if anyone can point me to the list of labs to get done I'd appreciate it. As well any input on my more detailed thread in the men's health section.

Perplexing to me that for 7 years on same HRT protocol (and only other meds are Xyrem for sleep (GHB) and vicadin for pain), that my libido and sexual performance went from insanely high and wonderful...to DEAD. with my labs still being consistent to what they were when my sex Life was amazing. As much as I love my doctors I don't think they know the fine tuning stuff that Crisler and Mariano do. But at least if I can get the right labs paid for that would be of use to Crisler and Mariano it would save me some money and speed up the process of getting some help.

Thanks.

2. Louis Richards

Louis Richards New Member

I am not an expert in this topic