1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Max amount of saturated fat daily

Discussion in 'Male Health & HRT' started by cumkwakka, Apr 4, 2011.

1. cumkwakka

cumkwakka Active Member

What is a good guideline for the maximum safe amount of saturated fats in one's diet daily, assuming 2000-2500 calories?

2. hardasnails1973

hardasnails1973 Banned

35-50% of saturated from total fats. provided that it is the healthy kind and very low sugar. It will only help ones health..
    Nothing like organic butter, EVCCO, GHEE, and red meat fat.

3. pcgizzmo

pcgizzmo New Member

Nothing wrong with saturated fat. It's not bad for you. To much insulin is bad for you. Trans fats are bad for you.

4. BigJimcalhoun

BigJimcalhoun Active Member

Our family will be buying non-hydrogenized lard and beef tallow too. Fat is awesome. I concur with the percentages hardnails outlined.

5. n00bs

n00bs New Member

Not what my nutrition lecturer thinks...

She wants us to avoid dairy and animal foods because they kill you and arachadonic acid is bad *insert eyes rolling*

6. hardasnails1973

hardasnails1973 Banned

See more people making them self insulin resistant from excessive fish oils that's the current trend I am seeing in alot of drs patient resulting In upsetting natural balance. This is where I say people eat the healthiest eat the most unbalanced. People that thinking eating like an Eskimo they will be less likely to have heart issues. Sorry charlie, Think again you do not have their genetics to pull it off lol Just because Asian can eat so we americans think we can too with out issues. Well depends on the place that serves it. I will not be eating any fish for awhile. We might start to glow in the dark lol Ever notice there are fatter Asians thank good old mickey ds and the kernal for that one. We are worries about them posloning use well we did one better and Fu their gene pool lol

7. aginghippie

aginghippie Banned

Download and read this paper

http://www.dovepress.com/the-wester...es-of-civilization-peer-reviewed-article-RRCC

Read this one as well

http://www.ajcn.org/content/81/2/341.full

Then read and follow these rules

http://www.paleonu.com/get-started/

Eat ONLY grass fed and grass finished animal protein

Eat ONLY wild caught cold water fish - salmon, sardines, etc

Egg yolks only - I eat mine raw

Eliminate ALL excess sugar - fruit juice, soda, etc - get your sugar from fresh or frozen fruit - ONLY berries

Watch this video - Sugar, The Bitter Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Eliminate ALL grains

This blog is very informative

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/

8. diesiel

diesiel Active Member

you forgot to add

-Have a boring life:biggrin:

9. n00bs

n00bs New Member

How is this possible..

Fish oils reduce inflammation.
    Inflammation and proinflamatory cytokines have been linked to diabetes.

It can't be as simple as fish oil.

What is the mode of action??

10. diesiel

diesiel Active Member

didn't you get the memo? Fish is bad for you now. I wouldn't eat any of that poison for a WHILE

11. n00bs

n00bs New Member

My sarcasm detector is broken.

Honesty lol.

12. hardasnails1973

hardasnails1973 Banned

I have been suggesting Dr's patients as well as clients if they have insurance to switch over to lovaza for a long long while.

I had a professor in college saw me constantly eating beef in class. He ask me how much I eat I day. I said about 1-2 lbs on average. "How much protein you eat a day?" , he asked curiously. "about 450-500 grams" I commented. OH boy did he get on his soap box about how my kidneys are going to fail, you need no more then 130 grams protein a day yadda , yadda. The funniest thing he was asian about 5'5 and 120 lbs soaking wet LOL I was 5-9 230 >10% BF ..What is wrong with this picture..HAHA

13. aginghippie

aginghippie Banned

http://faculty.ksu.edu.sa/hazzaa/Resources/Position Stand- protein and exercise, ISSN 2007.pdf

It is the position of the International Society of Sports Nutrition that exercising individuals need approximately 1.4 to 2.0 grams of protein per kilogram of bodyweight per day. The amount is dependent upon the mode and intensity of the exercise, the quality of the protein ingested, and the status of the energy and carbohydrate intake of the individual. Concerns that protein intake within this range is unhealthy are unfounded in healthy, exercising individuals. An attempt should be made to obtain protein requirements from whole foods, but supplemental protein is a safe and convenient method of ingesting high quality dietary protein. The timing of protein intake in the time period encompassing the exercise session has several benefits including improved recovery and greater gains in fat free mass. Protein residues such as branched chain amino acids have been shown to be beneficial for the exercising individual, including increasing the rates of protein synthesis, decreasing the rate of protein degradation, and possibly aiding in recovery from exercise. In summary, exercising individuals need more dietary protein than their sedentary counterparts, which can be obtained from whole foods as well as from high quality supplemental protein sources such as whey and casein protein.

http://www.jacn.org/cgi/content/full/19/suppl_5/513S

Beyond the Zone: Protein Needs of Active Individuals

A variety of factors interact to increase dietary protein needs of individuals who exercise regularly. Although future study will need to determine precise recommendations, current research indicates that as long as energy intake is adequate a daily protein intake of 1.2–1.4 g/d for individuals participating in regular endurance exercise and 1.6–1.8 g/kg for their counterparts involved in strength exercise should be sufficient. To ensure these increased needs are met, care should be taken to consume a diet containing adequate energy and a selection of high quality protein foods, i.e., dairy products, eggs, meat, fish and soy products. Select populations may be at increased risk of not consuming sufficient protein due to increased requirements for a variety of other reasons, i.e., unbalanced diet (vegetarians), inadequate energy intake (dieters or athletes with high energy expenditure, especially women), higher baseline requirements (those who are growing or the elderly) and so on. More study is necessary before all of this can be untangled.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1474076

Evaluation of protein requirements for trained strength athletes.

NBAL data were used to determine that the protein intake for zero NBAL for S was 0.69 g.kg-1.day-1 and for SA was 1.41 g.kg-1.day-1. A suggested recommended intake for S was 0.89 g.kg-1.day-1 and for SA (strength athletes) was 1.76 g.kg-1.day-1. For SA, the LP diet did not provide adequate protein and resulted in an accommodated state (decreased WBPS vs. MP and HP), and the MP diet resulted in a state of adaptation [increase in WBPS (vs. LP) and no change in leucine oxidation (vs. LP)]. The HP diet did not result in increased WBPS compared with the MP diet, but leucine oxidation did increase significantly, indicating a nutrient overload.

14. hardasnails1973

hardasnails1973 Banned

bodybuilders are not strength athletes. They are different creatures Lol. They do not care how they lift, but how much muscle they can stimulate. Athletes could care less what they look like its all about performance. I did not start growing until i upped the protein. I start clients at moderate levels of protein and then monitor they response. More muscle mass you create the more it has to be supported. My girl friend was under the same notion eat less stay smaller. Now since she has created new muscle mass her caloires requirements have increased by 1/3 or more just to maintain the new muscle. Every ones body is different, as with anything they are just guidelines nothing more. Some times you have to shock the body to break certain plateaus and misconceptions.

15. pcgizzmo

pcgizzmo New Member

Agree whole heartedly.

16. Technophile

Technophile Member

What does this even mean?

17. Technophile

Technophile Member

Could I be seeing a pattern here?

18. aginghippie

aginghippie Banned

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/24/132745785/how-western-diets-are-making-the-world-sick
    How Western Diets Are Making The World Sick

http://maisonneuve.org/pressroom/article/2010/nov/15/the-diseases-affluence/
    Diseases of Affluence

In an essay published last November in Canada's Maisonneuve journal, physician Kevin Patterson described his experiences working as an internist-intensivist at the Canadian Combat Surgical Hospital in Kandahar, Afghanistan.

One detail he noticed: The Afghan soldiers, police and civilians he treated in Kandahar had radically different bodies from those of the Canadians he took care of back home.

"Typical Afghan civilians and soldiers would have been 140 pounds or so as adults. And when we operated on them, what we were aware of was the absence of any fat or any adipose tissue underneath the skin," Patterson says. "Of course, when we operated on Canadians or Americans or Europeans, what was normal was to have most of the organs encased in fat. It had a visceral potency to it when you could see it directly there."

Among North American adults, 40 percent of us maintain normal glucose levels only by secreting larger than normal quantities of insulin from our pancreas. So we wander in and out of our family doctors’ offices and, if some blood work is done, we are reassured that our glucose levels are normal, that we don’t have diabetes. Mostly, they are and mostly, we don’t. But our bodies are not normal. The Afghans’ bodies are normal. We are so commonly ill we take it to be normal.

Here is our normal: 40 percent of North American adults have metabolic syndrome. The syndrome is caused by being fat, even at levels North Americans would not recognize as abnormal. Obesity prompts the receptors that insulin acts upon to become numb to its effects. As we grow fatter, and insulin resistance proceeds, higher and higher levels of insulin are necessary to get the sugar out of the blood. Eventually, overt diabetes may supervene, as it has for 8 percent of North American adults, a tenfold increase since the turn of the last century. But even prior to the development of diabetes, metabolic syndrome insidiously eats away at the bodies of those it affects.

Metabolic syndrome’s elevated insulin level is why we order a second Whopper; getting fatter, cruelly, stimulates our appetite. It is also why high blood pressure is more common among Westerners, too, and why our cholesterol panels are more alarming. Ultimately and especially, it is why heart attacks are almost unknown among traditional peoples like the Pashtun, while half of us will spend our last minutes with the impression that a large kitchen appliance is sitting on our chests.

19. hardasnails1973

hardasnails1973 Banned

YOu people are way too analytical..

It means that if you were not under a rock for the past few weeks there is radiation bleeding into the ocean which is going to contaminate fish. In the past radiation in parody has been associating with bright colors and glowing.

There have been reports of conspiracy theory that some asian countries may have been trying to poison with food or products
    Since they have adopted western culture mainly eating fast food and junk food, they are deviating from their petite structure for past thousands years. They are basically changing their genetics due to the poison of western diet as well as creating more health issues.

20. cumkwakka

cumkwakka Active Member

so has anyone seen in improvement in energy / libido / wood on a diet higher in fats? if so what kind of fats?

some statements are olive oil will increase test, others say saturated fats will help this (anecdotally on many bb boards)

what amounts are we talking about?

or upping calories or eating more carbs increased their libido?