1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum! Please be sure you bookmark our new address. Also, please register and join the conversations. It's free!

Medquest Testosterone Lipo Cream ?

Discussion in 'Male Health & HRT' started by Bill-NJ, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Bill-NJ

Bill-NJ Sargeant-at-Arms

I just changed to a new primary care and he is fine with my TRT but would rather I go on a cream for more steady levels ... he is ok going back to shots if he cant get #'s where I am now, has anyone had experience with the lipocream from Medquest?

2. Randall64

Randall64 New Member

My opinion is, creams/gels are fine for the older gentleman who wants to feel ten years younger.
    Injections are for the younger andropause patient who has an active lifestyle and works out.

3. Bulldog

Bulldog Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Why do you feel this way? Do you feel TD gel is inferior to IM injections?

4. Randall64

Randall64 New Member

I read many, many HRT boards and nearly all those who have an active, athletic lifestyle which includes weightlifting, say that they didn't really get satisfactory results until their doc switched them from TDs ti injections. Even low-dose amounts of 100mg per week gave them much better results.

As I said, gels and creams certainly have their place. I think the patient who just wants a better overall feeling with more energy and libido, may benefit a great-deal from transdermals.

Transdermals also are a great choice due to the fact that you don't have to travel to a doctor for injections. Some people would not be comfortable self-administering their own shots. But as a bang-for-your-buck testosterone method, I don't think injectable can be beat. In 100mgs of Test Cypionate, there is 70mg of testosterone. All 70 mgs absorbs into your body, no ifs, ands, or buts. Transdermal absorbancy varies a great deal. You can rub in a 50mg dose of gel and you cross your fingers that your body is receiving 10% of it (5mgs).

5. chilln

chilln Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Injections are optimum for

a) anyone who doesn't care about their T (testosterone) mimicing natural T levels,
    (this could be anyone from 18 to 108)

b) males with unresolved thyroid problems who absorb too little transdermal T.
    (this could be anyone from 18 to 108)

Injections flatline T

natural T levels are lowest at 8pm and highest around 8am,

transdermal T levels are highest at 12pm (midday) and gradually lower over the following 24 hours (if you apply gel/cream once per day).