1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

My Father Is A Healthy 80 Year Old Man. Is Trt A Bad Idea For His Low T?

Discussion in 'Quick Q&A with Dr. Crisler' started by BigAk, Sep 22, 2017.

1. BigAk

BigAk Member

Hi Dr. John,
    My father; an 80 year old healthy man is visiting me for about six months. I decided to get his Total and Free T measured just to know what his values are. To my surprise his total came back higher than mine (I'm 50). However, his Free was really low; way below the normal range. I had posted another thread asking the community for help; however, one member asserted that it is a bad idea to treat an 80 year old man for his hypogonadism. That doesn't make sense to me and my argument was "For those who are in their 50's and 60's and undergoing TRT treatment, should they all abandon their protocols when they hit 80 years of age because it's no longer a good idea?" I thought I'd post on here asking you the expert to way in on the matter. Is it a good or bad idea to pursue treatment for my dad? I appreciate your help and look forward to your answer.

Here's my dad's bloodwork results:
    upload_2017-9-22_13-8-47.png