1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

not getting a "pump" while working out

Discussion in 'Physical Fitness & Weight Training' started by charliebizz, Feb 26, 2011.

1. charliebizz

charliebizz Member

hey guys i was just wondering what can be the reason for not getting much of a pump while lifting.im doing the same routine as my friend same reps he gets so swollen and i get nothing..befor i had low t and other problems i did get nice pump..i know low t is part of the reason its so hard to put on muscle but it shouldnt have anything to do with pump correct me if im wrong

2. joe143

joe143 Member

Are you not getting a burn from lifting? Maybe try a differnt routine? I know every few months I switch up my rotuine. Otherwise it feels like workout isnt having the same effect.

3. charliebizz

charliebizz Member

im getting a burn and very sore a day or 2 after just no pump.not that a pump even means anything towards muscle growth just curious

4. billrich210

billrich210 New Member

I would say make sure you drink plenty of water regularly and try sets with higher reps, maybe 75% of max.

5. Test-one

Test-one Member

For ME a pump comes only with proper carb intake. When carbs are at 100 grams or lower, I get no pump what so ever.

So my question to you is, what does your diet look like?

6. BJE

BJE Active Member

I have no explanation why, but lately I have been having unusually good pumps. I'm trying to figure it out. I have been taking horny goat weed lately, I don't know if it has anything to do with it. I think that it dilates blood vessels so maybe that has something to do with it.

7. Test-one

Test-one Member

I should have clarified my post with more detail.

"The pump" has a lot to do with your diet, water intake and even your stress level. If you are upset about something, or worried, your brain sends signals to the body to go into stress mode. Trust me, I live with anxiety everyday and the more stress I have throughout the day, my workouts and pumps suffer.
    If you are not getting a good pump within the first 10 minutes of your workout, and providing you train correctly, the above could be contributing factors.

8. DragonRider

DragonRider Member

I hate to disagree, but I think it has a lot to do with genetics. I have been working out for 37 years and I never grew until I experienced a pump and for 20 years I never experienced "the pump."
    I finally began to experience what so many other successful bodybuilders did when creatine was finally introduced to the market, and even then I have to use about twice as much as others use.