1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Not responding to HCG

Discussion in 'Male Health & HRT' started by punxweb, Apr 5, 2010.

1. punxweb

punxweb New Member

Recently, I started HCG with my TRT. I was hoping it would give me quite a boost. Unfortunatly it did not. My starting test value was over 500, after one month on HCG my test value was 220. I started at a dose of 400IU E3D. After I recieved my blood test, I increased my dosage to 500IU EOD. I was actually having bad sides. My sex drive went away, ED, the boys got smaller, and lack of all motivation. Felt pretty bad. Checked my E2 and it was still under 20. The brand I was using was Hucog. This was the stuff before they switched over to the pre mix. I mixed it correctly with bacteriostatic water and kept it in the fridge. I think it was legit because my LH and FSH numbers tanked on the second blood test. I was thinking about trying Novarel but it is much more costly. Has anyone ever heard of someone not responding to HCG? Any insight would be appreciated.

2. TESTOCULES

TESTOCULES Member

I noticed the boys got smaller also on Hucog :ack2:

Maybe it is not a good product?

3. punxweb

punxweb New Member

I had heard good reviews on Hucog. Do you think I should try another brand of HCG or just give up on the HCG idea?

4. Bulldog

Bulldog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

JanSz has been using HUCOG for quite a long time. He has never said anything bad about it.

5. pmgamer18

pmgamer18 Prince of the Forums

So your saying your levels went down on this HCG is this all your taking to get your levels up is so it's best to do this 100 IU's everyday try to simulate your body's own production of T by doing HCG everyday a this dose or lower.

Yes try a different brand can you get a script for it try Novarel.

6. Matty

Matty Member

My balls get big like bull moose on Hucog fellas. It's a decent product for me, albeit I don't have labs to prove it. But it gives me a boost and I notice a big difference in my balls and drive for sure.

You sure you're mixing it right?
    You sure the labs you're taking are accurate?

If upping your dose makes the sides worse, sure sounds like an E2 problem to me.

7. punxweb

punxweb New Member

Janz and Matrix recommended Hucog. Pretty damn sure I mixed it correctly. I purchased the 5000IU box. Mixed it with 5ml of bac. water. Kept everything refrigerated. Used .4 -.5 cc every other day. My labs tanked after using 400IU E3D for 6 weeks. I have a script for it so I will try to purchase it locally. I was going to try to get Pregnyl just because it is supposed to last longer than the Novarel and it will be 10,000IU bottle. Yes the labs are correct. I have blood drawn every 6 weeks while on HRT and my E2 has always been low, between 10 - 20.

8. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member

I see that you are hoping for HCG alone to get your testosterone raised to good levels.

Very few people succeed in that, do not get discouraged.
    So far I heard about 2 or 3 that use HCG only, but they are always struggling and compromising.

Do not buy anything that is more that 2000iu.
    It is going to get old before you finish vial.

Better to use even less than 2000, they sell 1500 and 1000IU

Think of HCG as preserving cosmetic look of balls and scrotum,
    also preserving fertility.
    It does increases T production, but do not count much on this, plus you are always going to be short on that TT level that you need.

Hoping for HCG only to carry you on will lead you to do bad compromise.
    100% of times you will compromise on BAT levels and argue that they are good enough.

//

/

9. punxweb

punxweb New Member

I did not mention that I am also on transdermal T. 200 mg/ml, 1 ml per day. Was on 250mg per day when I my test level was at 500 before starting HCG. The transdermals do not bring up my DHT whatsoever.

10. mikeyboyeee

mikeyboyeee New Member

There's your answer. That transdermal T bullshit shut you down like it did me.

11. LowT

LowT New Member

Kind of an important thing...that's your issue, not the hCG.

12. punxweb

punxweb New Member

Please explain how transdermal T would shut me down. I understand that any exogenous T would make my LH and FSH tank but I thought that HCG mimics the LH signal hormone. I am not producing my own LH but the HCG is replacing that so I should still be making some test, right? Shots would do the same?

13. LeanGuy

LeanGuy Active Member

Any exogenous T (gel or shots) or HCG will shut down your LH/FSH signals. You are correct about HCG replacing the LH. It should be making some T depending on how well your testicles work. It sounds like you may have a bad batch of HCG.

I am on HCG mono (sort of... I use a little T gel for DHT). I thought my HCG wasn't working anymore (generic brand)... then I switched to pregynl and total testosterone shot to 1500. Reduced it and now my T has consistently been 800-900 for six months+. Always sub-q in abdomen.

14. n00bs

n00bs New Member

Whats your HCG dosage like?

Have you tried IM injecitons, i dont think i can poke anythign into my abdomen actually i know i cant.. So was going to try IM thigh/glute

15. seekonk

seekonk Active Member

It seems his T was fine on transdermals. It was when he added HCG that things went downhill.

How long were you on transdermals before taking the T=500 test?

16. punxweb

punxweb New Member

I was on transdermals for a year and a half. I have thyroid issues so I also have absorbtion issues. I was on as much as 300mg per day and only got my levels to 600. My doc is hesitant about giving me t shots. I wish he would, I am tired of screwing around with transdermals. Sub-q is easy, dont even feel it. I-m isn' that bad either but never tried it with HCG. I am going to try some Pregnyl. I am still baffled though. Before HRT my LH was always low, FSH was low to mid range. Even when I was on 300mg per day, I had mid to low range LH & FSH. Right before I started HCG my LH and FSH were mid to low range. After 6 weeks on HCG my levels were undetectable. Which kind of makes me think the HCG was legit. But my test tanked from 500 to 200. Maybe my body is making some of my T?

17. moonman

moonman Member

Unxweb..sou ds like ur progesterone levels r skyrocketing on hcg days. Same thing happened to me. On the day of hcg get progesterone blood tests. See if that is ur problem, it happens to a small % of males on hcg (15%ish)

18. may19th2001

may19th2001 Active Member

It does not gpo that way for everyone though.

19. may19th2001

may19th2001 Active Member

SO it works very well for you then.

20. seekonk

seekonk Active Member

You were not completely shut down on transdermals.

It is possible HCG raised E2, which could have shut you down via negative HPTA feedback. Many guys get a problem with E2 when taking too much HCG.

Before HCG, your mid-range FSH would have maintained sperm production. Once that was shut down, you would have had some shrinkage from that.