1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

On the matter of timing of dosing for an AI

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts from Dr. John' started by Dr. John Crisler, Dec 19, 2014.

1. TX Tornado

TX Tornado Member

I'm on every 3rd day sub-q T-shots (always at 7am) and have found that I start feeling "T" rise (and estrogen to go with it) about 36 hours after my "T" shot.....and have found that if I take my 1/4mg of anastrozole the evening of the day after my T-shot....that its working right when I need it.

I actually figured this out after reading this thread.....tried it the morning after my T-shot....too soon....the AI was running out 48 hours later when I still needed it.
    Tried taking my AI the next day at lunch time....better but still a bit too early in the cycle.....
    Then tried taking it about 39 hours after my T-shot (10pm next evening) BINGO! the result was really good!

Now I know that if I take my AI anytime between 7pm and 10pm the next night after my T-shot....its working right when I need it to!

This has been a great thread and got me to thinking about proper AI timing....no thanks to my doctor......he just said..."take a 1mg tablet twice a week" ....which was....(A) Way too damn much!!! and (B) gave me no particular times of the week to take it........

I will also say that the "advice only consults" with Dr Crisler have been invaluable in figuring this all out since my doctor is clueless (and possibly got his medical license mail order out of Tijuana or something)........oh well....at least he writes the prescription!

hebsie likes this.
  2. Dr. John Crisler

Dr. John Crisler Lord of the Forum Staff Member Super Moderator

That is a good point you make, TX. Every-body is different. I like to start guys taking the AI at the same time as the shot. But some do better taking it the next day. That is why I ask my patients to describe how they feel across the week.

3. Andrew

Andrew Member

Hi Dr. Crisler. I was taking my Arimidex at 1/4 tab the day of my shot same time for the past two weeks. Shots being broken up into 200mg test cyp E3d. As you said going by feeling, I noticed symptoms of being to low from the last two doses of arimidex. Switching to the day after the shot now. Going by feeling I still feel too low. I'm trying to go by something Phil suggested and wait till Rem Sleep Wood returns before I take another dose of the AI.....definitely hasn't returned yet. I'm just on the fence as to when to take the next dose. Thanks.

4. Andrew

Andrew Member

Oops. I mean a 200mg test cyp shot broken up into e3d. I was supposed to be doing it the day after the shot. Its my own fault I went too low. When your low it seems difficult to know when to take the AI again. Going by feel I guess atm

5. Dr. John Crisler

Over 400mg of test per week is not "TRT". You are doing steroids. What you are doing is contrary to the nature of this forum.

956Vette likes this.
  6. Dr. John Crisler

Oh, I see.

Every-body is different. I tend to prescribe taking the Anastrazole the day of the shot, so it is there as serums androgen levels are rising. Maybe that is because that is how I personally take it. But there are those who do better the day after. And even 2 days after. You will need to try different things, and see for yourself.

Those who see this medicine as coming from some "scientific study", or relying on charts, or half-lives, is missing the boat. The variation across the population is far too great, hormones are too complicated, and we have only begun to scratch the surface in our understanding of this emerging field of medicine. In the meantime, we can still find what works best for US.

7. Andrew

Andrew Member

Ok. Thanks for responding. Going forward, I'm trying different timings when I take the Ai starting now with the day after. I suppose that's all anyone can do with the amount it seems to vary beetween individuals.

8. BJE

BJE Active Member

I'm glad to see you are promoting the use of 31g 5/16 insulin syringes. I've been using them for years and they have worked out very well. Many here say they either can't or shouldn't be used because they are slow to fill, or because of the "high pressure nozzle effect" . Neither of which is much of a concern.

9. Dr. John Crisler

I don't like them.

And the risk of having one break off---during a Tri-Mix injection (!!!!)....

10. BJE

BJE Active Member

I would not suggest a "Tri-Mix" injection but for just a regular injection of testosterone or HCG there would be no more risk of breaking a needle than when using to inject insulin.

11. Dr. John Crisler

LOL. Right!

12. Jcp

Jcp New Member

Dr. Crisler, thank you for all you do! This thread along with others has been very helpful! Wish I wasn't so far from Michigan because your are obviously very knowledgeable in regards to TRT.

Have you trained or know any good TRT docs in the Dallas Fort Worth area?

Thank you so much for all you do!

13. Dr. John Crisler

I can help you through Defy Medical Centers.

14. rico

rico New Member

quote: "Speaking of tissue. Dr. Crisler. Is there any area that you may know of that an aromatase inhibitor may not permeate; i.e, Accessory organs, accessory and endocrine glands, peripheral tissue?"
    Thanks
    Kirk
    -------
    Crisler: "But we want it to."
    -------

Me: I agree, but I'd still appreciate an actual answer to his question.

Just as one example, there's talk on the boards that the AI doesn't get to the aromatase in the testicles and prostate, or perhaps they are suggesting it doesn't -work- on the aromatase there (although I've never come across any mention in studies of the existence of 'flavors' of aromatase. On the other hand, many enzymes DO have multiple varieties, PDE being just one example)
    If you have any hard data on this question, I'd be grateful to hear it, or the cites.
    thanks,
    Rico

15. Dr. John Crisler

I was assuming you would take that as a yes. Sorry.

What evidence does anyone offer an AI does not permeate the testicles and/or prostate?

And the T that is converted to E while on TRT does not come from the testicles (except with the addition of HCG).

16. anton3196

anton3196 New Member

Hi Dr. John. Did you see patients that don't need AI while on trt?

17. Dr. John Crisler

Yes, of course.

anton3196 likes this.
  18. Andrew

Andrew Member

Good afternoon Dr. Crisler. I'm sure your busy,but when you get a chance could you tell me what dosings of Arimidex you have found to work well with guys doing sub q injections? For example a 200mg cyp a week cycle broken up into say E3D. Thanks in advance. Best forum on earth right here!

19. Andrew

Andrew Member

Sorry...I failed to mention the reason of my question. I seem to be really sensitive to Arimidex. Where i hear guys taking half a pill every other day Just sounds nuts to me from my own experiences.

20. drpepper68

drpepper68 New Member

So am I to assume you would recommend them? I'm trying to decide who to switch too as well and prefer local who takes my UHC insurance. If you like them then that's all I need. :)