1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Question For Those Injecting Daily...

Discussion in 'Male Health & HRT' started by jth0524, Nov 9, 2018.

1. jth0524

jth0524 Member

Question for those using daily injections of testosterone cypionate:

I know there’s going to be very little variation in blood levels on a daily injection protocol. I’m curious though about the peak on a daily protocol. Would it be 12 hours post injection? If so, I could possibly see a small benefit to injecting in the evening so one would have a peak the following morning. Does anyone know or have an idea how many hours post injection it would peak on a daily protocol? Thanks

2. Captain

Captain Member

Testosterone is inactive but the byproducts from it are active. The daily injection is keeping the byproducts stable. I would guess the byproduct levels are more stable than the Testosterone levels. The part you would feel probably don't change much with daily. Your trying to time injection to get peak DHT at a certain time. DHT is active byproduct of Testosterone. So the question is when does the byproducts peak? This is something that don't get talked about and I don't see much info on it. Everyone is just focused on T levels.

3. BadassBlues

BadassBlues Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Injecting daily will result in static testosterone levels. The half life of cypionate is 12 days. Adding to the depot on a daily basis will not allow for a trough to occur and subsequently create static levels. You simply cannot dose cypionate like gel. If you are looking for a daily fluctuation, use gel.

Bulldog likes this.
  4. BJE

BJE Active Member

I’ve done a lot of daily injections over the years but I’m currently injecting every three days. I just never noticed an advantage with every day dosing.

I believe I feel better injecting every three days. This I feel is due to the fact that in order to not get my level too high I have to inject less per week when I inject daily but when I inject every three days I use about 50% more per week in order to keep my trough level from dropping too low. Of course this means that I’m getting a higher peak and am spending more time at a higher level than if I injected daily.

Basically I think I feel better with a higher weekly dose of testosterone and in order to get that higher dose I have to inject less frequently in order to not test too high.