1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Rip Dr John Crisler

Discussion in 'Male Health & HRT' started by brandO, Jan 16, 2019.

1. pmgamer18

pmgamer18 Prince of the Forums

Just a few weeks here in Det. Mi. the weather women at Fox News hung her self she was a very happy peson and had 2 small kids we will never know why.

2. Wise Guy

Wise Guy Talking Monkey Staff Member Super Moderator

Hey Phil,

She was actually experiencing severe side effects from Lasik eye surgery. There have been a number of suicides from Lasik patients with bad outcomes.

3. thenxtgrt1

thenxtgrt1 Member

Sas to hear this. RIP Dr. John. You will be missed by many.

4. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member

5. letstalk

letstalk Active Member

Been a long time since I've returned to forums.

But I heard about this and wanted to offer my condolences to any of Dr. Crisler's family, friends, or loved ones. He was a good doctor for a largely marginalized population of people.

Rest in peace.

6. JacobR

JacobR Member

Very shocking news! I saw the news on his main website. He was a pioneer for male hormone replacement! Everything I know is based from him and his methods . Thanks you all for great years of help . Rest in piece John .

7. pmgamer18

Thanks for the heads up they talked about this on her News show saying she needed more time to recover. But I think your on to some thing.

8. NADme

NADme New Member

Some of you know me as Hemo or Hemochromatosis, some as Desert Eagle. Yes, I have been banned from ATM twice. It comes with great distress that I post tonight. I reflect back on what little I knew about John's plight in life and it was a point in time that he was contending with legal issues as was I. There were exchanges where we had a mutual appreciation during that time.

My first thought of how I would enter this post was to give credit for becoming knowlegable about AI's as a result of ATM. Especially important since the DO that put me on TRT had no clue about estrogen elevation. It stuns me to think that what I have held to as a potential life saving knowledge may have contributed to John's demise. We can guess all day long considering restrictions from boards and panels and roundtables and the AI protocol reversal with hundreds of clients, along with a nasty divorce and reflections over the death of his first wife.........I can honestly relate to his pain and if anything good has come of this I can assure you it has made me take a significantly different approach to my health.

I have much to share and much to give, but for now with my most recent treks and recent research advancements and personal health realizations, I defer. However, for now I will simply share that regardless of contention. John was someone who clarified at times of great distress in my life. Reflecting on his issues of angst has at this very moment where my Total T has been at 70ng, and with it depression and mood swings, has yielded the insight to rise above the emotional darkness and to see the world without expectations that never materialize. To embrace degrading health and limitations in life with an acceptance of sorts as we try to better ourselves.

Good tidings to his family, his lady and his friends and associates.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  9. MattMuscle

MattMuscle Member

I also have not been around the forum for awhile. I just happened to have a look today and couldn't believe the sad news. I followed Dr John from the days when he was called Swale many years ago. I learnt so much as everyone here has, as he freely gave out help and information to us all.
    Thank you Dr John.

10. Bulldog

Bulldog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Rest in peace Dr. John.

John K. Crisler

East Lansing, MI - Our beloved son, brother, and fiancé, John K. Crisler, died unexpectedly on Wednesday, January 16, 2019, at the age of 60.

John was born in Lansing, Michigan, on March 19, 1958. He graduated in 1976 from Holt High School, where he played football and baseball, and won multiple prestigious science awards. He served his country in the United States Army National Guard.

In 2001, John earned a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from Michigan State University and went on to become president, founder and CEO of Superior Age Management, AllThingsMale Center for Men's Health in Lansing.

He was a pioneer in developing cutting-edge men's health therapies, treating 'his guys' with compassion and the most comprehensive care.

Keeping fit and healthy was his passion. He enjoyed travel, time spent with friends and family, and watching MSU and professional sports. John was soft-spoken and kind-hearted, with a dynamic personality. He blessed and was blessed by his many close friends.

We will all miss your infectious smile and sense of humor, and that twinkle in your eye.

John is survived by his parents, Keith and Mary Crisler of Holt; his sisters, Peggy (Louis) Crisler-Smith of Thurmont, Maryland, and Lynda (John) Simpson of Mason; nieces and nephews: and his fiancé, Arline Wood of Fenton. He was preceded in death by his sidekick, his Chihuahua Tox.

Funeral services will be held at 11 AM, Wednesday, January 23, 2019, at Palmer Bush & Jensen Family Funeral Home, Holt Chapel, 5035 W. Holt Road in Holt, with Chaplain Lyle Heaton officiating. Visitations will be 2-4 PM and 6-8 PM on Tuesday, January 22, and one hour prior to the service.

In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorial contributions in John's name to , Capital Area Humane Society, or a . Please visit the Palmer Bush & Jensen website at www.palmerbush.com to place online condolences or sign the online guest book.

Published in Lansing State Journal on Jan. 21, 2019

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lsj/obituary.aspx?n=john-k-crisler&pid=191313297&fhid=15198

letstalk likes this.
  11. DragonRider

DragonRider Member

Read that too. I don't get the connection to lasik.

12. DragonRider

DragonRider Member

I actually read this on another site and had to come here to see if it was true. One can't help but be heartbroken over hearing of his passing.

13. JCFL

JCFL Member

What a dude. He has been my doc since 2011 and literally saved my life. Not only was he a great doc and thinker, he was a friend.

If you were a patient of his what are your plans for another doc? I don't think I'll ever find a doc like him, but welcome any experiences with other docs that operate similarly. Thanks guys.

14. Captain

Captain Member

They sent emails out offering help to transition to Dr. David Nebbeling or Defy.

15. Bulldog

I'm just going to work with my local primary care physician for now. He has agreed to continue my medications as prescribed by Dr. Crisler. However, I'm not exactly sure yet how that will work out in the long term. Time will tell I guess. If I have issues working with him then I will seek out someone else.

16. pmgamer18

Bulldog,

My Dr. is dam good saved my life finding out about my Heart.
    Dr. Stevens
    248 377 0600
    In Alburn Hills

17. Bulldog

Thanks for sharing that, Phil. I'm going to give my current primary care doctor a go for now, but I'll put him in my contacts.

18. BadassBlues

BadassBlues Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I had to shut down and process this for a few days. This was a gut punch, took the wind out of me.

Above all, Dr. Crisler was a true gentlemen , that is what I respected most about him. This is a tragic end to the man's life, but his legacy will endure for years to come. There is a tremendous body of work and a wealth of information that has been left behind, much of it on this forum. It is my hope that a way to keep this forum active is found.

It has been a true honor to serve as a moderator on this forum and represent Dr. Crisler.

Bulldog likes this.
  19. thx

thx Member

I had LASIK, nearly lost my home and career, and thought about suicide. I can't drive at night. I had LASIK then PRK trying to fix the damage that LASIK caused. It didn't work.

I'm sorry about John. We talked by phone and he helped me with hormone problems.

kevin

20. wondering

wondering Active Member

I just tried to schedule a VOV and somehow I didn't get the group message that the office sent out. I just received a reply from the office as I sit here at my desk at work, I am STUNNED. Not sure I would be here today if not for him. The med team from his office are joining Defy as another mentioned and we can become patients of theirs. I may have a call with their docs to see how it goes.

Wow, I am floored.