1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Rip Dr John Crisler

Discussion in 'Male Health & HRT' started by brandO, Jan 16, 2019.

1. wondering

wondering Active Member

Would be good if the forum or another is created to help patients of his find alternate providers. I may have one local and will consider the physician offered by his office, but many may be left out in the cold. I am still so freaking stunned by this.

2. Bulldog

Bulldog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I never got the message sent to patients either, and I Admin his forum. Still haven’t heard from them other than the short conversation I had with his office manager the other day, and she didn’t mention any doctor or practice names. This is the first I have heard about Defy taking over his patients.

3. Captain

Captain Member

The email

As you may have heard, Dr. John Crisler has passed on. His staff has been diligently trying to find the best options on how to proceed. After interviewing several Doctors and doing some research we have determined that Defy Medical, who also offers virtual care, may be a good choice for some patients. If you were happy with the care that you received at Dr. Crisler’s office and would like to stay with the same systems that were in place then we would like to recommend Dr. David Nebbeling who specializes in Osteopathic health as well as hormones. He is a fellow Doctor from Lansing that is willing to implement Dr. Crisler’s system and continue on with your current regimen. You would still have virtual consultations and use the shopping cart you are used to for ordering consults and medication. Dr. Crisler’s staff will be joining Dr. Nebbeling’s practice and we hope to help you transition to whichever Doctor you feel is the best choice for you. Please email us with how you wish to proceed and hopefully within the next several weeks we will be able to transfer care as seamlessly as possible.

Thank you,

~Patient Care

John Crisler DO PLLC

And one sent today

Attached is a Medical Release Form. Please fill out to the Doctor of your choice so we can assist in getting your records switched over and your care continued. Defy Medical’s address is 4809 N Armenia Ave #220, Tampa, FL 33603. Their contact information is www.defymedical.com/contact-us or 813-445-7342. Dr. David Nebbeling’s address is 3918 W. St. Joseph Hwy, Lansing, MI 48917. His contact information is www.advancedosteopathichealth.com or phone: 517-323-1833 and fax: 517-853-0534. Or enter the information of whichever Doctor you choose. Please email or fax (517-485-4424) to Dr. Crisler’s office upon completion. Please do not respond to this email.

mjniss likes this.
  4. Katzenjammer

Katzenjammer Active Member

Absolutely floored. A very good, kind and caring man who helped so many. No words.

5. JackBauer

JackBauer Member

I have extreme sadness right now.
    I don't mean this to come off as complaining, just the opposite.
    There are some things about the process that were difficult and frustrating. (Like limited space in the fields for medication script requests) I won't go into that really... Just to say that in the end what kept me with Dr. John is what a fine human being he was.
    Almost every time I had a VOV, while waiting I was anxious - having to stay by my phone, running things through my head... A time or two we didn't see eye to eye.... (My concern over DHT specifically)...
    But where I'm going with this is that almost every single time I left that call feeling inspired. Not about my healthcare necessarily...

But about humanity.

I'm almost in tears thinking about it right now.

I tried finding someone local previously due to the challenges of telemedicine. And while I could have found someone that was good enough, in the end it wasn't his progressive medicine that kept me coming back.

It was his humanity.

And if it was suicide - I am devastated that I had no chance to help inspire him in his time of need the way he inspired me.

I will be praying for him and his family for a very long time.

KYinchampaign, cappy and Bulldog like this.
  6. Captain

Captain Member

They sent out another email today basically the same one that was cc.

We are attempting to send out a group email Bcc so it will hopefully reach you all individually.If you have already received this please disregard.

7. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member

8. Captain

Captain Member

Defy email today

Dr. Saya and Defy Medical are reaching out to you at the wish of Dr. John Crisler. As we continue to grieve the passing of our friend and partner in Men’s Health, Dr. Crisler’s executor has informed Defy Medical that he officially requested Dr. Saya and Defy Medical assume the care of his patients in the event of his death.

Accordingly and as a courtesy, Dr Saya has approved to allow you a one-time refill, at 10% less than our standard medication costs, so that you will not run out of your medications prior to finding another medical provider or transferring your ongoing care to Defy Medical. To process this refill, we will just need you to complete our Health Questionnaire and process payment for the medication(s). If you are close to running out of your medications, please contact us as soon as possible to prevent a lapse in treatment. A medication refill can take anywhere from 5-11 business days for our patients to receive depending on shipping choice chosen by patient.

Furthermore, should you decide to ultimately transfer your ongoing HRT care to Defy Medical, staff will assist you in fulfilling the additional requirements of same. Under the circumstances and as a courtesy to his colleague’s patients, Dr. Saya is allowing special considerations for lab results and the physical exam requirement for current patients of Dr Crisler. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us.

JanSz likes this.
  9. thx

thx Member

Dr Crisler's post on his heart attack in 2016 reminded me of my own problem. I've always run a lot. Like 50 miles a week. I found during my daily run I'd have to stop and barf, then I'd be able to continue. I ended up at the hospital hooked up to a treadmill connected to an EKG. And during the run on the treadmill I had to stop and barf, then continued the run. The cardiologist said nothing was wrong with my heart. Ultimately someone found I had 100% obstruction of the LAD, also known as the widow maker. So a stent was put in and the next day I was back to running without having to stop and barf mid run. Dr C mentioned his exercise ethic as a reason why he recuperated so easily. The doctors said I probably have a lot of collateral vessels that have formed over decades of exercise.

Possibly the same for Dr C ?

10. Jon

Jon New Member

Rip dr John. Not a patient but been using his book and this forum for information for a couple years now. Helped me recover from tbi among othe injuries. Thanks to his info I've gotten closer to a "Normal" life. Working and functioning better then other drs thought possible. Thank you, R.I.P.

11. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member

Just about everybody should do.
    Arthur Agatston Calcium score test
    Insurance does not cover that test. It cost $95.
    It it basically MRI of heart.

that test will tell about arterial health condition.
    High score will basically tell you how close you are to a stroke or heart attack.

We, humans and other life forms on Earth are creatures working of
    Sunlight energy
    and
    electromagnetic energy of universe.

We are designed to be constantly exposed to sun light (during the day), and no sunlight or any other light after sun is down.

I do not know of a good way to reverse high calcium score,
    but you can stop or slow down progress by being closer to the nature.
    Dr Dach talks about serrapeptase and some other as some possibility of reversing calcium score, Bolouki, earth worms.
    http://www.drdach.com/
    Fibrinolytic and Proteolytic Enzymes Medical Use
    https://jeffreydachmd.com/2018/06/fibrinolytic-proteolytic-enzymes-medical-use/

Make sure that your fasting insulin is below 5
    and
    homocysteine between 6 & 7.
    un-suplemented vitamin D should be at about 100 (little over top laboratory range)

Easier and incomplete way is to talk about
    Circadian Rhythm
    Your cortisol amount and timing will follow good rhythm when living mostly outdoor naked.

There is much more about it at
    jackkruse.com
    but
    not many are going to like it.

Basically live on the wild, far away from civilization and specially far away from any technology.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019