1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Something Encouraging: PFS Victim Cured!

Discussion in 'Post-Finasteride Syndrome & Accutane Sufferers' started by DaveK22, Oct 17, 2013.

1. DaveK22

DaveK22 Member

For those not already aware...a "PFS" guy named "CDnuts" from the propeciahelp mesg. board has actually been cured now for over a year! Not one of the infamous "temporary" cures that we have had at times. He spells out his protocol. It may be someting 'tane victims would want to try...myself included. A while back, I remember reading a similar recovery claim on acne.org board from a 'tane guy doing something very similiar. Might be something to all this?

If nothing else, it may be worth a read & follow the others that may try it too. Here is the link:

http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8271

2. Testosterone

Testosterone Member

From the amount that I read, his "cure" was the he started exercising and eating vegetables. I hardly think that is a cure to PFS. It sounds like he just turned his shitty lifestyle around.

3. clayton95

clayton95 Member

He's also been taking DHT based steroids to increase DHT, this is almost certainly an important part of his success.

It's interesting that his 'cure' also includes an element of detox (water fasting in his case). I've noticed that most of the others who claim to be cured have done some form of detox, be it a water fast, cleanses (liver, kidney etc)

Someone on acne.org says he cured himself using a homopathic isotherapy method, and this has involved liver cleanses, but also the use of calcium d-glucarate which is known to remove toxins from the body.

I'm going for a blood test tomorrow and they test is DHT (along with steroid and sex hormones) and assuming this is low I'll be interested to see what is suggested to elavate levels (which is presumably what will be required).

I've stopped taking all suppliments and even vitamins tablets etc for the last week as I want my blood test to be a realistic snapshot of where things are at the moment to compare to future tests. Interestingly after stopping my suppliments (just multi vit, cod liver oil, gingseng, gingko and l-arginine) my libido has increased slightly (still very low), but I didn't expect this.

I think people really need to be pushing their doctor for more specific tests, certainly DHT levels, the thread regarding that PFS recovery states the guy didn't get any medical tests at all.

4. adr_59

adr_59 Member

How old is the guy? May be the recovery was just a natural process, our body is very capable (if left alone).

5. DaveK22

DaveK22 Member

I read some other threads on proclaimed full or partial "recoverys". These seem to be the common denominators:
    1. no caffeine
    2. no alcohol
    3. Detox: cleansing and/or fasting (water only or juicing)
    4. Diet: raw, paleo, no gluton, etc.
    5. Multivitamins & minerals: vit D & magnesium a must
    6. Excercise

I speculate that the other things listed by some claiming full or partial recoverys like cycling test boosters, prohormones, supplements, carb backloading, etc. may not be mandatory ingredients but just happened to be done in conjunction with the key items listed above.

It's a MAJOR committment but if it's the road to a "cure", might be worth it. I would think 6 months would yield some results, maybe something to consider? Hell I had the will power to do a 28 day water fast, this would be much easier (already doing 5&6) I would think.

6. clayton95

clayton95 Member

So what is your plan moving forward Dave? I would think if you can manage a 28 day water fast then anything else is childs play by comparison! Have you tried liver flush, juice diet or any of the other detox suggestions? Have you had blood tests done by the way, such as DHT in addition to the usual?

I'm off for a blood test shortly, and although DHT wasn't listed on the NHS system as something that is tested for anyone suffering ED (I'm sure he said the test is generally done for babies for something completely different) I have been put down for this, and it sounds like this is key.

My next steps are doing a parasite cleanse for 3 weeks, prior to a liver flush. Like water fasting, I haven't found any hard evidence from studies that this is really beneficial, but I get pains in my kidney/gall bladder (pain under right lower rib) and ultrasounds have shown a potential gall stone, so I want to try this.

Other than that my next steps will depend on latest blood test results, but I will also be arranging to see an endocrinologist again to discuss my latest results whatever they are like.

Already ordered tribulus, maca, goat weed to cycle if DHT is low.

7. DaveK22

DaveK22 Member

I'm doing a lot of thinking about all this right now. I'm currently on TRT (1 year now) and before I saw the recent claims of cures via diet/health style change, I was considering going off TRT & doing a restart. It has done very little for the "pfs" like symtoms. One thing learned over the years of trying different treatments, spent 11 months on HCG & my DHT was always still BELOW the low ref range. On TRT gel, MY DHT has been OVER the high end of ref range. For me, it appears low or high DHT levels have zero change in symptoms.

Now if I do go off TRT, I may have to try this "health" protocol (or variation of). Since I have been doing low dose clomid w/ TRT, I may let that be the only new variable to add...thinking that then slowly taper off it if or when health improvements start emerging. Clomid would be like a substitute "test booster", I guess, but I only equate a true "cure" with being on no drugs...like before 'tane.

Unfortunately, I love my alchohol even though I have known this is not good for me...especially after the 'tane damage. I wonder where I would be if I did this health protocol after finishing my water fast? Instead, I think within a month after fast I was back to old diet, coffee, & alcohol thinking..."well, the fast isn't the answer". Maybe it isn't by itself but maybe has to be one of the pieces of the protocol done collectively. However, I will give up the booze if it means getting cured.

I'll be talking to my Endo shortly about all this.

8. Lou j

Lou j New Member

Is there any negative affects on testosterone that can be long term when doing such a fast? Studies show testosterone lowers significantly and shbg spikes during a fast. If someone's body is in a fragile state from propeca, could a fast set their body back further? Keeping in mind if their testosterone levels are still within range before the fast

9. woods364

woods364 New Member

Apparently CDNuts has to take herbs everyday inorder to feel better, so he's not really cured. He's also one of the few that actually responds to herbs and feels better.