1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Question suffering from post dutasteride syndrome, Dr is giving me testerone but I have some questions.

Discussion in 'Post-Finasteride Syndrome & Accutane Sufferers' started by sexypizza, Jan 28, 2017.

1. sexypizza

sexypizza New Member

Hey everyone,

I quit duta one year ago after using it for 2 years. I crashed a week after, was not able to get proper erections low libido ect ect.

few months later I became hypothyroid. but then recovered after using T4 for a while (about 10 months). Now I don't even need T4 because my endo said my thyroid recovered. I've been off thyroid drugs for 2 months now and my thyroid tests show that I'm still good.

my Endo now says I have low testosterone levels for my age. I'm 25 and my last test showed 14.99 on a reference range of 6.1-27.1 nmol/L He said that this is responsible for my low libido, erectile dysfunction and low bone density (he did a bone test).

I thought he was gonna put me on TRT for life because from what I read I thought it was permanent but he said that he is only gonna give me 3 shots of sustanon 250. one each month and that should boost my natural production. I'm 2 weeks in my first shot now and I'm confused about a few things and would like to ask some questions:

1- I don't understand how this is going to boost my natural production because from what I understand taking exogenous testosterone will suppress your natural production. Am I doing the right thing here? or should I worry? I only took one shot so far should I keep going?

2- when I took the first shot, the very next day I had an intense surge of libido and my penis was semi back to normal again. I'm guessing this is due to the fast acting ester. unfortunately, this didn't last and a few days later I was back to where I was before. I'm entering the second week now and I'm not noticing any improvements. is this normal or does that mean testosterone isn't gonna work for me?

3- Can I take DHT along with testosterone, my endo recommended I don't take it, but this is despite having DHT that is borderline low. I feel like it would help a lot in recovering my libido and would be worth a try.

4- will I need a pct?

Here is all the blood tests I've taken so far.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...fydgQwIs88Un0pHNNC2BKPYk8/edit#gid=1075796261

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017