1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

Tried a new Diet, that kicks butt

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by r3drang3r, Nov 3, 2015.

1. r3drang3r

r3drang3r Banned

My daughter when I spoke with her about six months ago saw a documentary on Netflix and made me promise her that I would watch it once. I actually lied to her as I ended up watching it Four times. Each time I got more out of it. The Documentary name is "Forks Over Knifes". It is a 100% true documentary. It is all about diet, and Cancer, and Fattening of the Arteries.
    It starts out with two Dr's close in age who worked independent of each other, but were on the same path of discovery. The diet they recommended was a Vegan diet, more strict than just a vegetarian. No Dairy, and No type of meat or fish. Just good old Green Protein, vegetables. They both made a major discovery in the Lab. It seems a certain Protein found in Milk causes Cancer. They proved this beyond any shadow of a doubt. The magic number was I believe 20 grams of this protein. When fed to Lab Rats they would develop Cancer of the Liver Tumors. When the amount of this Protein was reduced the cancer reversed and went away. They could literally turn cancer on and off by adjusting the amount of this protein.
    Actually they discovered as well that Skim milk was more dangerous than smoking 4 packs of cigarettes a day. Because when they remove the Fat they have to replace it with something. So they add more of the bad protein that caused Liver cancer in Rats.
    There is also a web site by the same name, "Forks over Knifes". It is full of information and delicious recipes. This was the first diet I ever went on that I didn't feel like a Rabbit eating Carrots and Celery. Instead I ate delicious meals with lots of spices and Pasta made from Grain like Pasta Primavera, and Basil Pesto Pasta. The best split pea soup I ever ate was a recipe.
    Exactly 30 days into the diet I had to go to my Pharmacy to get a simple test done for my insurance company. They pricked my finger and did a cholesterol test. Mind you now I have never been below 200. My last Cholesterol test was 230. Exactly 30 days on the diet and my Cholesterol came back at 140. That is a drop of 90 points. I believe that is a guiness world record. My cholesterol remains in the lower 100's.

I noticed as time went on I felt more energy as my body flushed out toxins. In 5 months I went from 260 pounds to 210 pounds and felt fantastic.

Two interesting studies in the film. They compared Japan's total population to Ours in the USA for Prostrate Cancer. In one year the Japanese only had 18 reported cases of Prostrate Cancer. While in the USA we had over 14,000. The difference is diet, mainly vegetables versus Meat and fried foods and all the rest of the garbage we eat.

Another study was depicted in a graph running from the beginning of the 1900's going to the 1950's. It was done on the country of Norway. The line steadily rose over the years until 1939, then it dropped like a rock almost down to the bottom of the graph. This remained this way for 5 years, then in 1944 the graph took off again rising quickly back up towards the top. You see what happened during those five years was the Germans invaded Norway and occupied it during those years. They seized all of the meat, dairy products, and cheeses and stuff like that and fed it to their Army. The Norwegians were forced to live on Vegetables. The results speak for themselves.
    One of the Doctors did a study and asked the local Hospitals for 25 people to partake in the diet. He wasn't quite prepared for what he received. He got people who had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. People with Cancer that were given less than six months to live. One was a 70 year old woman who was a marathon runner and was getting ready for the Triathlon in Hawaii. Then her former Dr diagnosed cancer. She had heard of this Doctor and sought him out. He immediately put her on a Vegan diet. Substitution of things like Almond Milk for regular milk. Yogurt made from Almond milk which is non-dairy. She decided not to sit home feeling sorry for herself and went back to training for the triathlon. Her friends thought she was crazy and . tried talking her out of it, but she would not hear them and continued on. She survived Cancer and went on to compete in Hawaii and won First place in her age group. She is still alive today much older and cancer free still competing in marathon and Triathlon events and winning them.

Another woman in the original 25 was told by her Dr that she didn't have long to live. She asked the Dr,"So what am I suppose to do, sit in my Rocking chair waiting to die"? The Dr answered yes. It was reported in the study that 15 years later she was alive and extremely well. These are just many true stories.

I cannot say enough good things about this diet. Another amazing fact is that if your cholesterol stays low enough your arteries over time will reverse their congested condition with fat choking off the arteries. They actually saw peoples arteries who were severely clogged, reverse and eventually open wide up again jst as if they were young again. This documentary film "Forks over Knifes" I cannot speak enough about. All I can say is it worked perfectly for me and continues to this day. I went from a size 40 pants back to fitting into my 33's that I had hung onto to. I could post pictures and you would not believe the before and after shots.

If you never do anything else, please make a commitment to watch the movie. If you are at all like me you will be sold on it. Imagine ridding your body of all the toxins and having more energy, lower cholesterol, a very healthy longer life, cancer free. Just watch the movie or go check out "Forks Over Knifes website".

Good Luck and Good Health,

Dave

2. BJE

BJE Active Member

Thanks for the post. I agree that with proper food choices we would all be much healthier. I keep thinking I'd like to switch over to a more vegetarian diet. At present I generally avoid dairy products, and don't eat a lot of meat, but I need to increase my intake of fresh fruits and vegetables.

My goal would be to eat mostly fresh fruits, vegetables, grains and legumes with only eating meat sparingly and cutting out all dairy. Of course it goes without saying that this type of diet would exclude sugary treats and deserts. I think everyone would have better health on this type of a diet.

3. r3drang3r

r3drang3r Banned

Good start BJE, but seriously forget the meat. You get plenty of protein from Vegetables. I have worked out and lifted weights since I was 19 and I am not suffering in the muscle department. Best thing to do is go look at the recipes on the site, "Forks over Knifes". You will be pleasantly surprised. A lot of great recipes including Decadent Desserts. I too have a sweet tooth. Switch over to Almond milk which has protein and is a good source of good cholesterol HDL. Back in the 1st week of August I sold my home and moved North. I am still stuck in the motel room as I haven't found a house yet (soon to change). I have temporarily suspended the diet some what it just became too hard. I was pleasantly surprised to see my cholesterol still hanging at 160 just taken on the 23rd of October. Take the Leap and become a True Vegan. I guarantee you won't regret it.