1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

TWICE PER DAY hCG shots?!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts from Dr. John' started by Dr. John Crisler, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Dr. John Crisler

Dr. John Crisler Lord of the Forum Staff Member Super Moderator

Are you kidding me?!

Nope.

I have been trying this with a few guys who have especially challenging testicular atrophy.

They split the dose, and take some in the morning, and some at night before retiring.

Those who have tried it report better response in testicular size, and also sense of well-being. But it is, admittedly, a bit of a lifestyle decision.

2. P.MD

P.MD New Member

Very interesting doctor. Keep informing us about this experience...

3. TX Tornado

TX Tornado Member

I haven't tried twice per day but when I started doing a small dose of HCG every morning instead of one larger HCG shot every 3rd day....things got noticeably better!

4. Dr. John Crisler

That is because you are now providing your body with a more regular supply of the LH mimic--like it is used to.

5. Wise Guy

Wise Guy Talking Monkey Staff Member Super Moderator

Do you see an easier delivery method for hcg that doesn't involve injections in the near future Doc? I know there was an oral form that's been kicked around for years but obviously the effectiveness must be in question, because it doesn't seem like it has ever gained popularity/momentum.

6. Dr. John Crisler

Great question, WG.
    I have yet to hear of anyone showing an increase in serum HCG after any kind of sublingual, or oral, administration.

7. TX Tornado

TX Tornado Member

I bought a box of 31ga 1/4" insulin syringes.......I'll fill a whole weeks worth up with my HCG dose and stick them in the fridge......when I get up in the morning for coffee....grab one....quick stick and done.......its gotten so automatic I hardly even think about it anymore and the tiny syringe you don't even feel....
    And as noted above....the small daily dose has been a very noticeable improvement over a big dose every few days.....I think the big dose was causing problems via a E2 spike that the small daily dose doesn't seen to cause. everything is better!

8. Jimstigator

Jimstigator Member

Very interesting. At 250iu twice a week, I felt like garbage. At 50iu EOD, it was manageable. Wonder if something small like 25 once or twice a day could keep my boys going.

-Jim

9. TX Tornado

TX Tornado Member

My Doc had me 300IU every 3 days...the day before my sub-Q testosterone shot.....so I took the "every 3 day" dose and simply divided it by 3 and now do 100IU daily and its working great!

10. Dr. John Crisler

A regular supply of what looks to the receptors as LH.

11. TX Tornado

TX Tornado Member

So.....if you wanted to further divide your dose into twice daily shots.....would there be any point to doing say a larger dose in the morning and a smaller dose in the evening? (2/3rd in the am and 1/3rd pm)
    My thinking here is that since a young man has higher levels on testosterone early in the morning and lower levels late in the day that you could do 2/3rds of your dose at 7am and 12 hours later (7pm) do the other 1/3rd.............or would you want to wait till bedtime for the evening dose?

I would try this if I thought it would make a difference....I've got tons of little 31ga syringes.......
    What do you think about this idea Dr Crisler??? I could give it a 60 day trial and see how it works

12. JanSz

JanSz Well-Known Member

Looks like in the evening the T level is the same as in the morning or slightly larger, at least on this chart.
    I am using GH Nordithropin FlexPro pen. I change needles every 10th injection.
    Just saying.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  13. Diverdown

Diverdown Member

When doing the smaller dose of HCG, where is the injection site you use?

14. TX Tornado

TX Tornado Member

I stick in the belly fat ...maybe 2" out from my navel using a tiny little 31ga 1/4" syringe

15. Jimstigator

Jimstigator Member

Dr. Crisler,

Do you see any reason why this would cause more Leydig cell desensitization than the conventional 250iu+ twice a week?

Thanks!
    Jim

16. Dr. John Crisler

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.

17. Jimstigator

Jimstigator Member

Some guys will stop into forums and their Dr has them on something wacky like 5000 of IUs HCG a week long term. This is generally followed by comments about "desensitization of leydig cells" and how that dose is too high and will cause damage to those cells. When injecting HCG ED, is there any risk of that? Or are the daily doses of 50-100iu too low to cause any issues?

Thanks!
    Jim

18. Dr. John Crisler

Thank you for clarifying.
    If a dose which mimics normal LH levels desensitizes, EVERYONE would be desensitized.

bgreenlee likes this.
  19. DaleMcD

DaleMcD New Member

For myself it seems like my testicles start responding and then as soon as I take a shot of testosterone they shrink back down i a few hours. Would you say this is a case where perhaps twice a day hcg would work better? How much should each dose be, and should it be 7 days a weeks. Thank you

20. Andrew

Andrew Member

Currently on a 250iu E3D regimen of HCG. Reading this thread really makes me want to just dose it everyday in say 65iu injections. Like Dr Crisler said, it just makes a lot of sense administering it the way your body would naturally....no?