1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

TWICE PER DAY hCG shots?!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts from Dr. John' started by Dr. John Crisler, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Andrew

Andrew Member

Or 71iu a day say to equal pretty close to 500iu weekly? Probably hard to measure that up in the insulin syringe

2. Dr. John Crisler

Dr. John Crisler Lord of the Forum Staff Member Super Moderator

Whatever you find works for you.

KYinchampaign and T-Adam like this.
  3. Harry Hormones

Harry Hormones Member

4. Dr. John Crisler

If you understand hormones, you know why small doses every day make the most sense.

KYinchampaign likes this.
  5. KYinchampaign

KYinchampaign Member

Daily mimicking pulsatile LH only makes sense to me.

Aside from that, the disruption of 17-hydroxyprogesterone (17OHP) from exogenous testosterone, thus 17OHP stimulated by hCG. Potentially stimulating allopregnenole, by which is a positive modulator of the GABA-A receptor. Hence, better sense of well-being reported by some. Myself included.

6. torrential

torrential Member

Off topic rant: Someone here asked for or described something like this relatively recently, but what "we" need is an insulin-pump like device for T, HcG, etc. Since I'm dreaming, let's couple the pump device with another device that would noninvasively monitor key blood levels and vital statistics and track daily cycles, to help the pump provide what is needed when it is needed.

Yes, one of these devices is a tricorder, but tricorders are a thing these days:

http://www.tricorderproject.org/
    Any inventors reading this? Win a prize:
    http://tricorder.xprize.org/about/overview

7. Dr. John Crisler

See? Lots of folks understand.

And there's more.

8. TX Tornado

TX Tornado Member

Now if more doctors would "get it"!
    You have to wonder....why don't they.....they're smart, educated people are they wouldn't be doctors......yet tons of them don't "get it"
    Why not???
    I got to say I've met some pretty big ego's and damn little humility about what they dont know from a lot of doctors..

9. Dr. John Crisler

Maybe if they knew there are LH receptors all over the body. They would not be there were there no reason(s) for them.

And realize when you shut down your own LH production, these receptors get no stimulation. The HCG does that, and at levels which are roughly equal to that of LH (hence, the low doses, regularly applied).

Virtually everyone who tries this will report they actually feel better--once dosage is titrated for THEM.

This isn't rocket science....it only requires a very basic understanding of how hormones, and the body, work.

10. Dr. John Crisler

"I don't know" is a phrase I use, at some point, most every day.

11. Dr. John Crisler

Regular use of small doses of HCG is part of my treatment strategy of "Backfilling the Pathways". Like when I add DHEA and PREG to the TRT regimen.

Reading my pal Dr. Mark Gordon's book "TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY: A Clinical Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment"

(I am being certified in same).

In this excellent book, Dr. Gordon repeatedly writes about adding in DHEA and PREG (see Chapter 8, especially), to restore now-disrupted pathways. The benefits to those who have suffered TBI are being shown to be huge.

Dr. Gordon also likes to use Clomiphene. A benefit of same is (now) restoring LH production. There are LH receptors all over the brain. Even in the more peripheral (emotional) brain centers. He is doing groundbreaking work in helping this patient population because of this.

Good science....great results.

12. Dr. John Crisler

Some years ago I was Co-Hosting an A4M convention in Chicago. To get away and clear my mind at lunchtime, I stole away to this little sports bar. Sitting next to me was a gentlemen who identified himself as a Neuroendocrinologist.

I told him I suspected there were LH receptors which directly affect emotion in the brain. He confirmed their existence, and, after further discussion, stated he believed HCG can positively affect our state of mind through this mechanism.

It's great when you see something clinically, come up with an idea, then have it confirmed by someone with such specialized knowledge.

13. BJE

BJE Active Member

On a daily dose of HCH how long after injection would you expect to notice anything if you were to notice anything? Or in other words what time of day would you want to inject to get the most benefit in how you feel. Particularly the well being part. I am interested in this because I suffer from extreme anxiety and some depression.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  14. Dr. John Crisler

It is more "natural" to take it before going to bed, as that is when you normally get a LH surge.
    But taking it in the morning can bring an increased sense of well-being and even libido.
    Those two things can happen the first day.
    It takes a little longer to get the testicles up to size....usually within 3 weeks.

15. Harry Hormones

Harry Hormones Member

Dr John, isn't the half life of HCG 2-3 days? If so, why would there be a need to inject it as often as once a day, let along twice a day? If its half life is so long, how can HCG possibly work in the way that human LH is pulsed?

16. Dr. John Crisler

My guess is because it pulses more that way.

Countless hundreds of patients report they felt better, and some with less estrogen issues,. when they went to a daily protocol. That's pretty hard to argue with.

As we have seen so many times in the field of Interventional Endocrinology, there is what the studies say....then there is what actually works. The top clinicians understand this, and put it to work for the benefit of their patients.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    JanSz likes this.
  17. Jimstigator

Jimstigator Member

I can attest - daily HCG has allowed me to actually use HCG in my protocol. The standard 250iu twice a week caused me major issues. 50iu a day is tolerable for me, and I get the benefit of fertility while on TRT.

-Jim

18. Dr. John Crisler

Remember, the strategy is to maintain a hormonal landscape as closely approximating that of a normal healthy male. That means we want a serum level neither higher, nor lower, than that found normally in such a population; with as many fluctuations as possible. This frees us of worries about up and downregulation: The mimic of LH (HCG) is approximating its serum concentration, and curve (as much as we can).

This is also why no one who really knows what they are doing uses over 500iu of HCG at a time anymore. Plus, it doesn't produce more testosterone--just more estrogen and progesterone. We have seen this in actual clinical practice for many years now.

So we do an injection of100iu of HCG. It's half-life is, what, basically a couple days. It is being absorbed, and breaking down, by that rate. So it comes up in the bloodstream, is exposed to the LH receptors, and falls away. That means you don't have a serum concentration equal to that produced by 100iu all along the half-life. Anyone who knows anything about pharmacodynamnics understands this.

So, by the next day it's falling away. So you take another shot, and initiate another peak, which takes time. Think of the serum profile you create like this. You have to think about what is really going on, not just the dose, or the half-life, of a drug.The top Thought Leaders are onto this.

Doing but 100iu (starting dose) per day also saves money.

JanSz likes this.
  19. Dr. John Crisler

People who spend their days looking at scientific studies, instead of actual clinical practice, won't see this; especially when the studies often are poorly designed, executed, and inappropriately extrapolated to unwarranted conclusions.

20. Dr. John Crisler

They also have to truly understand how hormones work.

JanSz likes this.