1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum! Please be sure you bookmark our new address. Also, please register and join the conversations. It's free!

waking up at 3 am to pee every night

Discussion in 'Male Health & HRT' started by mhr4, Nov 28, 2010.

1. mhr4

mhr4 New Member

Hey Group,

For the past month or so, I have been waking up every night to pee at 3 am. Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Mike

2. Knackersyard

Knackersyard New Member

I do the same :mad:

I believe it could be a shortage of Melatonin. This is the stuff the body produces when it gets dark. It shuts down some of the body's functions (such as urine production).

I had a go with Melatonin about a year ago. Didn't get on with it. Vivid dreams & felt like shite in the morning. I've since learned that "less is more", 1-2mg is the right amount. I was doing 10-20mg:ack2:

I've got some 1mg sub-lingual on order.

I'm also going to buy a pair of "Blue Blocker" glasses to wear at night. See if they work.

Btw, if you'd said "I get up 6 times a night", the suspect might be Prostate or Diabetes. And all this is assuming you're not drinking 10 pints before bedtime!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010