1. Welcome to the All Things Male Forum. Please sign up and join the conversation. It's free!

What Do We Do Now

Discussion in 'Male Health & HRT' started by Harry, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Harry

Harry New Member

Super sad I just spoke with him on the 7th. He had a great setup. Awesome doctor with so much knowledge, office personnel was great, so easy to get an appointment, and very reasonable for a doctor of his caliber.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a doctor of a similar caliber and practice?

Thanks again everyone for all the help.

2. BadassBlues

BadassBlues Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Harry,

I am certain that someone will contact you from his office. I don't have any information, but his client list will likely be taken over by someone.

Hang tight sir...

3. wondering

wondering Active Member

the email sent from the office was posted in the RIP thread. Many (including me) didn't receive it, but there are two options contained in it for physician that are willing to pick up his patients treatments as is.

4. Harry

Harry New Member

Thank you!

5. Harry

Harry New Member

Thanks!

6. Captain

Captain Member

Defy said if you go with them they will be requesting your records for you after you do their forms. Sounds like if you had ordered meds or a VOV in last 90 or 180 days it will be an easy transfer. I can't remember what they said 90 or 180. If it's been longer you probably will not be considered an active patient.

7. Harry

Harry New Member

Ok thank you

8. cappy

cappy New Member

I have heard verbally that Defy is also offering an introductory 10% discount on some services for active patients of Dr. John.

There also was an email sent out to some patients with a records transfer form attached. Email body quoted below:

Attached is a Medical Release Form. Please fill out to the Doctor of your choice so we can assist in getting your records switched over and your care continued. Defy Medical’s address is 4809 N Armenia Ave #220, Tampa, FL 33603. Their contact information is www.defymedical.com/contact-us or 813-445-7342. Dr. David Nebbeling’s address is 3918 W. St. Joseph Hwy, Lansing, MI 48917. His contact information is www.advancedosteopathichealth.com or phone: 517-323-1833 and fax: 517-853-0534. Or enter the information of whichever Doctor you choose. Please email or fax (517-485-4424) to Dr. Crisler’s office upon completion. Please do not respond to this email.

Thank you,

~Patient Care

John Crisler DO PLLC

Medication Requests & Initial Consultation payments:
    www.ATMrequest.com

Age Management Medicine:
    www.DrJohnCrisler.com

Please use our online request system and email
    patientcare@allthingsmale.com whenever possible as they offer faster response times than telephone calls. Telephone messages are returned in the order received and duplicate calls will cause a delay in response.

Attached Files:

9. cappy

cappy New Member

FWIW, I learned today that the transition over to Defy will be a little more involved than promised. It seems Dr. John's patient medical records don't meet Defy's requirements as-received, so Defy is requiring Dr. Crisler's patients go through the full new patient intake process, which involves an 11-point lab test, a physical by your PCP, and the typical medical paperwork (drug/supplement history, hospitalizations, etc.)

New patients will receive a full initial consult (1+ hours). It will be very much like changing medical providers, so it sounds.

I was able to get them to accept my January labs (which contained four of the 11 required tests), so I'm going back in for the remaining seven tests soon. I have my physical with my PCP tomorrow, which I scheduled before I heard that it might not be required. I'm glad I didn't cancel that appointment now.

I'll report back how the process goes.

10. Bulldog

Bulldog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Thanks for the info. Please keep us posted on the process.

11. Irongrip

Irongrip New Member

I am in the process of transitioning care to Defy Medical. I was a HRT patient of Dr. Crisler for 14 years. The transition, although not complete, has been a very good experience thus far. I still need to get my labs completed. I started with an email to Defy inquiring about transferring care from Dr. Crisler. In less than an hour, I was contacted by phone to discuss and begin the process. As Cappy stated above, it appears as though you need to go through the entire new patient intake process with some possible exceptions. There are electronic forms that you will need to fill in online. A physical is required. I was able to use a previous physical from December 2018. They immediately ordered and charged me for labs that I will be completing shortly. They use Lab Corp and have special discounted pricing. I was due for labs as it has been 6 months. I was almost out of medications and Defy was able to get me the required medications almost immediately. I did need to provide evidence of my previous prescriptions, however. In summary, it has been an excellent experience dealing with Defy Medical. They are efficient, attentive, courteous, and dependable. Hope this helps.