Bookmark our new address! www.AllThingsMale.com/forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    James Guest

Default Testosterone Suppositories

This is my first post to this remarkable web site. It's almost like a secret club. I know the following topic was touched upon recently, but it didn't go in the direction that I was hoping. Therefore, I present it again.

I am 62 and have been doing weekly intramuscular injections for 9 months under Dr Cryslers care. Awhile ago I listened to his April 22rd, 2009 lecture,

http://progressive.uvault.com/pd1005...ler/player.HTM

and became aware, for the first time, that there is yet another possible route of entry for T into the body. I was aware of the standard 5 routes of entry: oral, IM, topical, pellets and sublingual. Each of these has some positives and also negatives.

For me, the new route was suppositories. A woman asked Dr Crysler and Dr Mark Gordon about this approach in the question period after the lecture. Both Drs sounded positive in their replies about it.

Now, I know that there is a percent of our group who feel: "There is no way I would ever stick anything up my butt." I can appreciate that feeling.

I also know there is another percent who are willing to do whatever it takes. As for me, I would eat stir-fried dog crap if I knew it would help. From my current understanding, suppositories have the highest positives and lowest negatives of any of the 6 routes of entry.

Positives:
    1) Fast and low "bother" to administer. Similar to oral.
    2) Clean to administer. Similar to oral, but topical not so much. Topical has its negatives in this area, rubbing off etc.
    3) Allows for daily administration. Similar to oral, topical sublingual. The more I learn about the body, the more important it seems to get aligned with its desire for cycling, especially with daily cycling. As Dr Crysler said somewhere, weekly injections give an old-man T pattern.
    4) Doesn't generate DHT. To me this is THE big negative with topical. I have had significant hair loss in the last 9 months with IM (though maybe its stabilized using Dr Crylers Magic Hair Formula). I just wouldn't want to take a chance with topical. There isn't much hair left up there. Dr Gordon said "there is no 5 alpha reductase problem" with suppositories (meaning no additional DHT generated at the point of absorption?).
    5) Accurate dosing. Maybe similar to IM. It's in there and its not going any place (assuming you've worked out your elimination timing). Topical, who knows how much gets lost.
    6) Dr Gordon said the amount of T needed is lower with suppositories, "one quarter to half the amount." He also said "it absorbs incredibly well."
    7) Maybe use pure T, or T plus T cyp, or some other combination.

Negatives:
    1) Social prejudice about the entry location. To me, this is simply a non-issue. Work it into your daily routine. Pretend like you have hemroids. Get over it.
    2) Timing with your bodies natural elimination cycle. Again to me, this is probably a non-issue. My body is very predictable. What about inserting it upon going to bed. Better yet, in the morning right after the first BM. You probably only need a couple hours for absorption. You could get a couple daily spikes.

This idea is new and very appealing to me. Is my analysis above accurate? Other questions: Will the rectal mucosa tolerate a daily dose of T? If suppositories are so easy and good, why aren't guys using them. Social prejudice? Are the cells around the insertion point more prone to make DHT? Dr Crysler said that scrotal skin generated 50 times the DHT of regular skin. Maybe a special tool to get the suppository in there cleanly. How deep does it need to be inserted? Etc. I can only find one company making T suppositories, a German company named Funke(?). Not very common.

I hope we can skip the teenage locker-room silliness and have a serious discussion about this.

Default Re: Testosterone Suppositories

I know that, unfortunately, those involved in illegal dog fighting have been known to use Jalapeno pepper suppositories to light a fire in the dog's ass prior to the event. I have yet to try it to myself, prior to any 5k running event or heavy weight day.

I also have a detox book that mentioned caffeine enemas and how easily the caffeine is absorbed. People have also died due to the ease of absorbtion of materials into the colon.

I think more discussion is needed on this.

Maybe AnewRx could be persuaded to prepare these. They are a compounding pharmacy, after all.

I would definitely prefer that way with peptides (GHRP-6) if practical. Hate injecting.

With testosterone, could proximity to the prostate cause problems?

What about a gel of some sort? (Think of preparation H) Either that or a suppository used with some sort of injector would be much more sanitary.

Quote Originally Posted by monomer View Post
    The T would be metabolized quickly which means you would be doing these a minimum of once a day (maybe more?).
    That may be an advantage if you are interested in reproducing a more physiological pulsatile T rhythm.

Sounds like a pain in the ass to me.

It's interesting one of the good doctors mentioned above have not pursued this further. Maybe a big pharm is testing it now??? People don't need to know you are on HRT most less how you apply it. Once the absorption issue is worked out, the rest should be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by dot1 View Post
    It's interesting one of the good doctors mentioned above have not pursued this further.
    I would guess they have enough problems with patient compliance and getting guys going and probably assume there just isn't any real interest among a bunch of guys who want their machismo back in putting a finger up their ass. but it sounds like there may be a minority of patients who are so serious about their treatment they are interested in it if it has advantages.

James Guest

"Originally Posted by monomer
    The T would be metabolized quickly which means you would be doing these a minimum of once a day (maybe more?)."

Yes, at least once a day. I want the spike in the morning and then a baseline from then on. That's why maybe a mixture of T and T cyp. Wouldn't the T cyp keep things going for 24 hours?

"Originally Posted by seekonk
    That may be an advantage if you are interested in reproducing a more physiological pulsatile T rhythm."

Yes, that is half the reason for my interest in suppositories. The other half is to reduce DHT at the point of entry. Well, actually another reason would be to get away from shots. I don't mind giving shots to myself but since I'm probably looking at T replacement for many years to come, I would like to avoid what must be some trauma to the tissue. Now if they were just shallow subcutaneous shots that would less concern, but Dr Crysler says that T must be deep muscle shots.

With testosterone, could proximity to the prostate cause problems?"

Yes, a good question.

As part of Dr Gordons response to this question in the lecture, he said he doesn't use gels. It makes me wonder if he might be using suppositories for some of his patients.

Dr Crysler, if you're reading this, I would really like to hear your thoughts on this.

Crisler, not Crysler.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The T would be metabolized quickly which means you would be doing these a minimum of once a day (maybe more?)."

Yes, at least once a day. I want the spike in the morning and then a baseline from then on. That's why maybe a mixture of T and T cyp. Wouldn't the T cyp keep things going for 24 hours?

That may be an advantage if you are interested in reproducing a more physiological pulsatile T rhythm."

Yes, that is half the reason for my interest in suppositories. The other half is to reduce DHT at the point of entry. Well, actually another reason would be to get away from shots. I don't mind giving shots to myself but since I'm probably looking at T replacement for many years to come, I would like to avoid what must be some trauma to the tissue. Now if they were just shallow subcutaneous shots that would less concern, but Dr Crysler says that T must be deep muscle shots.

Yes, a good question.

As part of Dr Gordons response to this question in the lecture, he said he doesn't use gels. It makes me wonder if he might be using suppositories for some of his patients.

Dr Crysler, if you're reading this, I would really like to hear your thoughts on this.
    Did he mean that he just doesn't use gels or that he doesn't use transdermals at all?

There are simple ethanol-based gels, liposomal gels and there are transdermals that don't use a gel at all, using various types of cream instead. Each has different absorption characteristics.

I'm not positive, but I think ANewRx uses a liposomal gel and I like it. I have also used ethanol-based gels and creams. Of those, I didn't much like the ethanol gel. I have never used a cream formulation that I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    Did he mean that he just doesn't use gels or that he doesn't use transdermals at all?
    There are simple ethanol-based gels, liposomal gels and there are transdermals that don't use a gel at all, using various types of cream instead. Each has different absorption characteristics.

I'm not positive, but I think ANewRx uses a liposomal gel and I like it. I have also used ethanol-based gels and creams. Of those, I didn't much like the ethanol gel. I have never used a cream formulation that I didn't like.
    I believe he said he does not use transdermals at all, only injections.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

Yes, a good question.

If you google "testosterone suppository" you will find many mentions of them and many links to references that discuss them. So, they certainly aren't unknown. In fact, in Europe, they seem to be readily available.

James Guest

Dr Crisler, please forgive me for misspelling your name. Totally inattentive on my part. This got going with me long ago on auto-spell-pilot and just stuck. Testocules, thankyou for the correction.

I just listened to the part in the lecture where Dr Gordon responded to the question. If I have transcribed it correctly this is what he said:

Question: "Have you tried using the transdermal gel or cream rectally for transmucosal and..... are you going to talk about that?"

Dr Gordon: "No. It works. I love... No, it wasn't a joke, I know you thought it was. I don't use topicals, period. I use vaginal for women. And for my individuals...uhm... that don't mind putting the preparation rectally, it absorbs incredibally well and you don't have the 5 alpha reductase problem that you do on the surface. That's the reason vaginally too, also. The amount we can get by of estrogen, progestrone and testosterone topically, vaginally is a quarter the amount or half the amount."

In this Dr Gordon clearly states "I don't use topicals, period." It is also clear from this that he is using rectal for some of his patients.

TESTOCULES, not testocules.

jk