Bookmark our new address! www.AllThingsMale.com/forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HCG/TRT and ejaculate volume

Happy New Year guys! This is a serious question...

I've been on HCG (plus a little T gel) for about a year now. My levels are stable at the top of range, DHT is mid-range, and E2 is optimal (with a little arimidex). My ejaculate volume seems to be half of what it used to be, and I rarely feel the "need for release". Is this a common side effect from diminished FSH levels due to HCG/TRT? With E2 in check via arimidex it seems like the feedback loop shouldn't be totally shut down. I've read about HMG but the cost is sky-high. Anything else I can do to "pump up the volume"?

Default Re: HCG/TRT and ejaculate volume

FSH stimulates the maturation of sperm in the testes correct? Sperm makes up a very small percentage of total ejaculate volume.

I've had a vasectomy and I haven't noticed a major difference in ejaculate volume before and after. With a vasectomy the sperm never makes it to the ejaculate so I would imagine it emulates low FSH ejaculate content.

Quote Originally Posted by thelordhumungus View Post
    FSH stimulates the maturation of sperm in the testes correct? Sperm makes up a very small percentage of total ejaculate volume.
    So FSH has nothing to do with semen production? What controls this?

I have noticed a decrease since starting HRT 4 months ago. It is about half the volume and much thicker. I'm wondering if the mild BPH I have acquired since starting HRT is to blame for my problem.

why do you care?

are you trying to make a baby?

How would you know, unless you were doing a formal lab test, into a cup, and measuring accurately?

"normal" is 2-5ml. It takes about 40 hrs on average to "re-load"...i.e. for the glands that produce the semen to re-fill after emptying. (prostate, seminal vesicles, etc).

being properly hydrated applies, too...as does time between ejaculations.

What does really thick semen mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuberous View Post
    why do you care?

are you trying to make a baby?

How would you know, unless you were doing a formal lab test, into a cup, and measuring accurately?

Wife noticed, that's enough for me to be care. It also seems to affect length of orgasm and need for release, which I already mentioned. I'm still trying to get my full libido back, since getting my T levels back to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuberous View Post
    why do you care?
    Organism intensity and length appears to be connected to ejaculate volume. The "waves" or orgasm coincident with bursts in ejaculate (at least in me). Weak ejaculate results in poor orgasms.

being properly hydrated applies, too...as does time between ejaculations.
    Good point. Thick ejaculate is often a sign of dehydration. I noticed that my volume increased significantly after upping my water intake.

On HCG monotherapy, I experience both greater volume as well as CRAZY INSANE THICKNESS...IT HAS THE CONSISTANCY OF A SPIDER WEB

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    I have noticed a decrease since starting HRT 4 months ago. It is about half the volume and much thicker. I'm wondering if the mild BPH I have acquired since starting HRT is to blame for my problem.
    Respekt, Blutsbrüderschaft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    One thing I have noticed is that since my BPH has gone away (quite a few weeks now) it is no longer really thick like it was. Volume has also increased back to about where it was prior to TRT.
    Last edited by Bulldog; 04-11-2010 at 10:05 PM. Reason: typo

Honestly folks I'm really starting to think its because the FSH isn't there anymore. Same issue here... HCG is only (a little over) half of the equation. :)

I really wish HMG wasn't so damn expensive, who in their right mind can afford it?? Seriously... how is it that HCG is affordable but HMG is not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanGuy View Post
    Happy New Year guys! This is a serious question...

I've been on HCG (plus a little T gel) for about a year now. My levels are stable at the top of range, DHT is mid-range, and E2 is optimal (with a little arimidex). My ejaculate volume seems to be half of what it used to be, and I rarely feel the "need for release".
    How do you know that E2 is necessarily optimal for you?

For example, I seemed to hit a spot of incredible libido and need for immediate release OR ELSE SOMEONE IS GOING TO GET HURT a couple of times with the use of arimidex when my E2 went, as far as I can tell, quite a bit away from what is usually considered optimal. When E2 tested 22 (close to "optimal") I felt like crap. Still trying to find that sweet spot reliably...
    Last edited by seekonk; 04-11-2010 at 11:15 PM.

Should be good ejaculation with TRT with HCG added anyway better than without it by a long ways depending on how long you have been on HRT.

the hcg is seriously increasing my load i am only on 2 months, but at 350 ius my g/f is commenting i have sick loads

i hope this doesn't diminish in time

Quote Originally Posted by cumkwakka View Post
    the hcg is seriously increasing my load i am only on 2 months, but at 350 ius my g/f is commenting i have sick loads

i hope this doesn't diminish in time
    That's cool! But is the load also bigger on the days when you don't inject hCG? Or are they only bigger on those 2 `HCG days before T injection?