Bookmark our new address! www.AllThingsMale.com/forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hair loss on legs (outside of calf muscles)

Over the last 2 months I have noticed that I have got bald patches on both of my legs on the outer calf muscles.

This could be from wearing slim fitting jeans a lot, or maybe just genes but I am also concerned it could be to do with something else. Problems and symptoms just seem never ending to me...

Any feedback will be appreciated

Default Re: Hair loss on legs (outside of calf muscles)

Sign of low test levels apparently, did you ever measure your hormones.

How3 did you end up with these issues?
    Last edited by liftermo; 10-27-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liftermo View Post
    Sign of low test levels apparently, did you ever measure your hormones.

How3 did you end up with these issues?
    Where states that it could be low testosterone?

I took finasteride, crashed, and have never been the same since.. The last 3 days have been very good for me, probably the best in a long time but today I have reverted back to my miserable state.

I believe its high estrogen symptoms. I recall Crisler saying that alcoholics shins go bald due to the elevated estrogen levels

This happens to lots of men and is not considered abnormal. I have balding shins too.

I have not been able to find a good reason for this. One possibility is a mild form of hyperthyroidism. The search terms are "pretibial myxedema" or "Graves' disease".

Quote Originally Posted by Joe-UK View Post
    Over the last 2 months I have noticed that I have got bald patches on both of my legs on the outer calf muscles.

This could be from wearing slim fitting jeans a lot, or maybe just genes but I am also concerned it could be to do with something else. Problems and symptoms just seem never ending to me...

Any feedback will be appreciated
    This happened to me about 12 years ago, first noticed when I returned to the gym after a case of flu! So sudden it was noticeable to others, who thought I had been shaving my legs, and I was given a hard time over it!

Most of my lost body hair has returned, once I have got my testosterone back to decent levels, but not the shins! :-(

I never would have suggested I had high E2 back then, as I was at my lifetime thinnest & leanest body at the time, although I know I already had fairly low testosterone before then (yet was told it was normal!)

Bearing in mind I have lost outer eyelashes due to being hypothyroid, I tend to associate that hair loss more with initial onset of hypothyroidism too, as that was the also last period of time I had a comfortable response to high or low temperature too!

Hmm, hard to draw any conclusion from this. Considering my other symptoms this probably is related, but hopefully nothing to worry about too much. Would it be brave to talk to a UK doctor about this. I can imagine relating hair loss on the legs to hormones would bewilder many of them

also check thyroid ... hair loss is often a symptom.

Joe this is so weird, i have got the samething - completely bald (some ladies would be jealous) on theou outside of my lower legs and my calve muscle. I too attriubuted it to my track pants rubbing (i used to get similar on my thighs when wearing certain materials while training) Thing is i havent got any new or different clothes and this has only appeared in the last week.
    Not sure if its related but my facce is really crappy skin wise - spots and bumps and whatnot and i usually have very clear skin. Taking test cyp 50-75mg twice a week - what are you on? Normally i would be positive this is just from the clothes but.... maybe more than a coincidence we both have the same thing in the same place?
    "We have two options in life both medically and emotionally; give up or fight like hell." -Lance Armstrong

I have had this for about 10 years (41 now). I always thought it was from my pants rubbing my legs also. However, I now believe it is hormone related. Which hormones, I don't know for sure.
    What does Bulldog think of deep IM Testosterone Cypionate injections?
    I wish I would have manned up and started them sooner because they aren't that big of a deal. ~ Bulldog

Save up to $10 on your order at iherb.com - Use promotion code BUL261

My husband's calves are completely hairless also. It's strange because the rest of him has adequate body hair and his beard growth is normal. A couple of years ago, I read one of the symptoms of low T is lower leg hair loss, I checked out his legs and sure enough. He's 54 now, so I don't know when this started because he never wears shorts. He has no idea either.

T injections and HCG did not bring the hair back. I' m wondering if the androgel will make a difference when he starts that soon by increasing dht.

After being on TRT for about 14 months, my lower leg hair has not increased at all. However, the rest of my body hair has easily tripled.
    What does Bulldog think of deep IM Testosterone Cypionate injections?
    I wish I would have manned up and started them sooner because they aren't that big of a deal. ~ Bulldog

Save up to $10 on your order at iherb.com - Use promotion code BUL261

Quote Originally Posted by saltimbanc0 View Post
    Joe this is so weird, i have got the samething - completely bald (some ladies would be jealous) on theou outside of my lower legs and my calve muscle. I too attriubuted it to my track pants rubbing (i used to get similar on my thighs when wearing certain materials while training) Thing is i havent got any new or different clothes and this has only appeared in the last week.
    Not sure if its related but my facce is really crappy skin wise - spots and bumps and whatnot and i usually have very clear skin. Taking test cyp 50-75mg twice a week - what are you on? Normally i would be positive this is just from the clothes but.... maybe more than a coincidence we both have the same thing in the same place?
    Weird. My skin is really shitty too, on the forehead and at the temples I get lots of bumps and spots that have a rise.

I will be honest, all these symptoms are scaring the shit out of me and I'm losing hope.

I don't take any medicines, just cod liver oil, melatonin at night and magnesium also now. I have taken Rhodiola on and off for the past few months too.

It's weird because just as I have noticed this, I have felt better than ever, but to be honest that's fading away, 3 great days out of 2 months!!

I would love to get to the bottom of this, but nobody seems to know. IME, when doctors do hazard an opinion, it is a different one for every different doctor.

I have a patch as smooth as a baby's bottom on each shin.
    Last edited by seekonk; 10-28-2010 at 05:25 PM.