Bookmark our new address! www.AllThingsMale.com/forum
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Benefits of pregnenolone???

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    it leaves progesterone at low levels and have only a small benefit on cortisol.

Instead
    progesterone supplementation
    (that I implemented last June)(stopped, but now am back on it), not only raised my pregnenolone (unexpected)
    but
    also raised
    cortisol
    aldosterone
    DHEA
    DHEAs
    ACTH

as expected

============
    Since 11/5/2010
    I am on 100mg/day Prometrium and 25mcg-T3

I had a chance to check my

progesterone=1.7 (Nov 18/2010)

Probably within a month or so (no promise) I will do next exchausiteve blood test to asses my status.

I like to have my pregnenolone high
    but
    I am achieving it by supplementing with progesterone

Duely noted. What is the range on that prog test?
    Save $10 bucks on your order at iherb.com - Use promotion code PAC113

Dr. Crisler is offering a complimentary 12-month subscription to Life Extension magazine.

http://www.lef.org/DRJ

Quote Originally Posted by mrevis View Post
    C

I was taking lexapro and prior to dropping it for bromo and wellbutrin and the strange thing is my libido was better when on lexapro prior to dropping it for bromo and wellbutrin. Not sure if bromo/wellbutrin combo increase t-levels,but if so, then maybe increased estrogen too.

I only need to get my e2 down not too much from 33 to 24-28 and not sure which way to get there.

Could taking 5mg of HC tablets at bedtime drop it enough into that range without adex?
    Could be a likely scenario that your serotonin deficient, not dopamine/norepinepherine.

Lexapro = SSRI = More serotonin = happier you, increased libido (given you have found the sweet spot for lexapro dosing. Very easy to bypass that quickly given most SSRI's are to potent and prescribed at to high of doses.

Better SSRI ----> Prosac low dose. Less potent, easier to fine tune dosages.

But that is all off the topic here. Please start new thread.

Dr. Crisler is offering a complimentary 12-month subscription to Life Extension magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Guy View Post
    If your looking for relief from those symptoms, your going to need to optimize your

-cortisol
    -fasting glucose levels
    -Growth hormone levels
    -Testosterone
    Fasting glucose is fine (actually it wasn't fasting on my most recent test but it was still 78). Fasting insulin is low-normal. Growth hormone (via IGF) and testosterone levels were not bad, and a long trial of peptides, GH and TRT did nothing to improve symptoms.

24 hour urine showed high cortisol and low DHEA.

Quote Originally Posted by seekonk View Post
    Fasting glucose is fine (actually it wasn't fasting on my most recent test but it was still 78). Fasting insulin is low-normal. Growth hormone (via IGF) and testosterone levels were not bad, and a long trial of peptides, GH and TRT did nothing to improve symptoms.

24 hour urine showed high cortisol and low DHEA.
    IGF-1 analyses are not an accurate way to measure HGH levels. Please see my attached labs on this post for an example of this fact.

http://allthingsmale.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13645

What are you doing to boost DHEA levels up to healthy ranges?

What are you doing to get an accurate measurement of HGH levels?

*Edit*

What exactly do you mean (precise details) by "long trial of peptides, GH"

Please be more detailed.

-What peptide, what dose, and for what length of time

-Frank GH supplementation, what dose and for what length of time.

Where your cortisol levels managed enough during this time?

How is your neuro levels in general (go on symptoms. Please google dopamine/norepinepherine/serotonin for more info). Do you think your dopamine levels are adequate? (Please google symptoms of low dopamine)

Does any of this apply to you?
    Last edited by Wise Guy; 11-27-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Duely noted, but why not just supplement directly w/ preg and not prog.

Do you have low prog? Do you need to supplement with prog to get adequate prog levels? (assuming mid range, not upper end is that is the goal)

Have you checked prog levels on adequate preg supplementation?
    Pregnenolone------(13-208)ng/dL
    Progesterone------(0.2-1.4)ng/mL

//
    JanSz--Tests--2010

http://allthingsmale.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15433
    I am not a Dr, any opinion that I have is based on my own experience.
    Any changes in my regime are always discussed with and are approved by my doctor.

Diabetes is not a disease. It is how mammals signal for the coming winter. You can cure it naturally.
    ...all legitimate rights have one thing in common: they are rights to action, not to rewards from other people."
    Failure is the spice that gives success its flavors………….If you don’t do the fear, you won’t get the courage.

IGF-1 analyses are not an accurate way to measure HGH levels. Please see my attached labs on this post for an example of this fact.

http://allthingsmale.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13645

What are you doing to boost DHEA levels up to healthy ranges?

What are you doing to get an accurate measurement of HGH levels?

*Edit*

What exactly do you mean (precise details) by "long trial of peptides, GH"

Please be more detailed.

-What peptide, what dose, and for what length of time

-Frank GH supplementation, what dose and for what length of time.

Where your cortisol levels managed enough during this time?
    For about 10 months, most days either frank GH at an average of 2 IU per day or GHRP-6 at either 100 mcg or 200 mcg per day, lately combined with mod-GRF. But most of the time it was GH.

No improvement from this in 10 months.

No, I didn't manage cortisol, since I had already tested pretty high.

Lately I am trialing pregnenolone. So far it is not helping me. Oral DHEA seems to put my libido even further in the gutter every time I use it.

I do not see how this contradicts anything. Chilln did not mention anything about measuring pregnenolone levels.

He mentioned

"monitor your cortisol, and monitor cortisol's effect on testosterone, in order to confirm pregnenolone is doing its job."

which has no relation to running pregnenolone assays.
    From some descriptions I noted that he (chilln) have developed a great sense of feelings.

He able to monitor and adjust number of his own hormones based on those feelings.

Not everyone is blessed in that way, but he is going to great lengths in trying to explain what to look for.

He quoted that he is able to figure out his need and varies his daily TD pregnenolone doses from nothing to 800mg/day

I do not even try that approach.
    Mostly I feel nothing,

(Well, unless I see chick in tight jeans, different story)

Last edited by JanSz; 11-27-2010 at 04:57 PM.
    Any changes in my regime are always discussed with and are approved by my doctor.

Diabetes is not a disease. It is how mammals signal for the coming winter. You can cure it naturally.
    ...all legitimate rights have one thing in common: they are rights to action, not to rewards from other people."
    Failure is the spice that gives success its flavors………….If you don’t do the fear, you won’t get the courage.

Years ago I did great on a compounded T cream with DHEA in it but my levels were still very low for DHEA. Now that I am on .1 mgs of Florinef with Sea Salt in my water my DHEA levels went up to the top of the range. My Dr. told me the range is by age and I need it higher doing the pills then drove up my E2 big time.
    Have you found this on Transdermal DHEA?

Because TD DHEA bypasses the liver, it is less likely to convert into estrogens.

If you have not tried TD DHEA, than it is an inaccurate statement to say "I cannot take DHEA supplements because it raises my e2 levels bigtime"

A more accurate statement is "I cannot take oral DHEA supplements because it adds to me existing estrogen load, which is already partially cranked up due to my existing level of

1. BMI (yours is fairly high IIRC)
    2. Exogenous Test
    3. hcG
    Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.
    Phil

For about 10 months, most days either frank GH at an average of 2 IU per day or GHRP-6 at either 100 mcg or 200 mcg per day, lately combined with mod-GRF. But most of the time it was GH.

No improvement from this in 10 months.

No, I didn't manage cortisol, since I had already tested pretty high.

Lately I am trialing pregnenolone. So far it is not helping me. Oral DHEA seems to put my libido even further in the gutter every time I use it.
    How long on GH only specifically?

How long on GHRP-6 only specifically?

How long on GRF + GHRP-6 only specifically?

Why oral over TD DHEA?

Do you have any labs that show urinary analysis on any of these medications (GH, GHRP-6)?

Read my new post Prog. or Preg. I got some new Preg. thinking it was a higher dose and by mistake I ordered Prog. cream 20 mgs I was on this 2 weeks before someone here showed me my error. I feel great on this and I have about 6 weeks left. I going to keep doing this and get labs and see how this works out.
    http://www.allthingsmale.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=15633
    I do not understand why a man needs to have

"progesterone at close to a top levels (if not slightly over top range)"

I am not saying you are wrong. I am saying I have not read any literature that suggests what your are suggesting as being an accurate statement.

A "likely, IMO, I could be wrong" would be to have

-Higher end pregnenolone
    -mid range progesterone (high enough to do its actions, low enough not to cause any feminizing side effects)
    Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
    Years ago I did great on a compounded T cream with DHEA in it but my levels were still very low for DHEA. Now that I am on .1 mgs of Florinef with Sea Salt in my water my DHEA levels went up to the top of the range. My Dr. told me the range is by age and I need it higher doing the pills then drove up my E2 big time.
    Testosterone is best absorbed through a gel

DHEA is best absorbed through a cream.

The two cannot be combined to achieve satisfactory level of absorption.

That is per Dr. John.

Duely noted, but why not just supplement directly w/ preg and not prog.

Do you have low prog? Do you need to supplement with prog to get adequate prog levels? (assuming mid range, not upper end is that is the goal)

Have you checked prog levels on adequate preg supplementation?
    I did just that and it did not worked.

Look at my tests and other posts, it is all there.

How long on GH only specifically?

How long on GHRP-6 only specifically?

How long on GRF + GHRP-6 only specifically?

Why oral over TD DHEA?

Do you have any labs that show urinary analysis on any of these medications (GH, GHRP-6)?
    Hard to say, I alternated and sometimes overlapped the GHRP-6 and the GH. But for the GH, at least 7 months total. For frank GH, I don't think urinary tests will tell you much since you are already putting more than enough into your body.

Oral DHEA because TDs are a bloody pain in the ass. I am finding this again with the goddamn TD preg.

I don't really feel too comfortable with supplemental DHEA anyway because it can cause HPTA suppression.
    Last edited by seekonk; 11-27-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Hard to say, I alternated and sometimes overlapped the GHRP-6 and the GH.

Oral DHEA because TDs are a bloody pain in the ass. I am finding this again with the goddamn TD preg.
    This is not my experience RE: TD DHEA.

My TD DHEA is from anewrx, and is maximum strength compounded @100mg/ml.

Thus, for 50mg I need one pump which is 1/2 ml. This is a pee sized amount that takes seconds to apply and dry.

I suggest to you or anyone to use preg and/or DHEA to get it compounded maximum strength for ease of use.

I don't really feel too comfortable with supplemental DHEA anyway because it can cause HPTA suppression.
    This is not my experience RE: TD DHEA. I am a "natural" (no exogenous T regularly) and I have used it for nearly 8 months with zero side effects. No sings of any shutdown whatsoever.

But for the GH, at least 7 months total. For frank GH, I don't think urinary tests will tell you much since you are already putting more than enough into your body.
    Why do you think this? I do not think this is true. I think urinary analysis is critical to help you monitor dosing scheme. Perhaps 2Iu a day is not sufficient. Perhaps other aspects of your hormone and/or neuro modulation therapy is not sufficient.

And 3 months time, if your not consistent w/ dosing and your not monitoring labs, is not sufficient in RE: to GHRP-6 as an effective GHRT strategy.

I also don't understand why your using so many different compounds w/ no overall strategy or direction it seems. Your hormone modulation program seems scattered, inconsistent with no hard data.

I also don't understand why your using so many different compounds w/ no labs to assess program.

But that is all for another thread.
    Last edited by Wise Guy; 11-27-2010 at 05:42 PM.

This is not my experience RE: TD DHEA. I am a "natural" (no exogenous T regularly) and I have used it for nearly 8 months with zero side effects. No sings of any shutdown whatsoever.
    What does it mean "no exogenous T regularly"? Do you use it irregularly?

I also don't understand why your using so[ many different compounds w/ no labs to assess program.
    I do have some labs, but I have really lost most of my faith in labs. In most people, they have little if any correlation with symptoms, except for the blindingly obvious cases such as people with TT = below 200. We cannot measure the really important quantities, like receptor densities and cellular sensitivities or resistance to various hormones. So symptoms are the best gauge, IMO, and the only way to really test a compound is to give it some sufficient time to help and if it doesn't, to look somewhere else.