Bookmark our new address! www.AllThingsMale.com/forum

Default Penile discharge -- Non STD, Non UTI

Ive had this discharge for the past 3-4 days. Its greatest in the morning, upon wakening. Its not very much, but is obvious when i squeeze down on it. It has a yellow tint to it...

Ive been checked for STD's more than once, and its come back negative at all times. Also, Ive been on cipro for 2 weeks because my doctor seems to think I have prostatitis. This discharge and prostatitis dont seem to go hand in hand, so not sure what it can be.

Ive been tested for UTI's, and my urine culture comes back normal. Even if there was something of concern, I Imagine the cipro would have cured it.

Any ideas on what this can be? It does cause some minor discomfort/burning when urinating (and even when not).

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Penile discharge -- Non STD, Non UTI

Could be an STD. When was the last time you were checked.

Today.

Its not an STD.

Anyone experience prostatitis here? Non bacterial?

I've heard of yellowish discharge being associated with bacterial and maybe even non-bacterial prostatitis. Unfortunately even CIPRO cannot completely eliminate bacterial prostatitis, it just doesn't get into the prostate very well for complete saturation.

the yellow color could possibly be from nonbacterial inflammation. Usually the semen is green with bacterial prostatitis. Have you ever had your semen or prostatic fluid (or whatever is being discharge) cultured?

Quote Originally Posted by random321 View Post
    I've heard of yellowish discharge being associated with bacterial and maybe even non-bacterial prostatitis. Unfortunately even CIPRO cannot completely eliminate bacterial prostatitis, it just doesn't get into the prostate very well for complete saturation.

the yellow color could possibly be from nonbacterial inflammation. Usually the semen is green with bacterial prostatitis. Have you ever had your semen or prostatic fluid (or whatever is being discharge) cultured?
    The only person who looked at the discharge under a microscope was the Dr at the sexual health clinic -- but she was checking for STD's. She did mention, however, that white blood cells were not really seen in the discharge, so Im wondering if that can rule it out?