Bookmark our new address! www.AllThingsMale.com/forum

Default Is testosterone cypionate a "bio identical hormone"?

The language I'm seeing out there for different clinics and practices is incredibly deceiving.... I'm not sure all the time what they are talking about.

For example, I know the testosterone we inject is synthetic, but isn't it also bioidentical? This one site appears to give males testosterone but not synthetic hormones... shheeeeeeeesh! lol

Really need a doc to take care of these puffy damn nipples!

Default Re: Is testosterone cypionate a "bio identical hormone"?

No.

But after your body clips off the cypionate part, then you have testosterone that is the same as your body makes. The cypionate is there to prolong the half life.

No, but it's close enough. And words bio-identical is marketing crap.

Only real HGH is truly bio-identical for all humans walking the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet Man View Post
    Only real HGH is truly bio-identical for all humans walking the planet.
    What are you trying to say?

It sure seems like marketing crap, but respected figures in the field use bio-identical readily and frequently... it's confusing to put it bluntly.

I mean... how is anything not synthetic unless of course we are still extracting everything from animals, cadavers, and humans... I don't think we do that for much anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by letstalk View Post
    It sure seems like marketing crap, but respected figures in the field use bio-identical readily and frequently... it's confusing to put it bluntly.

I mean... how is anything not synthetic unless of course we are still extracting everything from animals, cadavers, and humans... I don't think we do that for much anymore...
    You have to shop carefully for sure, but, unless you are getting an anabolic steroid like sustenon or winstrol, you can rest assured that you are getting bio-identical hormone. And yes, bio-identical T is synthesized. Most esters are considered to be bio-identical, even though they are not strictly bio-identical, because they have been only slightly modified to extend their half-life once injected.

Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    What are you trying to say?
    That if you were to analyze at the molecular level the testosterone your body makes vs. the testosterone you're injecting, they're not identical. The body accepts it (it obviously doesn't reject it) but it's not exactly the same. I'm not a chemist or biologist but I have read this multiple places over the years, and is why "bio-identical" being used to market testosterone is crap.

However if you're talking about HGH, what is being synthesized for medical use (i.e. Somatropin etc.) is exactly bio-identical to the HGH floating around in the human bodies of all people walking the planet.

That if you were to analyze at the molecular level the testosterone your body makes vs. the testosterone you're injecting, they're not identical. The body accepts it (it obviously doesn't reject it) but it's not exactly the same. I'm not a chemist or biologist but I have read this multiple places over the years, and is why "bio-identical" being used to market testosterone is crap.

However if you're talking about HGH, what is being synthesized for medical use (i.e. Somatropin etc.) is exactly bio-identical to the HGH floating around in the human bodies of all people walking the planet.
    Got it, thanks.

That if you were to analyze at the molecular level the testosterone your body makes vs. the testosterone you're injecting, they're not identical.
    They certainly are identical, in the sense that once the ester is removed from T-cyp (which an enzyme in your blood does), the resulting testosterone molecule that is liberated into the bloodstream is absolutely identical to the one produced by your testicles. It is a simple small molecule that is easily synthesized in the exact same form your body makes it, which you can look up here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone

The testosterone in gels, by the way, is also absolutely bioidentical (in this case it is just the pure testosterone, not linked to an ester).

Quote Originally Posted by seekonk View Post
    They certainly are identical, in the sense that once the ester is removed from T-cyp (which an enzyme in your blood does), the resulting testosterone molecule that is liberated into the bloodstream is absolutely identical to the one produced by your testicles. It is a simple small molecule that is easily synthesized in the exact same form your body makes it, which you can look up here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone

The testosterone in gels, by the way, is also absolutely bioidentical (in this case it is just the pure testosterone, not linked to an ester).
    What Seekonk said.
    What does Bulldog think of deep IM Testosterone Cypionate injections?
    I wish I would have manned up and started them sooner because they aren't that big of a deal. ~ Bulldog

Save up to $10 on your order at iherb.com - Use promotion code BUL261

Quote Originally Posted by seekonk View Post

Yes I understand that part. Of course the molecule is the same. There's only one human 'testosterone' molecule structure. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that by introducing that molecule into your body, you're also introducing other substances that are in the cypionate. Likewise with the gel/creams, there is a carrier which it has it's own molecular structure.

I was saying with HGH, other than bacteriostatic water, there is nothing else being introduced into the body nor is there anything being converted or removed/processed requiring an enzyme (or anything else), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    What Seekonk said.
    not sure why people still do intermuscular. the injection site is always sore feels like i got kicked in the leg for days afterwards. 100 mg of test cyponainte every four days subcutaneous and and 500 iu of hcg on day three keeps everything working great. original levels at 243(total)/6.5(free) 90 day levels at 1130(total)/35(free). could use some advice on keeping the estrodiol levels down though. agree about the bs bio identical marketing... called several of the bio-clinics and after lots of bio greatness sales pitches i finally got the truth that test-cyp is what they use for injections..

I am afraid the compounders are not quite being right about this.

Testosterone is testosterone. Its molecule is consistent, regardless of the delivery method.

Adding an ester to improve its performance inside the body IMO does not change that.

It's not like with estrogens.
    www.AllThingsMale.com
    -----------------------
    Any information I may provide does not substitute for a proper medical evaluation by a medical professional;
    nor does it constitute doctor/patient relationship, or liability, in any way.

Co-Author of The Low T Book

Follow me on Facebook at
    Dr. John Crisler
    --------------
    Following the link below will get you a free annual subscription to Life Extension Magazine, a $40 value!
    Life Extension Magazine

35! Hows the libido