Bookmark our new address! www.AllThingsMale.com/forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Does IGF-1 extend or shorten lifespan?

Quote Originally Posted by 52188 View Post
    I can't get my IGF-1 above 175 and that's with GHRP/GHRH. My baseline was 92.
    How much are you using?

It is also possible that if your pituitary is damaged, coaxing it to increase GHRH output by decreasing GHIH via GHRP is a moot point.
    Save $10 bucks on your order at iherb.com - Use promotion code PAC113

Dr. Crisler is offering a complimentary 12-month subscription to Life Extension magazine.

http://www.lef.org/DRJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Guy View Post
    The latter is likely age adjusted. The former is the correct range.
    Hadn't considered that...am still getting accustomed to potentially being in an "age adjusted" demographic :)

Thanks for the info.

How much are you using?

It is also possible that if your pituitary is damaged, coaxing it to increase GHRH output by decreasing GHIH via GHRP is a moot point.
    My pituitary is damaged, but the sermorelin/GHRP blend triggered a massive amount of GH release so I don't know how to read it.

From a single dose of a blend of 100 mcg Sermorelin, 250 mcg GHRP-2 and 50 mcg GHRP-6, my serum GH was over 10 and my IGF was 175. I use a somanostatin inhibitor huperzine A to help release more GH also.

How much are you using?

Not so fast. Define damaged please. Is shut off and non responsive damaged or just tumors, lesions, and irregular shaped/flat?
    While I will not argue coaxing it as you described may be moot. There are other evolving "fixes" and "augmentations" that are close to the surface of no longer being hidden that no one is even close to discussing in this tread.

The real questions is in my mind, precursors or replacement and not just for HGH/IGF-1, but for T as well.

I have given you 1/3 to 50% of the equation in getting the excessive ethanol checked off that inhibits the P450 to modulate cholesterol into preg. Two other game changers when combined will force current HRT to have to reorganize, rethink or fade away away and be replaced.

My pituitary is damaged, but the sermorelin/GHRP blend triggered a massive amount of GH release so I don't know how to read it.

From a single dose of a blend of 100 mcg Sermorelin, 250 mcg GHRP-2 and 50 mcg GHRP-6, my serum GH was over 10 and my IGF was 175. I use a somanostatin inhibitor huperzine A to help release more GH also.
    Define damaged please. MRI scan says ___________. Other testing says _____________ what?

A few things to consider: T will elevate IGF-1. also there are other mitigating factors that I think makes it very unwise to be throwing out range targets like they are some universal law. if i were to maintain the upper 1/3 of a 25 year old man for TT (ie 1100 ng/dl) i would be slamming my hct/hgb into the high 50's/low 60's putting myself in danger and not loading any iron, zero. or at least my friend with the hemochromatosis (HH) would not....

if you are not factoring TT/FT/BAT, E2 and SHGB then I think you are making a big mistake because you will be boosting IGF-1 and in theory can still have GH issues. In HH adipose fat will not move without GHRT. GH def was defined as >5 ng/ml, see attached.

In those cases you can not just readily apply some range that is agreed upon by a base of customers to a certain demographic and call it a day.

I am concerned over this issue as well. I have a mid section that is typical to HH and describes my friend in the attached clinical. He has not used peptides, but is getting desperate enough if the next round of reaching out doesnt help him, to do it himself.

Do peptides represent the raw building blocks of GH or is there other factors, such as what is the raw material for the legids to produce T?

If the raw materials are present then in theory signaling can be restored and all of he HRT/peptide issues go away.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Eagle View Post
    Define damaged please. MRI scan says ___________. Other testing says _____________ what?
    The MRI says "a rea of poorly circumscribed inhomogeneity is seen within the pituitary gland on the left measuring up to 4 mm."

My endo told me it was damaged.

if you are not factoring TT/FT/BAT, E2 and SHGB then I think you are making a big mistake because you will be boosting IGF-1 and in theory can still have GH issues. In HH adipose fat will not move without GHRT. GH def was defined as >5 ng/ml, see attached.
    Is the GH deficiency defined as <5 ng/ml after GH stimulation testing?

The MRI says "a rea of poorly circumscribed inhomogeneity is seen within the pituitary gland on the left measuring up to 4 mm."

My endo told me it was damaged.
    Your endo's comments mean nothing to me, since I have been through 3 of them to get blank looks from the current for splitting T injects twice weekly to mitigate spike. "Oh really you take two injects, you the only one, most of my patients do not like needles." So your doc may be the exception, but I highly doubt it.

Now the metrics of 4mm and the other data, the empirical, not the obligatory comments from the medical peanut gallery that work 3.5 days a week are more concerned about their wife with the $10,000 tits and country club membership, is more convincing. Sorry for you and your pituitary.

Is the GH deficiency defined as <5 ng/ml after GH stimulation testing?
    The attachment was provided for the purpose of reading it.

Reference: Page 2, para 1, sentence 1"

"Further evaluation revealed an abnormally low growth hormone level of 3.3 ng/mL (nl >5 ng/mL)."

"Further evaluation revealed an abnormally low growth hormone level of 3.3 ng/mL (nl >5 ng/mL)."
    Yes, I did read the attachment. My question was if the testing they did was growth hormone stimulation testing. They used the term "testing" in the attachment but did not specify what type of testing they did. edited: after reading it a second time they did refer to provocative testing, I assume this is the standard GH stim test
    Last edited by 52188; 09-18-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Your endo's comments mean nothing to me, since I have been through 3 of them to get blank looks from the current for splitting T injects twice weekly to mitigate spike. "Oh really you take two injects, you the only one, most of my patients do not like needles." So your doc may be the exception, but I highly doubt it.

Now the metrics of 4mm and the other data, the empirical, not the obligatory comments from the medical peanut gallery that work 3.5 days a week are more concerned about their wife with the $10,000 tits and country club membership, is more convincing. Sorry for you and your pituitary.
    Thanks for the reply. Sadly, in my experiences I do find this to be true about doctors not caring about their patients' well being and just there to collect a check, and rather clueless about hormones.

Yes, I did read the attachment. My question was if the testing they did was growth hormone stimulation testing. They used the term "testing" in the attachment but did not specify what type of testing they did. edited: after reading it a second time they did refer to provocative testing, I assume this is the standard GH stim test
    Good point and I am contacting the authors. I think that is a fair assumption, but want it confirmed.

Most of the current cut off's for deficiency have been arbitrarily set to 3.0 ng/mL , seems like they really are designed for only the very sick and not deficient to fail stim tests. So people that could benefit from treatment get denied.

I am 36 and had a test lvl of mid 200's and my IGF-1 was 190ish. Once I got my test lvls to 750-800 my last IGF was 423 so for me at least getting my test lvls up helped my IGF1. Not sure if this is for anyone but it did help me and after 1 year on TRT I can tell I have a much stronger / leaner build.