Bookmark our new address! www.AllThingsMale.com/forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 05, 2011
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Question about testicle shrinkage on TRT

    When a person goes on TRT and deosn't take HCG how quickly do the testicles start to shrink? Is this a matter or days or weeks or months? I mean once you start TRT your body will stop producing LH and then the testicles no longer produce testosterone and then the shrinkage should happen rather fast, right?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 20, 2012
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Question about testicle shrinkage on TRT

    Quote Originally Posted by griffith View Post
    When a person goes on TRT and deosn't take HCG how quickly do the testicles start to shrink? Is this a matter or days or weeks or months? I mean once you start TRT your body will stop producing LH and then the testicles no longer produce testosterone and then the shrinkage should happen rather fast, right?
    Couple weeks for me. By a month, they were tiny and soft.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 18, 2009
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Question about testicle shrinkage on TRT

    I had a 200mg shot 2 weeks ago, getting another tomorrow. I havent noticed a change but then perhaps my testicles weren't full size to begin with? I'll be sure to keep an eye on it now. My DO says he doesnt use HCG when I asked but I'll keep pushing if I notice a change.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 06, 2010
    Posts
    1,881
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Question about testicle shrinkage on TRT

    depends on dose, estrogen levels....the individual. Gel shrank my nuts up very fast. Most of the time mine are about normal on a trt dose. HCG would still be recommended though as I'm sure they would otherwise atrophy in time.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 02, 2009
    Location
    Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Question about testicle shrinkage on TRT

    The only thing I have noticed while not on HCG is that they are slightly softer and lighter. Nothing anyone would notice.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 27, 2009
    Posts
    3,682
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Question about testicle shrinkage on TRT

    Quote Originally Posted by griffith View Post
    When a person goes on TRT and deosn't take HCG how quickly do the testicles start to shrink? Is this a matter or days or weeks or months? I mean once you start TRT your body will stop producing LH and then the testicles no longer produce testosterone and then the shrinkage should happen rather fast, right?
    They won't necessarily shrink. Some people on TRT have no obvious shrinkage. Others have a lot of shrinkage.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 05, 2011
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Question about testicle shrinkage on TRT

    Hi guys, I have been on gel for 2 weeks now and think they're already getting smaller. I don't like that.
    But I also don't know if I can ask my doc for HCG. I don't know if he's that open-minded. How often would one
    have to take HCG in order to prevent shrinkage? Is HCG injected into the muscle or into the stomach?

    I also worry what if testicle shrinkage itself is harmful to the testicles? Do the cells in there get smaller or do they
    disappear? If someone is on TRT or goes on TRT and off TRT and the testicles get smaller and then bigger again
    then could this cause cancer?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 26, 2012
    Posts
    1,622
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Question about testicle shrinkage on TRT

    Quote Originally Posted by griffith View Post
    Hi guys, I have been on gel for 2 weeks now and think they're already getting smaller. I don't like that.
    But I also don't know if I can ask my doc for HCG. I don't know if he's that open-minded. How often would one
    have to take HCG in order to prevent shrinkage? Is HCG injected into the muscle or into the stomach?

    I also worry what if testicle shrinkage itself is harmful to the testicles? Do the cells in there get smaller or do they
    disappear? If someone is on TRT or goes on TRT and off TRT and the testicles get smaller and then bigger again
    then could this cause cancer?
    I think for most people the shrinkage comes early, but it tapers off quite soon. I imagine age plays a large part as well.

    The testes, if they functioned before TRT, are expected to function the same once you come off TRT.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 11, 2007
    Location
    The Man Cave
    Posts
    708
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Question about testicle shrinkage on TRT

    Quote Originally Posted by griffith View Post
    How often would one
    have to take HCG in order to prevent shrinkage? Is HCG injected into the muscle or into the stomach?
    HCG is a SubQ injection, usually into the belly fat within 6 inches of the navel. You might want to check out Dr. Crisler's write up on HCG...
    -----------------------------------------------------

    Thank You!
    Ryan S.
    Operations Manager / Nocturnal Administrator
    John Crisler DO PLLC / ATM Age Management
    Ryan@AllThingsMale.com

    Please note that while I work in the Man Cave, and have some special knowledge, I am not a doctor. I cannot dispense medical advice, or tell you what Dr. Crisler wants you to do so ask him during your appointment. If I provide any thoughts it is based on my knowledge, opinion, and working understanding of certain topics. Also, all patient administrative issues should go through the proper channels. Please email me directly only if I've asked you to do so. Routine patient care inquiries go to PatientCare@ATMAntiAging.com


    If you use GoDaddy for your domain registrations, here is my gift to you! 35% off! Code: WOWQRS

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 05, 2011
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Question about testicle shrinkage on TRT

    Hello, this surprises me. Can HCG also be injected into the leg muscle? Cause I think I saw this on youtube.

    And are there any reasons/adverse reactions/side effects why someone on TRT shouldn't also be using HCG? Cause if injection is that simple then I see no reason why I shouldn't also use HCG.

    Or is HCG totally expensive and not paid by insurances? That could be a problem cause my insurance didn't even want to pay TRT cause they didn't believe that I need it.

    And when you use TRT and HCG then does this mean that your testicles maintain your full natural production so that you end up with: Natural T + external T from TRT = very high T?
    Or will your natural production still be decreased due to the external T?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 14, 2012
    Posts
    244
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Question about testicle shrinkage on TRT

    I started my TRT with HCG so not 100% sure. But if I stop HCG for 10 days or so my nuts are sore and tiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffith View Post
    And are there any reasons/adverse reactions/side effects why someone on TRT shouldn't also be using HCG? Cause if injection is that simple then I see no reason why I shouldn't also use HCG.
    One of the adverse reactions a lot of people tend to have is that HCG can produce a lot more E2. With a lot of people this means using an AI like arimidex to control E2. And, Arimidex is not a lot of fun to dose. So, potentially this means having 3 complicated drugs in the mix.

    One of the options that I (and others) use, is to just use a minimal amount of HCG if it does increase your E2 a lot. That way an arimidex isn't necessary for me and makes things simpler. Everyone is different so not everyone achieves their best protocol on the standard 500iu's per week+arimidex.
    Last edited by hendrix; 10-24-2012 at 02:27 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 05, 2011
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Question about testicle shrinkage on TRT

    @ hendrix

    Are you only using HCG to boost testo or also on TRT?
    I imagine this to be pretty complicated cause testo can raise e2 and if HCG can also raise e2 then how are you supposed to know what's responsible if e2 is too high?

    And can you even tell if the HCG which one uses keeps the own production up when one is at the same time on TRT? I mean how are you supposed to know how much of the T in the blood is from your own balls and how much is external T?

    For example let's say a person injects 100mg testo every few days and gets 700ng/dl.
    Now if the same person adds HCG to the mix and jump starts his balls to produce testo again and keeps using the 100mg testo every few days then should this person get more than 700ng/dl because now the own production is running again?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 02, 2008
    Location
    Northern Europe
    Posts
    1,280
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Question about testicle shrinkage on TRT

    You might never know exactly how much of the T in your blood is from the T you inject and from the T which your balls produce via hCG or LH stimulation. You could extrapolate rough numbers, say in a scenario where you've been on TRT without hCG for a while and your natural production is more or less shut down. Then you get blood drawn and determine an average T value based on your injection schedule. After that, you add hCG and see how much your T rises.

    And this pretty much answers your last question: as long as your hypogonadism isn't 100% primary (i.e. your balls still work to some degree), you should see an increase in T values if you add hCG on top of exogenously administered T.

    Quote Originally Posted by griffith View Post
    @ hendrix

    Are you only using HCG to boost testo or also on TRT?
    I imagine this to be pretty complicated cause testo can raise e2 and if HCG can also raise e2 then how are you supposed to know what's responsible if e2 is too high?

    And can you even tell if the HCG which one uses keeps the own production up when one is at the same time on TRT? I mean how are you supposed to know how much of the T in the blood is from your own balls and how much is external T?

    For example let's say a person injects 100mg testo every few days and gets 700ng/dl.
    Now if the same person adds HCG to the mix and jump starts his balls to produce testo again and keeps using the 100mg testo every few days then should this person get more than 700ng/dl because now the own production is running again?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 14, 2012
    Posts
    244
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Question about testicle shrinkage on TRT

    Quote Originally Posted by griffith View Post
    @ hendrix

    Are you only using HCG to boost testo or also on TRT?
    I imagine this to be pretty complicated cause testo can raise e2 and if HCG can also raise e2 then how are you supposed to know what's responsible if e2 is too high?
    I'm on Test-cyp, and just add a little HCG in to keep my balls from completly shriveling, and it gives me a sense of well being, even at a a small dose.

    Generally speaking HCG raises E2 a lot more. You coould get a blood test without HCG, and then get one with HCG and see what happens to E2.

    Personally I can tell pretty easily. I take a very small amount of HCG EOD. On the day without HCG I'll get good erections, and that night get morning wood. However the day of the injections wood get significantly worse and no morning wood. It has a 33 hour half life, so it can change things in a hurry.


    And can you even tell if the HCG which one uses keeps the own production up when one is at the same time on TRT? I mean how are you supposed to know how much of the T in the blood is from your own balls and how much is external T?

    For example let's say a person injects 100mg testo every few days and gets 700ng/dl.
    Now if the same person adds HCG to the mix and jump starts his balls to produce testo again and keeps using the 100mg testo every few days then should this person get more than 700ng/dl because now the own production is running again?
    Sargover answered the bottom half of your question. Yes you should be >700ng/dl as long as you're not primary if you were to add HCG.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 17, 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Question about testicle shrinkage on TRT

    Within 2 - 3 wekks of using Androgel, I noticed definite shrinkage. Since then, I have moved on to Sustanon 250. Unfortunately, after several weeks of 300IU of HCG EoD, there is no sign of recovery.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 AM.