Bookmark our new address! www.AllThingsMale.com/forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ovidrel vs Pregnyl

I'm curious to hear from people who have used both Ovidrel and Pregnyl and whether you think that one is better than the other? I've read that Ovidrel acts as an FSH analogue as well as a LH analogue, which is one advantage it has over Pregnyl and I've also read that a lot of folks believe that Pregnyl begins to lose its potency much sooner than 30 days when mixed with bacteriostatic water.

Default Re: Ovidrel vs Pregnyl

Regardless of brand, keep it in the fridge, dispose of 30 days after reconstitution (or thawing).

Since it needs to be diluted, Ovidrel seems to be a PITA and is usually warranted only when this is the only HCG your insurance covers. Not to mention the pharmacy will almost always question a Male prescription for Ovidrel.

If you are paying out of pocket, your best economy is to go with a compounded HCG, which also allows smaller vial size to minimize waste. As for effectiveness, your mileage may vary since each person may respond differently. I've heard both good and bad about Ovidrel and Pregnyl from various patients.
    -----------------------------------------------------

Thank You!
    Ryan S.
    Operations Manager / Nocturnal Administrator
    John Crisler DO PLLC / ATM Age Management
    Ryan@AllThingsMale.com

Please note that while I work in the Man Cave, and have some special knowledge, I am not a doctor. I cannot dispense medical advice, or tell you what Dr. Crisler wants you to do so ask him during your appointment. If I provide any thoughts it is based on my knowledge, opinion, and working understanding of certain topics. Also, all patient administrative issues should go through the proper channels. Please email me directly only if I've asked you to do so. Routine patient care inquiries go to PatientCare@ATMAntiAging.com

If you use GoDaddy for your domain registrations, here is my gift to you! 35% off! Code: WOWQRS

There are stories running around about shelf life of HCG.
    From what I know HCG after mixing, when kept in refrigerator have a shelf life of 1 month.
    That is story only, I do not remember seeing it written on any official spect.
    Also nobody have made any study trying to figure out length of shelf life.
    -------------------------
    Ovidrel, after mixing, when kept at room temperature have a shelf life of one month,
    stated on a leaflet included with syringe.
    Exact words below.
    -------------------------
    Based on above I use one Ovidrel syringe to make 65 injections, ie each shot=100iu.
    I inject EOD, so one syringe should last 130 days.
    I had already made one very similar run and it appears that the mix held its potency all the time,
    gauging by look of my scrotum and testicles.
    ------------------------------------------

Ovidrel Storage
    Prefilled Syringe must be stored refrigirated betwees 2-8C(35-46F) before being dispensed to patient.
    Patient should store the pre-filled syringe refrigirated to allow the expiry date shown on the syringe or carton.
    The Ovidrel pre-filled syringe may be stored by the patient for no more than 30 days at room temperature (up to 25C(77F) but must be used within those 30 days.
    Protect from light.

//////////////

Ovidrel can be bought over internet, same as HCG.

//////////////////
    Last edited by JanSz; 10-25-2012 at 03:56 PM.
    I am not a Dr, any opinion that I have is based on my own experience.
    Any changes in my regime are always discussed with and are approved by my doctor.

Diabetes is not a disease. It is how mammals signal for the coming winter. You can cure it naturally.
    ...all legitimate rights have one thing in common: they are rights to action, not to rewards from other people."
    Failure is the spice that gives success its flavors………….If you don’t do the fear, you won’t get the courage.

I never heard about Ovidrel being any different than HCG beyond how it`s produced? Where do you got the FSH analogue from? I think that`s wrong.

But Ovidrel got a shorter half-life, so you may need to take it more frequently than HCG. I do it every other day now. Some do every day.

Don`t really notice any difference from HCG, but I`m not the best to ask either, since my situation is not really stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
    I never heard about Ovidrel being any different than HCG beyond how it`s produced? Where do you got the FSH analogue from? I think that`s wrong.

But Ovidrel got a shorter half-life, so you may need to take it more frequently than HCG. I do it every other day now. Some do every day.

Don`t really notice any difference from HCG, but I`m not the best to ask either, since my situation is not really stable.
    Ovidrel is recombinant and the story is that helps potency (shelf-life) last longer.

Apparently word from Freedom Pharmacy (pharmacy used by many women for fertility meds) is that Ovidrel lasts for 6 months to a year refrigerated.
    Last edited by WhatTheF; 10-25-2012 at 08:44 PM.

I'm happy to say that I've done away with all forms of injectable HCG and all the B.S. that goes with it! Needles....syringes....bactireostatic water....mixing....worrying about shelf life....having to give myself injections...

I found a pharmacy that makes up HCG troches. I've used them all and these work just as well as all the others and a three month supply costs only $47.00.
    Melt one 250IU troche under your tongue twice a week and thats it.......
    These are so easy to keep and use....frankly I don't know why I'd ever go back to injectable HCG.

....Did I mention they taste good???? Like a little mint candy! Gotta keep the kids out of them!

Quote Originally Posted by TX Tornado View Post
    I'm happy to say that I've done away with all forms of injectable HCG and all the B.S. that goes with it! Needles....syringes....bactireostatic water....mixing....worrying about shelf life....having to give myself injections...

I found a pharmacy that makes up HCG troches. I've used them all and these work just as well as all the others and a three month supply costs only $47.00.
    These are so easy to keep and use....frankly I don't know why I'd ever go back to injectable HCG.

....Did I mention they taste good???? Like a little mint candy! Gotta keep the kids out of them!
    Is that through insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by letstalk View Post
    Is that through insurance?
    No thats the cash price...$47.00 for a 3 month supply of the med and you pay overnite shipping to get it...Fedex was another $17.00
    Still really inexpensive even with the shipping

Quote Originally Posted by TX Tornado View Post

Uh huh.

Please show me a study where HCG had been found in the bloodstream after taking an HCG troche.

Now, think about the price; does that REALLY make sense?
    www.AllThingsMale.com
    -----------------------
    Any information I may provide does not substitute for a proper medical evaluation by a medical professional;
    nor does it constitute doctor/patient relationship, or liability, in any way.

Follow me on Facebook at
    Dr. John Crisler
    --------------
    Following the link below will get you a free annual subscription to Life Extension Magazine, a $40 value!
    Life Extension Magazine

I am far from being ANY kind of expert, and I never claim to hold enough knowlege to ever offer any real advice on this subject. I have also been taking an HCG troche 500iu for a couple of years, every third day. I did this purley for reasons of keeping my boys from turning into peas. I have to say, I have not lost any size whatsoever in my testiclers. That is my only testimony to the troche's effectiveness.

About HCG,

use any kind you want,
    then
    look at
    scrotum
    balls
    sperm

draw your own conclussion.

If you worry about sperm quality be carefull.
    Balls and scrotum are fair game.

I am not a Dr, any opinion that I have is based on my own experience.
    Any changes in my regime are always discussed with and are approved by my doctor.

Diabetes is not a disease. It is how mammals signal for the coming winter. You can cure it naturally.
    ...all legitimate rights have one thing in common: they are rights to action, not to rewards from other people."
    Failure is the spice that gives success its flavors………….If you don’t do the fear, you won’t get the courage.

There is some information to be found that the HCG molecule is too large to be absorbed sublingualy. There is other information to the contrary. Mind you, none of this is a scientific controlled study, and most of it is from unreliable sources.

It seems there is very little available documented information as to the effectiveness of sublingual HCG. As I stated above, I can only comment on my personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BadassBlues View Post
    There is some information to be found that the HCG molecule is too large to be absorbed sublingualy. There is other information to the contrary. Mind you, none of this is a scientific controlled study, and most of it is from unreliable sources.

It seems there is very little available documented information as to the effectiveness of sublingual HCG. As I stated above, I can only comment on my personal experience.
    As Dr. J pointed out, there isn't 1 study to show that sublingual/oral HCG has any effect/raises the levels found in the body.

Might as well just flush it down the toilet, have the same effect if your mental disposition allows it. Psychologically it has an effect though possible.

Side note, can AnewRx get Ovidrel? If anyone is using it, where from and how much?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4aminsomniac View Post
    As Dr. J pointed out, there isn't 1 study to show that sublingual/oral HCG has any effect/raises the levels found in the body.

Might as well just flush it down the toilet, have the same effect if your mental disposition allows it. Psychologically it has an effect though possible.

Side note, can AnewRx get Ovidrel? If anyone is using it, where from and how much?

Thanks

You can get it at the corner Walgreens. I believe a number of people here use it. I used to but didn't find it worth the additional expense - compounded hCG works just great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 4aminsomniac View Post

Thanks
    Kindly show me a study that says it doesnt.

As stated, I use it to prevent testicular atrophy from TRT. It has done the job, and I doubt there is any psychological link to that.