Bookmark our new address! www.AllThingsMale.com/forum

Default Tamoxifen to increase testosterone, how much?

Guys I was wondering how much tamoxifen to use to increase testosterone. I read that
    Dr Crisler tries 12.5mg of clomid in some of his patients. I also read that tamoxifen can be
    used, but can't find dosages.

I did a little bit of research and it seems that tamoxifen is stronger so you much less.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Tamoxifen to increase testosterone, how much?

There was a study comparing 10 mg (or maybe 20 mg) tamoxifen to 150 mg clomid in men and the finding was that the two drugs stimulated about equal amounts of testosterone production. These doses are so excessive, though, that one wonders about the validity of it all. Another study compared 5 mg tamoxifen to 10 mg and 20 mg and found that the 5 mg was just as effective as 20 mg at stimulating maximal testosterone production.

So I would guess that at most you need 5mg tamoxifen.

In women, the usual dose is 20 mg tamoxifen a day, compared to a usual dose of 50 mg Clomid per day. Even though these drugs are used for different conditions in women, these are the doses at which they have been tested for safety, so if we were to take these numbers as a rough equivalence, it would suggest that your tamoxifen dose should be at most 40% of your Clomid dose. So taking Dr. John's Clomid dose of 12.5 mg as a guideline, 40% of that would be roughly 5 mg Tamoxifen per day.

So again, 5mg per day should be more than enough.

However, given the above-mentioned dose ranging study showing that 5 mg already stimulated maximal testosterone production, it is possible that even lower doses would be effective, so you could even start from, say, 2.5 mg or 1.25 mg a day.

I take some tamoxifen with my testosterone to keep the testicles awake, and I find that 5 mg per week already increases their size a bit. I'm not suggestin you take that low a dose for monotherapy but I just mention it to show that it's a very strong drug, so don't be afraid to start with very low doses, since the lower the dose, the less chance of side effects. Remember, this drug has not been studied for long term safety in TRT.
    Last edited by seekonk; 08-18-2013 at 04:13 AM.

Tamoxifen 20mg a day left me with LH at the top of the range. And TT 453.

For me it was not as strong as they say.

I seem to have a degree of primary hypogonadism.

I'll come back to T + HCG + AI.

Quote Originally Posted by FelipeJo View Post
    Tamoxifen 20mg a day left me with LH at the top of the range. And TT 453.

For me it was not as strong as they say.

I seem to have a degree of primary hypogonadism.
    SERMs unfortunately won't help much if someone is primary hypogonadic to a large degree. (Although you do have to give it a few months to let testicles regenerate to be sure.)

But there was a paper showing 5 mg to be as effective as 20 mg on the study population, implying that the saturation dose is, for most men, below 5 mg. So it is possible your LH might have been at the top of the range at lower doses too.

Above the saturation dose, the risks of side effects just increase, and needlessly so.